4/8: A parting shot -- Wiz @ mistake by the lake

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Re: 4/8: A parting shot -- Wiz @ mistake by the lake 

Post#41 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:30 pm

closg00 wrote:We are overdue for a beat-down at the hands of the Cavs, so that's what I'm expecting. The X-factor here is Gilbert, does he play and if-so, he's due for a hot shooting night.

Not sure how we can be due for "hot shooting" from Gil AND a "beat-down" from CLE (which I assume means double figure loss) in the same game. It's going to be one or the other and I'm picking Gil. I think he goes for 30+ and the Wiz shock the Cavs in their own building.

I think this team is anxious to prove that EG didn't make a mistake by keeping them together. And if they can win tonight, I might get excited enough to start believing that myself.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,542

Post#42 » by closg00 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:24 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
closg00 wrote:We are overdue for a beat-down at the hands of the Cavs, so that's what I'm expecting. The X-factor here is Gilbert, does he play and if-so, he's due for a hot shooting night.

Not sure how we can be due for "hot shooting" from Gil AND a "beat-down" from CLE (which I assume means double figure loss) in the same game. It's going to be one or the other and I'm picking Gil. I think he goes for 30+ and the Wiz shock the Cavs in their own building.

I think this team is anxious to prove that EG didn't make a mistake by keeping them together. And if they can win tonight, I might get excited enough to start believing that myself.

Beatdown if Gilbert doesn't play. A loss if even if Gilbert does play.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,633

Post#43 » by pancakes3 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 5:18 pm

gil's probably not due for a "hot shooting" night until late November
Bullets -> Wizards
Heyvoon24
Pro Prospect
And1: 18

Post#44 » by Heyvoon24 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 5:47 pm

Lets go Wizards!
Beat who?
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#45 » by fishercob » Wed Apr 8, 2009 7:14 pm

Mike Lee says no Gil tonight.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#46 » by WizBiz » Wed Apr 8, 2009 7:27 pm

Lame. Maybe he's happy with his 1 win over Cleveland and doesn't wanna screw that up.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#47 » by FreeBalling » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:00 pm

[quote="Chocolate City Jordanaire"][quote="closg00"]
I'm also expecting a beatdown.

Come on beat down, we got Haywood and Gil back. Gil goes off when he's out of town. I hope Gil goes Kobe and drops 60 on the CRAB Dude.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 379

Post#48 » by Benjammin » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:01 pm

FreeBalling wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
closg00 wrote:
I'm also expecting a beatdown.

Come on beat down, we got Haywood and Gil back. Gil goes off when he's out of town. I hope Gil goes Kobe and drops 60 on the CRAB Dude.

Uh, Gil's not playing, according to Michael Lee. You never know with Gil, but it's probably going to be hard for him to drop 60 from the bench.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,115

Post#49 » by Dat2U » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:06 pm

I'm sooo **** pissed right now at Gil. I put $100 on the Wizards +15. ****! Damn dude, stop being such a **** flip flop!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#50 » by miller31time » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:12 pm

Dat2U wrote:I'm sooo **** pissed right now at Gil. I put $100 on the Wizards +15. ****! Damn dude, stop being such a **** flip flop!

It's getting really annoying.

The question is this - is Gil sitting for tanking purposes or is there more to this knee injury than those not "in" with the organization are privy to?

It better be the 1st option...
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#51 » by BigA » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:13 pm

This is about tanking. I have no problem with it. If the Clippers win vs. the Kings Friday night, then he can play 4/13 vs. Toronto and that will be it. There's no reason throw him into a game that really means something to the other team on its floor at this point.

Sorry Dat. Maybe they'll beat the spread.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#52 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:20 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:Dude, we´re reacting to what you guys are saying on yall forum... Like pushin people down an escalator and stuff...

Hmmmm... I wonder why we would start a flame war with you guys... I have no clue...

DaRealHibachi wrote:It looks like insecurity issues to me, yall know that yall might lose this one... You guys may be clueless, so let me explain it for ya...

We don't have sh*t to play for, if we lose, all will be forgotten coming playoff time... You guys are playing for HCA, which may cause you your championship...

If y'all lose this one, damn... Y'all may just go down in history as the most pathetic #1 seeded team in history...

Imagine... Losing against an beatup, far from 100% squad at a place where y'all only lost 1 game this year... Also going for HCA... And you guys got LEBRON JAMES!!!! THE KING!!!! You do the math buddy...

Ok I might be considered slow... But can someone tell me what did this have to do regarding my last post?
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#53 » by MJG » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:21 pm

It's simple: assume Arenas isn't playing until you see him on the court. I mean, why do people continue to expect him to play in game X or Y?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#54 » by miller31time » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:23 pm

MJG wrote:It's simple: assume Arenas isn't playing until you see him on the court. I mean, why do people continue to expect him to play in game X or Y?

Because he explicitly said he would.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,976

Post#55 » by picc » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm counting on you guys tonight. I'm a laker fan but I live in DC so I root for the Wiz by default. Went to game 6 last year at the verizon center and had a major letdown, but I know you guys can win in Cleveland. Hope Gil is rested and ready!
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#56 » by FreeBalling » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:29 pm

miller31time wrote:
MJG wrote:It's simple: assume Arenas isn't playing until you see him on the court. I mean, why do people continue to expect him to play in game X or Y?

Because he explicitly said he would.

You beat me to it.

+1
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#57 » by JWizmentality » Wed Apr 8, 2009 9:00 pm

What, Gil aint playing? **** that ****. I aint watchin.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,014

Post#58 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 8, 2009 9:32 pm

All I have to say is I wish I could pull up the old posts from right before Gil re-signed.

I said he knew his body was breaking down and that it would be foolish to re-sign him for a lot of money, especially since he had not demonstrated that he was healthy.

He's got 5 more years and around 90 Mil coming from Abe's pockets.

Dat, I dropped Arenas from my fantasy team this week, but foolishly fell out of first place last week with him on my roster. No way would I have put any money on him, but I was really starting to pull for him again.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,542

Post#59 » by closg00 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 10:11 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:All I have to say is I wish I could pull up the old posts from right before Gil re-signed.

I said he knew his body was breaking down and that it would be foolish to re-sign him for a lot of money, especially since he had not demonstrated that he was healthy.

He's got 5 more years and around 90 Mil coming from Abe's pockets.

Dat, I dropped Arenas from my fantasy team this week, but foolishly fell out of first place last week with him on my roster. No way would I have put any money on him, but I was really starting to pull for him again.

I demand Ernie Grunfelds head on a stake at the Verizon center if it becomes apparent that Gilbert damaged goods.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#60 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Apr 8, 2009 10:23 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:
DaRealHibachi wrote:Dude, we´re reacting to what you guys are saying on yall forum... Like pushin people down an escalator and stuff...

Hmmmm... I wonder why we would start a flame war with you guys... I have no clue...

DaRealHibachi wrote:It looks like insecurity issues to me, yall know that yall might lose this one... You guys may be clueless, so let me explain it for ya...
We don't have sh*t to play for, if we lose, all will be forgotten coming playoff time... You guys are playing for HCA, which may cause you your championship...

If y'all lose this one, damn... Y'all may just go down in history as the most pathetic #1 seeded team in history...

Imagine... Losing against an beatup, far from 100% squad at a place where y'all only lost 1 game this year... Also going for HCA... And you guys got LEBRON JAMES!!!! THE KING!!!! You do the math buddy...

Ok I might be considered slow... But can someone tell me what did this have to do regarding my last post?

Slow you are indeed... Read the bolded part... Insecurity...

Remind me again why I expect reading comprehension skills from a Cavs fan...
:beer: Magnumt

Return to Washington Wizards