ImageImageImageImageImage

What Should the Wizards Should Do with the 5th Pick?

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

What Should the Wizards Should Do with the 5th Pick?

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2009 2:07 am

A. Trade the pick
46%
B. Draft Best Player Available (No preference)
5%
C. Draft Evans
10%
D. Draft Harden
16%
E. Draft Curry
7%
F. Draft DEJUAN BLAIR (CCJ's Advice)
3%
G. Draft Hill
8%
H. Draft ___________ (Your preference)
6%

Total votes: 106

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: What Should the Wizards Should Do with the 5th Pick? 

Post#501 » by hands11 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:59 am

1 - Any evaluation of CB based on last years numbers is a waste of time. It was his first year playing SG is a long long time and we had no center to back up anyone and no PG to speak of and we were running a EJ Defense if there is such a thing.

2 - With no PG to speak of last year CB was trying to do way more then he would normally try to do which made him less efficient on offense as well as D.

At least go to the previous year for numbers. I have no idea if they will look better or not but at least they will be from him playing in context of a more complete team.

As for all the AJ agreements. They are kind of pointless at this point. I bashed AJ 4 years ago when I saw the poor defense. There was a time that we could have addressed moving him. That time has passed for now. He will be here next year. He actually has been showing more effort of D so I have less of an issue with him. Lets hope the scheme will help the team as a whole because in the NBA, team defense is what counts.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,140

Post#502 » by bstein14 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Prince struggles with big physical SFs.

He defends Kobe as good as anyone in the NBA. He uses his size/length to make Kobe's shots more difficult.

But Prince is skinny and Lebron largely just overpowers him...

The same way Billups overpowers many PG's.

Playing Lebron 4 times a year doesn't help his efg.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#503 » by yungal07 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Gizzardsdynasty...even Pistons fans are saying that butler >>> prince. are you done with your idiocy yet or do you want to get chumped even more than you already do?
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#504 » by WizarDynasty » Tue May 26, 2009 8:28 pm

yungal07 wrote:Gizzardsdynasty...even Pistons fans are saying that butler >>> prince. are you done with your idiocy yet or do you want to get chumped even more than you already do?

Have no clue about basketball...dumbgal07..don't even deserve a response unless you figure out ho w to use stats...which i know you are not smart of enough to create tables...(so post some stat tables in your next post to back up your claim or begone...waste of time trying to teach non-wizard think tank types. So post a table with some stats that related to your point if you want a response.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
yungal07
Banned User

Post#505 » by yungal07 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:37 pm

WizarDynasty wrote:
yungal07 wrote:Gizzardsdynasty...even Pistons fans are saying that butler >>> prince. are you done with your idiocy yet or do you want to get chumped even more than you already do?

Have no clue about basketball...dumbgal07..don't even deserve a response unless you figure out ho w to use stats...which i know you are not smart of enough to create tables...begone.

lol at you questioning my statistical knowledge....you can barely read and write at a 2nd grade level you imbecile.

and your thread on the pistons board = you getting owned. again. for like 5,223 time.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#506 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:55 pm

Who the hell cares about those numbers anyway? Seriously WizDynasty the stuff you put up is ridiculous like your sig, its played on the court.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#507 » by no D in Hibachi » Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm

Better watch out guys, WD is a self-proclaimed heavy weight, you can't expect to tussle with him and escape cleanly.
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#508 » by WizarDynasty » Tue May 26, 2009 10:05 pm

AgentOvechkin08 wrote:Who the hell cares about those numbers anyway? Seriously WizDynasty the stuff you put up is ridiculous like your sig, its played on the court.

SMH, this aint pick up basketball buddy. Basketball in NBA is a strategic numbers game. If you have failed to realize that..well..there is nothing i can do to help you and the numbers my friend, allow smart people to make intelligent decisions.
You guys amaze me sometimes...its played on the court..as if basketball performance over 82 games can't be measured..or that there isn't serious strategy in basketball. But just know that my post aren't aimed at you so don't worry if you don't get it. The right person understands it when he sees it.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
yungal07
Banned User

Post#509 » by yungal07 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 pm

no D in Hibachi wrote:Better watch out guys, WD is a self-proclaimed heavy weight, you can't expect to tussle with him and escape cleanly.

This is how I feel when I have the displeasure of seeing a WD post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfc ... PL&index=1
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#510 » by DaRealHibachi » Tue May 26, 2009 10:43 pm

yungal07 wrote:
no D in Hibachi wrote:Better watch out guys, WD is a self-proclaimed heavy weight, you can't expect to tussle with him and escape cleanly.

This is how I feel when I have the displeasure of seeing a WD post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfc ... PL&index=1

Oh snap... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do Youtube clips count as HOF worthy material...???
:beer: Magnumt
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#511 » by sfam » Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 pm

pancakes3 wrote:lastly, and repeatedly...

please offer some resolutions instead of screaming at the idiocy of others. presenting a fact that Jamison's bad defensively is only half the battle. coming up with a trade scenario that others can agree with is the other half.

I just wanted to repeat this part of the post. I was sort of thinking this thread was to discuss what the Wizards should do with the 5th pick. I'm really not interested in hearing Jr. High put-downs towards other posters - but if some feel forced to engage in silly slimes, can they at least include viable trade scenarios involving the 5th pick in the draft? In short, I think the "Jamison is no better than a loaf of bread argument" has probably reached its maximal value at this point.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#512 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 pm

yungal07 wrote:

:rofl2:
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
hands11
Banned User

Post#513 » by hands11 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 am

Wow. Now that was pretty dame funny.

But I can't pile on. It's not in my nature. I'm sure WD is a decent dude and knows a good bit about ball.

There are plenty of people here who bring it strong but who are mostly wrong. You just have to look for the gem of the idea. It takes a little digging through the crap and then shining it up but there us usually something there if you look. It's how you assemble those gems that give one a unique insightful vision. The facts are all there. Wisdom comes from what you do with the facts.

If you don't find that to be true, just read through the trade thread. God.. talk about just tossing out ideas regardless of what is viable, makes any sense or is likely to happen. But hey, I just figure those people have fun doing that so more power to them. There is some real knowledge of the players in this league from those people. I'm sure there is a gem in there somewhere.
So I use that knowledge instead of trying to replicate it. Everyone doesn't know everything. I man needs to know his strength and limitations.

We'll, WD has a few gems also. Lateral burst speed is a nice thing to have. If you don't believe it, ask AJ. He would love to have it. I'm sure there is something to the bow legged thing also. Hard to argue with physics. Long arms are nice also.

But the one thing none of this measures after all that good stuff is the brain. Sure, IQ tests can do some of that but I mean the commitment, focus, desire, maturity part of the brain. And behind that is also how strong a person Psyche is ( see Kwame - thin/fragile psyche). It's a more difficult thing to project. It's the fight in the dog thing. Some players have it while other can grow into it given the right situation and time (Pippen). It's something DMAC and CB have that we question if Blatche or Nick will. But to be fair, it was something that wasn't as obvious in Haywood but he has grown into it. Personally, I believed Haywood would get there but many didn't. They wanted him gone. Had he been moved around from team to team, he may never have gotten there. This happens all the time. There is a ton of talent that goes wasted because players are brought along in the best way because of circumstances ( salaries, changed coaches, etc )

It's something you already see in Rubio's eyes.

So to me, it's using the stats, etc along with this more difficult thing to measure along with salaries and knowing when to do what, that makes being a GM such a challenge and it's even tougher if you don't have a great owner.
hands11
Banned User

Post#514 » by hands11 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 am

sfam wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:lastly, and repeatedly...

please offer some resolutions instead of screaming at the idiocy of others. presenting a fact that Jamison's bad defensively is only half the battle. coming up with a trade scenario that others can agree with is the other half.

I just wanted to repeat this part of the post. I was sort of thinking this thread was to discuss what the Wizards should do with the 5th pick. I'm really not interested in hearing Jr. High put-downs towards other posters - but if some feel forced to engage in silly slimes, can they at least include viable trade scenarios involving the 5th pick in the draft? In short, I think the "Jamison is no better than a loaf of bread argument" has probably reached its maximal value at this point.

+1
Pollinator
Pro Prospect

Post#515 » by Pollinator » Wed May 27, 2009 2:26 am

Per Chad Ford's latest chat, Blair measured out at 6-7 1/4 in shoes, 7-2 wingspan, 33 inch 1-step vertical. Not sure what this means exactly, but probably that he's a lottery pick at this point.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#516 » by Ji » Wed May 27, 2009 2:29 am

draft express new mock...major changes

1. Griffen
2. Thabeet
3. Harden!
4. Rubio
5. Jordan Hills
6. Evans(highest Ive seen him on any mock)
hands11
Banned User

Post#517 » by hands11 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:04 am

Ji wrote:draft express new mock...major changes

1. Griffen
2. Thabeet
3. Harden!
4. Rubio
5. Jordan Hills

So could Rubio actually drop to 5. If he did, should we take him?

I really like the idea of Rubio. I just don't know if he has a future on this team if GA is our PG. I think we may need someone with more strength. Maybe I'm wrong and he would be ok running with Nick, Blatche, DMAC and McGee cuz he can feed them for easy finishes in transition.

I even like Curry but again, not sure if we can afford to had a thin player. Maybe Hill is actually the right choice for us. It's just hard to figure it out this year. Last year it was easier to pick McGee or Hibbert as the right move.

I guess things will shack out as we get better information on these players.
Ji
Banned User

Post#518 » by Ji » Wed May 27, 2009 4:07 am

hands11 wrote:

1. Griffen
2. Thabeet
3. Harden!
4. Rubio
5. Jordan Hills

I really like the idea of Rubio. I just don't know if he has a future on this team if GA is our PG. I think we may need someone with more strength. Maybe I'm wrong and he would be ok running with Nick, Blatche, DMAC and McGee cuz he can feed them for easy finishes in transition.

I even like Curry but again, not sure if we can afford to had a thin player. Maybe Hill is actually the right choice for us. It's just hard to figure it out this year. Last year it was easier to pick McGee or Hibbert as the right move.

I guess things will shack out as we get better information on these players.

I really doubt Sacramento would pass him up. 4 is as far as he could drop and lucky us...we pick 5
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#519 » by MJG » Wed May 27, 2009 4:09 am

hands11 wrote:

1. Griffen
2. Thabeet
3. Harden!
4. Rubio
5. Jordan Hills

There is a 0% chance Sacramento doesn't take him if he's still on the board at the 4th spot.
Ji
Banned User

Post#520 » by Ji » Wed May 27, 2009 4:14 am

Rubio is not dropping to 4 guys because OKC would make a trade at 3 and move down to 5 where they could still get someone like Jordan Hill or Harden.

He is probably going at 3 and it could be to the wizards

Return to Washington Wizards