ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,381

Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!) 

Post#1 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:01 pm

mhd wrote:CCJ, Battie can be traded by himself immediatly. He is not allowed to be traded with another player for two months. The Nets actually would probably do a James for Battie swap without the 32. The Nets need a backup PG, and they have Boone and Lopez at Center, along with Williams and Yi at PF.

I'd trade James + #32 for Battie without hesitation. Battie is a pretty good role playing big man. He can play center and he has a pretty good 18-foot jumper. Indeed, he'd be the kind of guy that we could use to counter Shaq. Battie could draw Shaq out of the paint and has the size to at least get in his way on defense. If nothing else, he's 6 extra fouls to throw at Shaq.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Re: Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!) 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:04 pm

mohammed10 wrote:GMEG blew his wad too early. We could have had a better package than what we got.

I have to admit that after seeing the Spurs get RJ for nothing and now Orlando get VC for scraps, I am having a bit of what feels like buyer's remorse. Not that I don't like Miller/Foye and think they can help us, but I wonder what else could potentially be out there. But it's more curiosity than anything else. I still like what the Wiz did.

We also can't assume that Ernie is done. Maybe he's all set to package James+Young+DeBrick for Rip Hamilton or something like that.

Haywood/McGee
Jamison/Blatche
Butler/Miller
Hamilton/Miller
Arenas/Foye

That IMO would put us at #2 in the East behind Orlando. Abe would be a big taxpayer but with other teams in the East upping the ante, maybe he'll step up.
Pitbull
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#3 » by Pitbull » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, if you're to believe Ernie, he was just on SportsTalk980 all but saying they'd be kicking their feet up tonight. Could be a smokescreen, but he indicated they might try to pick up a serviceable vet forward....

... unless the right opportunity presents itself.

Once again, the master of saying nothing... Says nothing... And I'd rather have it no other way.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,381

Post#4 » by nate33 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 pm

Hmmm. Not sure NJ wants another mediocre PG. They already have Alston and Dooling to play behind Devin Harris
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#5 » by mohammed10 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Pitbull wrote:Well, if you're to believe Ernie, he was just on SportsTalk980 all but saying they'd be kicking their feet up tonight. Could be a smokescreen, but he indicated they might try to pick up a serviceable vet forward....

... unless the right opportunity presents itself.

Once again, the master of saying nothing... Says nothing... And I'd rather have it no other way.

Pit- Don't know if I agree with that. Saying nothing often means that EG is doing nothing (what's the old adage - where there's smoke, there's fire?)

I would appreciate GMEG at least putting us on the trade/free agency map a la Danny Ferry in Cleveland. Give the fans the idea that he's TRYING to make the team better.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Ji » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 pm

Ernie has to go

he is too old school and not shrewd enough to make the trades to get us big time players without giving up assests. Look how cheap Orlando was able to get Vince...we had to give up a 5th to get Toye and Miller

and now it looks like GS is going to get Amare for their 7th and garbage
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#7 » by mhd » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Ji wrote:Ernie has to go

he is too old school and not shrewd enough to make the trades to get us big time players without giving up assests. Look how cheap Orlando was able to get Vince...we had to give up a 5th to get Toye and Miller

We didn't have a Biedrins to give Phoenix. We also were not trading Butler with the uncertainty of Amare likely bolting to NYC.
Ji
Banned User

Post#8 » by Ji » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 pm

mhd wrote:

We didn't have a Biedrins to give Phoenix. We also were not trading Butler with the uncertainty of Amare likely bolting to NYC.

sometimes you got to take a risk....if it fails...you start over....this team needs to get out of this 40-48 win cycle
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by mohammed10 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Ji wrote:[

sometimes you got to take a risk....if it fails...you start over....this team needs to get out of this 40-48 win cycle

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

:thumbsup:

WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#10 » by WashWiz54 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Have you seen Biedrins play? He's far from garbage. VC was unobtainable because we couldn't pay him, Jamison, Butler and Haywood next off-season. I'd much rather have Nick Young and Haywood as opposed to VC and unknown.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by mohammed10 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 pm

WashWiz54 wrote:
Have you seen Biedrins play? He's far from garbage. VC was unobtainable because we couldn't pay him, Jamison, Butler and Haywood next off-season. I'd much rather have Nick Young and Haywood as opposed to VC and unknown.

WashWiz- Sometimes you have to be a risk-taker, a gambler or dare I say, a high roller. Butler for Amare would have been a high risk, high reward (ie - ballsy) move that is needed to infuse some high level talent here.

40-46 wins just isn't going to cut it anymore

rl25g
Junior
And1: 30

Post#12 » by rl25g » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:42 am

With T-Mac likely out next year do you think that the Wiz could trade D. Stevenson for Brian Cook (expiring)???? We could have Cook and draft another Big in the 2nd round to shore up the front court depth. Also the expiring of cook would help retain Haywood/Miller/Foye next year.
barelyawake
Head Coach
And1: 665

Post#13 » by barelyawake » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:59 am

So, after being told over and over again for two days that "Bosh and Amare obviously weren't available" to justify us not trading the fifth for him, now suddenly Amare's being traded. Sigh... I don't care that much about Amare, but I'll get damn pissed if Bosh gets traded.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#14 » by yungal07 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:06 am

barelyawake wrote:So, after being told over and over again for two days that "Bosh and Amare obviously weren't available" to justify us not trading the fifth for him, now suddenly Amare's being traded. Sigh... I don't care that much about Amare, but I'll get damn pissed if Bosh gets traded.

Biedrins + Curry is better than any package that I'd be willing to part with. Amare's **** up eye and bad knee is not worth Butler + 5.

That's ridiculous value and Golden State is about to get raped.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#15 » by miller31time » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:10 am

yungal07 wrote:
barelyawake wrote:So, after being told over and over again for two days that "Bosh and Amare obviously weren't available" to justify us not trading the fifth for him, now suddenly Amare's being traded. Sigh... I don't care that much about Amare, but I'll get damn pissed if Bosh gets traded.

Biedrins + Curry is better than any package that I'd be willing to part with. Amare's **** up eye and bad knee is not worth Butler + 5.

That's ridiculous value and Golden State is about to get raped.

You have to be kidding me. Golden State is about to get raped?

Biedrins puts up high rebounding numbers but he isn't a good defender nor is he a legitimate post threat. His value is equal to or lower than that of Haywood's. Wright and Belinelli have been unequivocal busts. Azibuike is an average, run of the mill guard.

And they're getting back one of the most dominant offensive forces in the NBA who still happens to be pretty young. The eye injury is being overblown and is a means to somehow make ourselves feel better we aren't getting Amare, IMO.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,691

Post#16 » by penbeast0 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:02 am

All the love here for Sergio Rodriquez before the draft . . . and they dump him for a 2nd rounder? sheesh
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by mohammed10 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:03 am

Trade Ernie Grunfeld for a bag of 3 day old chips

Ji
Banned User

Post#18 » by Ji » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:24 am

penbeast0 wrote:All the love here for Sergio Rodriquez before the draft . . . and they dump him for a 2nd rounder? sheesh

dude..your thinking of Rudy Fernandez
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#19 » by sashae » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:02 am

How much cash is allowed to be applied to a trade to make the cap numbers work?
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#20 » by MJG » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 am

sashae wrote:How much cash is allowed to be applied to a trade to make the cap numbers work?

$0. Cash is like a sweetener, the cherry on top of a deal, and doesn't actually count towards matching salaries.

Return to Washington Wizards