ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Pradamaster
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!) 

Post#1461 » by Pradamaster » Mon Dec 7, 2009 10:43 pm

Slinky O wrote:Oh I agree it would be a bad deal for you, but I'm just saying it is something that I could see your management doing..... What if NY slapped a 1st rounder into the deal or cash consideration?

New York doesn't have a first-round pick. Utah has it.
Bullets Forever webmaster.

www.bulletsforever.com
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1462 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Dec 7, 2009 11:12 pm

Pradamaster wrote:
Slinky O wrote:Oh I agree it would be a bad deal for you, but I'm just saying it is something that I could see your management doing..... What if NY slapped a 1st rounder into the deal or cash consideration?

New York doesn't have a first-round pick. Utah has it.

I said a first round pick, i didn't say the 2010 first rounder. If you could get NY 2011 pick and they stay on track and don't get any 2010 max free agents, you wouldn't take that pick in a Jeffries deal? And I say it is something I could see your team doing in light of their recent "win now" approach in getting players like Miller and Foye and from my impression that I thought Ernie wanted to keep Jeffries a few years ago but I'm not a Wiz fan and don't truly know, so please don't jump on my back, I was merely inquiring to see what you guys thought of that rumor so I came to ask actual Wiz fans instead of just listening to the Knicks fan bias side of the deal and being uninformed to your stance on it and see what you guys would need to get it done.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,064

Post#1463 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 8, 2009 12:51 am

Another cockamamy Jarred Jeffries trade fart.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#1464 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:44 am

outside of Bosh what would you want for Butler?
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
SVThawk
Sophomore

Post#1465 » by SVThawk » Tue Dec 8, 2009 4:59 am

Kings fan here... We need a defensive 3rd big... so I pose this

1) What are your thoughts on JaVale McGee?

2) What would it take to grab McGree or even Blatche?

3) What are the needs of the Wizards team?
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1466 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:10 am

Rapsobsessed7,
Honestly, I don't think there are any Raptors packages that work. You guys already traded your first round pick to the Heat and there's not much in the way of younger upside players on the Raptors that would fit for the Wiz. Anyway, how are you going to play Turkey-Glue and Buitler together?

SVThawk,
Were we to get rid of Blatche or Mcgee, our primary need would be young bigs with upside. So not much point in trading them.

Edit: I'm not nearly emphatic enough here. We ain't tradin' Blatche or McGee. Period.
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#1467 » by Ed Wood » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:15 am

SVThawk wrote:Kings fan here... We need a defensive 3rd big... so I pose this

1) What are your thoughts on JaVale McGee?

2) What would it take to grab McGree or even Blatche?

3) What are the needs of the Wizards team?

Well McGee and Blatche are two of the more well liked players on the Wizards roster in that both are young, inexpensive, talented, and capable of playing a significant role on the next successful Wizards team regardless of the route the organization takes to that end. Blatche is clearly more capable currently and is signed to one of the best non-rookie contracts in the NBA, while McGee is unquestionably the more physically talented of the two and potentially an incredibly impactful player. He's also not actually currently a good defensive player, though we do all have very high hopes for him. There is an argument to be made that he is the most physically gifted player at his height in basketball. Last year he put up a PER of 17+ effectively based purely upon physical talent because he had no idea what he was doing on the court.

To that end there's really no reasonable route towards their acquisition for Sacramento. Washington isn't doing anything to suggest that it can be viewed as a potential immediate contender and so isn't looking to move its youth for veterans and Sacramento's depth of prospects at the wing is nice, but neither Greene nor Casspi is likely sufficient individually and the logistics of sweetening an offer are either dubious or unappealing on Sacramento's end.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,969

Post#1468 » by Optms » Tue Dec 8, 2009 5:25 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:outside of Bosh what would you want for Butler?

If I were Washington, I would do something along the lines such as:

Butler
Stevenson
2nd

For

Bargnani
DeRozan
Johnson

I doubt Toronto does this deal, however for Washington, things don't look good for this team to begin with, this season has been a real mess so, they take a chance and I think this would be a great deal for them. They break off EG's beloved "big 3" with some real change and advocate Bargnani's game for the next few years while adding an exciting young player that they could have had originally in DeRozan. They instantly add some incentive for fans to the team for now and the long term future.
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#1469 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 8, 2009 6:15 am

Aside from being an awful deal for Washington, just how are things looking much better for Toronto?

Even assuming Washington doesn't resign Haywood, Bargnani would be completely superfluous on this roster with McGee and Blatche in the fold. As for Derozan, I fail to see what he brings to the table compared to Nick Young.
omegatronic3
Junior
And1: 5

Post#1470 » by omegatronic3 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 7:00 am

we have enough assets to make a big trade...but im not sure what we could do to help us this year.
What we need is better versions of what we already have..a pure pg, a sf with length
Mike James alone won't get diddly

Bottom line is this team depends on Arenas plaing lke Arenas
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,969

Post#1471 » by Optms » Tue Dec 8, 2009 7:34 am

hermitkid wrote:Aside from being an awful deal for Washington, just how are things looking much better for Toronto?

Even assuming Washington doesn't resign Haywood, Bargnani would be completely superfluous on this roster with McGee and Blatche in the fold. As for Derozan, I fail to see what he brings to the table compared to Nick Young.

Its an idea. Not the best trade offer they can receive for Butler but most certainly the best from Toronto without including Bosh in the mix. Keep in mind this is the same team that turned down the acquisition for Stoudemire because Butler was asked to be included. Look how that's turned out for Washington. Think most fans wish they could go back and re-do that?

As for Bargnani, Washington would get a younger player back who can score from the perimeter and could probably benefit from Flip's system. I highly doubt Haywood resigns with this team so getting back a lock of a center to play there next season with McGee backing him up wouldn't be so bad rather than getting nothing for Haywood. Or perhaps play him at the 4 and bring Jamison off the bench as his game improves and AJ's game declines. Or better yet, move AJ to the 3. Washington's offense isn't exactly stellar as most thought it would be also so they could use the scoring. I don't know if you've watched DeRozan play but he already is just as good and probably even better then Nick Young will ever be. The guy has the tools to be a pretty decent defender and a good 16 to 20 ppg scorer in a couple years. Nick Young's basketball IQ is laughable. His defense is pathetic and placing bets on his confidence to determine whether he'll have a good game is pretty sad. Like I've mentioned, though. Just an idea with some potential star players coming back to Washington and most noticeably some change. This Washington club looks a mess right now, and I don't see how this could be any worse then what has already transacted here in the early NBA season for this club.

Edit: I doubt Toronto does this deal but that team is also a big mess. Bosh and AB don't really compliment each other's game. It's a stretch if they really covet Butler as much as we would believe.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#1472 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Dec 8, 2009 8:34 am

Optms wrote:Its an idea. Not the best trade offer they can receive for Butler but most certainly the best from Toronto without including Bosh in the mix. Keep in mind this is the same team that turned down the acquisition for Stoudemire because Butler was asked to be included. Look how that's turned out for Washington. Think most fans wish they could go back and re-do that?

I don't wish we redid that actually. We'd be a bad team with an expiring Amare and I wouldn't want us to try and resign him. That dude is a risky free agent signing due to injuries and 'the Phoenix Effect'; great talent but i wouldn't touch him with a max contract coming. He's great flashing to the basket, but not everyone can hit him on those like Steve Nash.

Optms wrote:As for Bargnani, Washington would get a younger player back who can score from the perimeter and could probably benefit from Flip's system. I highly doubt Haywood resigns with this team so getting back a lock of a center to play there next season with McGee backing him up wouldn't be so bad rather than getting nothing for Haywood. Or perhaps play him at the 4 and bring Jamison off the bench as his game improves and AJ's game declines. Or better yet, move AJ to the 3. Washington's offense isn't exactly stellar as most thought it would be also so they could use the scoring. I don't know if you've watched DeRozan play but he already is just as good and probably even better then Nick Young will ever be. The guy has the tools to be a pretty decent defender and a good 16 to 20 ppg scorer in a couple years. Nick Young's basketball IQ is laughable. His defense is pathetic and placing bets on his confidence to determine whether he'll have a good game is pretty sad. Like I've mentioned, though. Just an idea with some potential star players coming back to Washington and most noticeably some change. This Washington club looks a mess right now, and I don't see how this could be any worse then what has already transacted here in the early NBA season for this club.

Edit: I doubt Toronto does this deal but that team is also a big mess. Bosh and AB don't really compliment each other's game. It's a stretch if they really covet Butler as much as we would believe.

No question that your deal has a lot of value coming back (too much from Toronto's perspective), but it's just a bad fit as Hermit mentioned due to certain similarities between our Young Bigs and Andrea; not to mention Haywood would be a step closer to leaving town.

Honestly, if we have a front court tandem of Blatche and Mcgee, we need to complement them with a hard-fouling mud-dog, not the Italian version of a boy named Sue (and i say that from the perspective of one who likes his game). We would be cataclysmic on the boards with those three guys. And we'd be locking into a really big and really long contract.

Young has shown a lot of growth of late. He's just some good habits away from being a fairly decent starter. If we need to upgrade there though, you can hardly go into a draft without tripping over 2-guards. The idea of developing DeRozen and Young at the same time is not sounding real good. So if Young's not the guy, better we get started on a new scoring guard after that's already been made clear.

Our talent would theoretically upgrade, but we would have an even more confused lineup than we do already.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#1473 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Dec 8, 2009 8:38 am

Oh by the way,

Time to lock this momma down! We're right at triple digits!

IBTL

Dare I start the 'Official Trade thread X' and see my name immortalized at the top of the page with a stickied thread?

No. No, I dare not.

If we picked up Zach Randolph it would likely be all my fault.
lupin
Sixth Man

Post#1474 » by lupin » Tue Dec 8, 2009 11:57 am

can we push this to the mythological 100 page barrier?
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
lupin
Sixth Man

Post#1475 » by lupin » Tue Dec 8, 2009 11:58 am

how about this one? :)

IBTL. Don't get to do this too often.
------------------------------
New RealGM :: New Coke :: is the suck.
queridiculo
RealGM

Post#1476 » by queridiculo » Tue Dec 8, 2009 2:51 pm

One upped.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#1477 » by closg00 » Tue Dec 8, 2009 3:01 pm

IBTL, Miller is a hard-lock at 100 pages.

Return to Washington Wizards