ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Official Trade Thread IX (Visitors Post Trades HERE!) 

Post#361 » by yungal07 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:00 am

LyricalRico wrote:^ I really don't see NOH trading young assets for an older player with a longer contract. Even if you included Posey instead of Chandler they still wouldn't do it because West's contract decreases over time, making it a salary wash.

Yea, but they get out of Chandler's contract immediately. They are desperate to dump salary right now. It must be a bad situation if Chris Paul of all people think he's on the trade block.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#362 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:14 am

Oh, you mean because Mobley's deal is being paid by insurance. True, but they are still increasing their longterm payroll while downgrading to an older player. I'd have to think there are other ways for them to get out of Chandler's deal while keeping West.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,409

Post#363 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:39 am

So whats everyone thoughts on a Tyrus Thomas for Blatche/Young deal (assuming Andray and Nick dont pan out this year)?

C Wood/McGee
PF Thomas/Jamison
SF Butler/Miller
SG McGuire/Foye/Deshawn
PG Gil/Foye/Critt
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#364 » by LyricalRico » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:22 am

Um...no. (Assuming Tyrus Thomas doesn't pan out this year.)
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#365 » by Hoopalotta » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:33 am

A bit belated, but....

As to Beasley at Small Forward, I realize he's not really a small forward, though with some seasoning, he could go at them on offense without a doubt. But I was just musing that maybe in Flip's Zone, he could play some minutes there better than he could in a traditional man scheme. This is a matter of assembling the legos in a way not explicitly mentioned on the box.

But I realize he isn't a three; in fact according to 82 games he basically never played at the three all year and there are no 'Five-Man Floor Units' that they have listed without an obvious small forward in there. He's an undersized face up four with the potential to assimilate lots of crafty, agile one on one moves or finish offense others create. I suppose it might hinder my cause to mention that he reminds a bit of, well, Jamison. Shhhhh.

Anyway, yes, it would not be a move you make for on-the-court payoff in 2010. But it seems like his stock is low and I'm a sucker for that.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,389

Post#366 » by doclinkin » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Hoopalotta wrote:A bit belated, but....

As to Beasley at Small Forward, I realize he's not really a small forward, though with some seasoning, he could go at them on offense without a doubt. But I was just musing that maybe in Flip's Zone, he could play some minutes there better than he could in a traditional man scheme. This is a matter of assembling the legos in a way not explicitly mentioned on the box.

But I realize he isn't a three; in fact according to 82 games he basically never played at the three all year and there are no 'Five-Man Floor Units' that they have listed without an obvious small forward in there. He's an undersized face up four with the potential to assimilate lots of crafty, agile one on one moves or finish offense others create. I suppose it might hinder my cause to mention that he reminds a bit of, well, Jamison. Shhhhh.

Anyway, yes, it would not be a move you make for on-the-court payoff in 2010. But it seems like his stock is low and I'm a sucker for that.

Beasely never featured as a SF in large part because Miami played small all year. Haslem ran heavy minutes at center. His stock was low until late in the season, but he came on strong and adjusted. In the playoffs he was playing wide to the perimeter. Reports suggest Beasley has been working on his SF game. I think ultimately that's where he makes his first allstar game.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#367 » by mohammed10 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 am

LyricalRico wrote:Um...no. (Assuming Tyrus Thomas doesn't pan out this year.)

:lol:

+1
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#368 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Mosca wrote:So whats everyone thoughts on a Tyrus Thomas for Blatche/Young deal (assuming Andray and Nick dont pan out this year)?

C Wood/McGee
PF Thomas/Jamison
SF Butler/Miller
SG McGuire/Foye/Deshawn
PG Gil/Foye/Critt

I haven't seen anything from Tyrus Thomas since he came into the league. If I'm not mistaken, Jamison>Thomas and Miller>McGuire, so the roster is off anyway. Go ahead and rip this post apart if Thomas becomes the All-Star that you think he's going to be, but I just don't see it. I think Nick Young has the same amount of potential to be better than Thomas, anyway.
19-13 on game threads
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#369 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:42 pm

I'm sorry if that sounded mean :)
19-13 on game threads
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#370 » by Da HomeTeam » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Antawn and Mike James for Amarie Stoudemire.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#371 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Da HomeTeam wrote:Antawn and Mike James for Amarie Stoudemire.

Earlier this summer most of us probably felt that the Suns wouldn't want Jamison's contract. Well, they just extended Nash for 2 more years, adding him to the list of guys on that team who have deals that last as long at Jamison's:

Nash
Barbosa
Lopez
Dragic

If this means that Kerr is looking at a 3-year window, it might mean he'd be agreeable to trading for Jamison. Even with Jamison on board they would still have anywhere from $7-10M available in 2010 depending on where the cap falls. Sounds like a Steve Kerr plan.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,377

Post#372 » by nate33 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Wow.

I made an offhand remark on a Minnesota trade thread that a Young + McGee for Love trade would make a lot of sense for both teams. The response was surprisingly positive. Multiple Minnesota fans would do it.

If we really want to make a serious run at a championship, that's the trade to make. Love gives us another physical big man who we can keep on the roster without salary problems until Jamison expires. And we won't have to wait for him to develop; he's a legit NBA starter already. Also the loss of Young opens up more backcourt minutes for defensive minded players like Stevenson and DMac.

This team can compete with anybody in the East:

PG Arenas/Foye
SG Miller/Foye
SF Butler/DMac
PF Jamison/Love
C Haywood/Blatche

Add a grizzled vet big man like Oberto and we're set. And the team is built to last. The only old guy is Jamison, who will eventually get replaced by Love.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#373 » by Ruzious » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Obviously, Love has defensive problems, but he's such a good team player on offense and already a top NBA rebounder that I'd do that trade.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
no D in Hibachi
Veteran

Post#374 » by no D in Hibachi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Maybe it's complete homorism, but I project Javele to be a better player than Love. In a league where you have to have a superstars to compete it doesn't necessarily matter if you have several good to potential all-star caliber players on your team. To win at a high level you need to have a legit bona fide superstar. McGee has the combination of skill/length/motor/size/explosiveness that he can be a superstar. I am really fond of KLove's game and think he would be a great second banana to a James/Kobe/Wade type player, however we don't have that type of player on this team, so he'd just add to the collection EG has assembled of boarder-line all-stars who get bounced in the playoffs by the Wades and Lebrons of the world.

Basically you sacrifice being a top 2-3 seed this year in hopes that you are a legit contender two years from now. I simply don't see the Wiz winning it all with the addition of Love because I don't think he's skilled enough to mask the deficiencies that this team has, however a superstar center could make this team a much better defensive team, provide a low-post threat offensively, a shot-blocking presence defensively and open the perimeter for the wings. Also, I think N1 will have a revival season this year and end up the starting 2-guard.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#375 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:43 pm

I like Love but there is NO WAY i trade Javale and Nick for him. He is songaila with better rebounding.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#376 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:46 pm

no D in Hibachi wrote:Maybe it's complete homorism, but I project Javele to be a better player than Love.

The key word in that statement is "project". I'm as high on McGee's potential as the next guy. But if you can get a guy like Love who is NBA ready and also still has loads of potential, I think you have to do it.
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#377 » by Da HomeTeam » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:36 am

LyricalRico wrote:
Da HomeTeam wrote:Antawn and Mike James for Amarie Stoudemire.

Earlier this summer most of us probably felt that the Suns wouldn't want Jamison's contract. Well, they just extended Nash for 2 more years, adding him to the list of guys on that team who have deals that last as long at Jamison's:

Nash
Barbosa
Lopez
Dragic

If this means that Kerr is looking at a 3-year window, it might mean he'd be agreeable to trading for Jamison. Even with Jamison on board they would still have anywhere from $7-10M available in 2010 depending on where the cap falls. Sounds like a Steve Kerr plan.

Yes. Jamison also gives them a veteran presence to team with Nash, JRich & Barbosa. And many of his defensive inadequacies could be masked. Also if Stoudemire doesn't plan to resign they'll get something for him.

Teamed wit Gil, Pick Your 2 Guard, Caron, and Brendan. We'd have a devastating offense. And at least an effective defense. Plus we maintain some flexibility to resign him after the season..should we choose to not resign Miller.

I'd take Amare over Kevin Love 11 out of 10 times.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#378 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:59 am

Da HomeTeam wrote:
Yes. Jamison also gives them a veteran presence to team with Nash, JRich & Barbosa. And many of his defensive inadequacies could be masked, because with so many terrible defenders around, Jamison can just blend right in. Also if Stoudemire doesn't plan to resign they'll get something for him.

Fixed.

My first fix, oh boy :wink:

Edit: Having said that, the premise does make sense with Jamison being a perfect weapon to play off of Nash.
forthepeople
Freshman

Post#379 » by forthepeople » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Interesting 3 team trade
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2009/7/21 ... utah-trade
Step 1:

Miami gets: CJ Miles (3.7 mil, 3 years)

Utah gets: MIA 2nd round pick, 3.7 mil in trade exception

Step 2:

Miami gets: Carlos Boozer (12.66 mil, 1 year), Kyrylo Fesenko (870K, 1 year)

Utah gets: Randy Foye (3.58 mil, 1 year), Andray Blatche (3 mil, 3 years), Mike James (6.47 mil, 1 year), WAS 2nd round pick

Washington gets: Michael Beasley (4.64 mil, 4 years), Mark Blount (7.96 mil, 1 year)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,377

Post#380 » by nate33 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:33 pm

forthepeople wrote:Interesting 3 team trade
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2009/7/21 ... utah-trade
Step 1:

Miami gets: CJ Miles (3.7 mil, 3 years)

Utah gets: MIA 2nd round pick, 3.7 mil in trade exception

Step 2:

Miami gets: Carlos Boozer (12.66 mil, 1 year), Kyrylo Fesenko (870K, 1 year)

Utah gets: Randy Foye (3.58 mil, 1 year), Andray Blatche (3 mil, 3 years), Mike James (6.47 mil, 1 year), WAS 2nd round pick

Washington gets: Michael Beasley (4.64 mil, 4 years), Mark Blount (7.96 mil, 1 year)

At first glance, I don't really care for this deal. However, if the assumption is that we only plan on keeping one of Foye/Miller, then maybe this deal makes sense. We would essentially be trading Blatche for Beasley.

Return to Washington Wizards