ImageImageImageImageImage

Wizard's Summer League (Las Vegas) (7/14)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Re: Wizard's Summer League (Las Vegas) (7/14) 

Post#421 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Sam's from the Old School, Dat. That's why I like him.

It's all about respect with him.
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#422 » by fishercob » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Dat2U wrote:Javale McGee was MIA his first two games and did an about face during his last two. I was actually more impressed with his 19 pt 7 blk effort against the Clips b/c of the competition he faced. Blake Griffin had trouble getting anything inside with Javale rotating over and challenging the shot. DeAndre Jordan got most of his points when Javale rotated off of him and didn't get any help.

Javale is just so long and athletic, he's an easy target for his teammates to find offensively. He doesn't need to score or create his own shot. He doesn't have to be terribly skilled. Because he's coordinated and has soft hands if he gets the ball anywhere near the rim he can simply drop it in the basket from many different angles.

The most impressive thing about Javale's performance the last two games was his defense. He was active and absolutely tremendous as a weak side defender rotating in to challenge any and every shot. He displayed great timing and didn't bite on too many pump fakes. It was the first time in his short career that he truly looked like a difference maker defensively. Sitting behind Pam McGee in one stretch I overheard someone talking to her about getting Javale to worry about defense & rebounding first and letting the scoring come to him and how that approach was really impacting his performance.

Javale over the course of the season will still be inconsistent but I still want him to gain the experience as the main backup at C. The Wizards do not need to sign a backup C to steal minutes away from him.

Javale had a nice, albeit up and down rookie season. When he's on the court with Gilbert, the two of them will be simply unstoppable in pick and rolls situations. Go under the screen and Gil will kill with that jumper all day. Chase Gil and he'll get into the lane for either an easy finish or an unstoppable lob to Javale. McGee is going to be a huge asset playing alongside guards that can actually create.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,396

Post#423 » by nate33 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Dat2U wrote:Hasheem Thabeet is who I thought he was. A complete and utter bust. A hyped up and turbo charged version of Saer Sene. What kills Thabeet is that he reacts too slowly to what's going on around him and he's not quick enough to make up for that. By the time he moves his body to challenge a shot or go for a rebound, the play has already happenned. He struggles to get any rebounds outside of his space. Teams can also attack him because he again is too slow to react to play in most cases.

Mr. Thabeet, the basketball you are playing is one of the most insanely pathetic things I have ever seen. At no point in your incompetent, uncoordinated performance did you even demonstrate anything close to an identifiable basketball fundamental. Everyone in this room is now a worse basketball player after having witnessed you in action. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,544

Post#424 » by closg00 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Great stuff Dat! I'll only add that I think we should let D-Mac expire. Sorry, love the guys effort, but I would prefer a more offensively versatile SF who can defend, and there should be plenty of guys available out there for the role.

Re: Another big taking minutes from McGee, I think we'll really need that extra body when the playoffs role around, you can bet on that.
MF23
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#425 » by MF23 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks Dat, you still haven't given details about the players party habits. Andre Snatch partying real shocker there.

I hope you got to see Blake Griffen dunk on the whole state of Navada on a follow up. That play was nasty.
Et tu Bilas.
MD
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#426 » by Dat2U » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:18 pm

MF23 wrote:Thanks Dat, you still haven't given details about the players party habits. Andre Snatch partying real shocker there.

I hope you got to see Blake Griffen dunk on the whole state of Navada on a follow up. That play was nasty.

Well actually I only saw two players partying. Dray & Javale on consecutive nights. Didn't see Nick this time around. I happenned to catch Dray and his boys getting out of the limo as they were getting ready to enter the Forum Shops area one night (Caesars Palace). I guess we know were his money was getting spent on.

I did happen to stand next to Haywood & Sean May while waiting for a taxi outside of Thomas & Mack Arena. I left them alone b/c they were in deep conversation about the typical NBA player stuff (women and who was screwing who) but I did hear Wood saying he was getting a table that night (I didn't hear which club) and that May would be there. Tyrese Rice then came up and asked Wood can he call him later and see what's up.

Wood is a complete jerk by the way. He and May jumped right in front of me and stole my cab. I was about to say something but thought better of it.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#427 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Wood hasn't changed, Dat.I came to the same conclusion you did when Pete Newell's was in Hawaii. Haywood was pretty unapproachable.

Aside from being a good player and a smart, funny-when-interviewed guy; but otherwise ... let me stop short of gossiping about Brendan besides what I've already said.
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#428 » by fishercob » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Wood hasn't changed, Dat.I came to the same conclusion you did when Pete Newell's was in Hawaii. Haywood was pretty unapproachable.

Aside from being a good player and a smart, funny-when-interviewed guy; but otherwise ... let me stop short of gossiping about Brendan besides what I've already said.

Kevin's used the term "punk" frequently in the past, but I think we're all misunderstanding the fact that Haywood only has eyes for his one true fan. You know who I'm talking about...

:love:
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,544

Post#429 » by closg00 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Hey Dat! Was May ripped? I saw a still image from a YouTube clip of his recent workout and he looked lean & mean...I guess we'll see.

Here is a fun read on a post SL look at the lottery picks.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9833 ... tery-picks
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#430 » by DaRealHibachi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:49 pm

nate33 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Hasheem Thabeet is who I thought he was. A complete and utter bust. A hyped up and turbo charged version of Saer Sene. What kills Thabeet is that he reacts too slowly to what's going on around him and he's not quick enough to make up for that. By the time he moves his body to challenge a shot or go for a rebound, the play has already happenned. He struggles to get any rebounds outside of his space. Teams can also attack him because he again is too slow to react to play in most cases.

Mr. Thabeet, the basketball you are playing is one of the most insanely pathetic things I have ever seen. At no point in your incompetent, uncoordinated performance did you even demonstrate anything close to an identifiable basketball fundamental. Everyone in this room is now a worse basketball player after having witnessed you in action. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol:

Best.Scene.Ever.
:beer: Magnumt

Return to Washington Wizards