ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Armchair Coaching thread (Pt 2.)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Re: Blatche 

Post#121 » by DaRealHibachi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 am

Nah... Flip will just start him out of position at C again...

Different toilet, same **** with this team...
:beer: Magnumt
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#122 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:22 pm

He has been discussed in other trades.....so no
Tiny Too
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#123 » by Tiny Too » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Assuming Jamison goes somewhere in the next few days, it is possible to have a starting front line of Howard or McGuire at SF, Oberto at PF, Gooden at C with Blatche and McGee in limited spot duty off the bench at the 4 and 5....
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#124 » by closg00 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:19 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:Nah... Flip will just start him out of position at C again...

Different toilet, same **** with this team...

Worse yet, we could see a lot of Orberto at C, perhaps up to 20 minutes per game.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#125 » by mohammed10 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:35 pm

closg00 wrote:
Worse yet, we could see a lot of Orberto at C, perhaps up to 20 minutes per game.

:banghead:

If there ever was a time for Flip to play the young guns...
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
creative1
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#126 » by creative1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 pm

So you believe Gooden will be the starting C over Blatche? I think Gooden is a better rebounder and he also brings a veteran presence to this young, changing team. I think Gooden plays a little bigger than Blatche does so I could see him getting a lot of time. I'm a Mavs fan and I have been extremely impressed with Gooden's play this year. I think he could get close to a 20-10 player if he got 35+/night on a consistent basis. I know he will definitely be able to get 10+ boards in that time and the team will need scoring.

Blatche is also a nice young player so I can see him getting a lot of run. Just interested to see how you guys think Gooden will be used on this team. He's actually a pretty decent piece to get back. Haywood is clearly the better player because he is a true C and a big one at that.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#127 » by no D in Hibachi » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Gooden is a DBag and I refuse to cheer for him or Howard. I hope their time in DC is short lived and that they are seldom used. I'd be happy if they faked injuries for the rest of the season and never suited up for one game.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Post#128 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

no D in Hibachi wrote:Gooden is a DBag and I refuse to cheer for him or Howard. I hope their time in DC is short lived and that they are seldom used. I'd be happy if they faked injuries for the rest of the season and never suited up for one game.

With Howard, it might not be faking. I get the impression that for Dallas, it wasn't just an upgrade in on court talent with Butler (at a lower salary no less) but that he was more reliable, tried harder, and (if this is possible) less likely to be injured when it mattered.

Blatche and McGee covering Gooden in practice for 30 games can't hurt, because I saw Gooden give both trouble, and Blatche can always use more practice covering tall guys with outside jumpers. Gooden is a goof, which may be bad for Blatche, but he has some skills that Blatche could stand to sharpen. I don't mind Gooden getting minutes at center over Blatche, because I like seeing Blatche at PF. Regardless of who starts, even if Oberto stays and/or we get no other center, I can't see how Blatche and McGee don't get more minutes. That is, unless Jamison stays and plays 40mpg in a high risk, scorched earth strategy to prop up his trade value.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Re: Official Armchair Coaching thread (Pt 2.) 

Post#129 » by LyricalRico » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Bump for merge.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Re: Official Armchair Coaching thread (Pt 2.) 

Post#130 » by verbal8 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:45 pm

I am really afraid of how bad it will be if the PF/Combo is Jamison and Gooden. While they should be able to score on anyone, they will give up twice as many points.

Return to Washington Wizards