ImageImageImageImageImage

Jamison curse the team out for there play

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Jamison curse the team out for there play 

Post#1 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Nov 7, 2009 7:44 pm

In a loud, profanity-laced tirade, Jamison lit into his teammates, cursing them for what he considered a lethargic effort. No one was spared, and when reporters were allowed to enter the locker room, it was obvious that nothing, not even the fruit tray, was spared. It had been tossed into a corner, shattered to pieces, with fruit and candy scattered everywhere. The Wizards gave a truly pathetic performance on Friday night and never seemed like they wanted to compete. Washington Post Blog

Read more http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... ds-86.html
maybe this is what we need
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
cdouglas
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: Jamison curse the team out for there play 

Post#2 » by cdouglas » Sat Nov 7, 2009 7:58 pm

truwizfan4evr wrote:In a loud, profanity-laced tirade, Jamison lit into his teammates, cursing them for what he considered a lethargic effort. No one was spared, and when reporters were allowed to enter the locker room, it was obvious that nothing, not even the fruit tray, was spared. It had been tossed into a corner, shattered to pieces, with fruit and candy scattered everywhere. The Wizards gave a truly pathetic performance on Friday night and never seemed like they wanted to compete. Washington Post Blog

Read more http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizard ... ds-86.html
maybe this is what we need

Honestly, I didn't think Jamison was the type to curse! :o
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#3 » by LyricalRico » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:02 pm

The Great Leader of Men has spoken!

:clap:
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#4 » by DaRealHibachi » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:06 pm

About time...

Luckily I haven't watched game yesterday... Looking through the boxscore and the gamethread made me realize a few things...

Arenas needs to grow the hell up, how can you go from taking 27 shots to just taking 10 as the #1 option on the team...??? I mean come on, if the coach feels you shot too much, you can still take allot of shots... Just take better ones... And his passing still isn't up to par...

Butler needs to stop forcing things and pass a bit more... He has what, 3 assists this ENTIRE season...??? And since Arenas can't get assists, Butler should be stepping up as the guy setting up others, like he was doing since he came here...

I hope Haywood plays with the same effort he plays this year, next year... If he doesn't send his ass out... He's got that contract dictating his play, not his common sense...

Foye is forcing his shot also...

Mike James should never play in a Wizards jersey... EVER!

I love this team, just hate the selfishness, the lack of mental toughness and effort they've been showing since that ATL game...

/rant
:beer: Magnumt
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 370

Post#5 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:17 pm

I am starting to think that Arenas is the NBA version of Jason Campbell - super-talented, has a lot of tools, but doesn't have "IT". Nobody knows what the hell "IT" is but you can generally identify the guys who have it - Kobe, Pierce, Paul, Melo, KG, Duncan and yes, LeBron - guys who aren't only super-talented, but really, really smart and aware. Gilbert Arenas has a lot of those things, but just can't seem to truly put it together mentally, and it's holding him back. It may be the new system + not playing in 2 years (2 years that would have been VERY valuable development time - a lot of star players get it mentally between 26 and 28)

It's still game 6, and Eddie Jordan's terribad coaching and team structure needs to be undone, and it's going to take at least half a season, if not more. I will be overjoyed if we can hit our stride by the playoffs, because with a few trades (i.e getting a decent starter out of Caron Butler and getting somewhat healthy) we can still go deep. But yeah, 2-4 first week is not reassuring.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#6 » by JWizmentality » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:21 pm

This should have happened after the Cavs game.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,371

Post#7 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:21 pm

DaRealHibachi wrote:I hope Haywood plays with the same effort he plays this year, next year... If he doesn't send his ass out... He's got that contract dictating his play, not his common sense...

I'm getting real sick of this argument.

Haywood busted his butt and had a career season two years ago. He looked pretty darn good in 7 games of play last year, too. He is playing just the same this year, only with more minutes (albeit with a few more forced shots). Let's not pretend that Haywood only tries in contract years. There are lots of people whom we can blame for not putting in max effort. Haywood is not one of them.

For God's sake, the man had 19 boards and 4 blocks and a steal in 35 minutes of action. (He also got clobbered on several shot attempts with no call.) His on/off differential was just -5 when the rest of the starters posted a -20. What more do you want from him?
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 370

Post#8 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:25 pm

The contract thing is more in regards to him shooting more (and forcing it more), not so much to his defense and rebounding. He's a really good player, though, and when we have to face Dwight and Shaq and other power centers, we'll be glad to have him (as long as we don't take it in the butt from the refs)
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#9 » by DaRealHibachi » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm talking about his shot taking decisions... He's forcing up too many wild shots... He didn't do that in his career year 2 years ago, he shouldn't do it now... His effort level is great, that's why I used that as a pointer... I agree, His D and rebounding are very good, it's just his offense that concerns the hell outta me... He won't get paid by taking mediocre shots and if he plays within the offense, he'll get what he's worth...
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#10 » by DaRealHibachi » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:28 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:The contract thing is more in regards to him shooting more (and forcing it more), not so much to his defense and rebounding. He's a really good player, though, and when we have to face Dwight and Shaq and other power centers, we'll be glad to have him (as long as we don't take it in the butt from the refs)

Great minds... :D
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,537

Post#11 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 8:38 pm

As Gilbert goes, so go the Wizards, he is setting the tempo for our games. When he sucks, the team sucks.
Gilbert is unworthy of the contract that he was given, D-Wade? Yes!
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#12 » by DallasShalDune » Sat Nov 7, 2009 9:02 pm

Gil hasn't played for two years. Before he got hurt, and we were 1st in the conference, he was looking great, and he most definitely had IT. None of us can know how much IT because he got hurt, and therefore, we never saw the fruits of what could have been. Hell, we may have won the conference, people.

But this year, he is still playing catch up. 2 years is a long time to be away from the game, imho.

Regardless, kudos to Jamison for doing what had to be done. He may suck at D, but I've always had the utmost respect for AJ. It just grows by the day, too. He wants to win.
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#13 » by Shanghai Kid » Sat Nov 7, 2009 9:27 pm

I think it would be silly to expect Gilbert to be fully back after six games. There is a good chance he's going to be much better 50 games in than right now. And whatever "it" is, Gilbert seemed to have it back in 06-07 when the Wiz were #1 in the East and he was a leading MVP candidate.

The actual biggest difference in the team right now is that Jamison isn't there and Caron isn't playing to his normal standards.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,783

Post#14 » by Rafael122 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm just wondering if Jamison did any damage to his shoulder throwing the food around.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#15 » by mohammed10 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 11:53 pm

Rafael122 wrote:I'm just wondering if Jamison did any damage to his shoulder throwing the food around.

:lol:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

'If' - by Rudyard Kipling
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by mohammed10 » Sat Nov 7, 2009 11:54 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:I am starting to think that Arenas is the NBA version of Jason Campbell - super-talented, has a lot of tools, but doesn't have "IT". Nobody knows what the hell "IT" is but you can generally identify the guys who have it - Kobe, Pierce, Paul, Melo, KG, Duncan and yes, LeBron - guys who aren't only super-talented, but really, really smart and aware. Gilbert Arenas has a lot of those things, but just can't seem to truly put it together mentally, and it's holding him back. It may be the new system + not playing in 2 years (2 years that would have been VERY valuable development time - a lot of star players get it mentally between 26 and 28)

It's still game 6, and Eddie Jordan's terribad coaching and team structure needs to be undone, and it's going to take at least half a season, if not more. I will be overjoyed if we can hit our stride by the playoffs, because with a few trades (i.e getting a decent starter out of Caron Butler and getting somewhat healthy) we can still go deep. But yeah, 2-4 first week is not reassuring.

I stopped reading after you stated Soup was 'super-talented'...

:nonono:

TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#17 » by TAI8 » Sun Nov 8, 2009 1:15 am

I fell asleep 2 minutes before halftime (had 2 hours of sleep the night before)..Did I miss anything important?
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#18 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sun Nov 8, 2009 4:16 am

Glad Jamison lit a fire in there butts. You can say whatever you want about AJ but he is a great leader of men. Let's see how this team responds vs the Suns at 1pm tomorrow
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#19 » by Halcyon » Sun Nov 8, 2009 4:56 pm

Well that's refreshing to hear, that's the kind of passion I want to see from my players...

I didn't see the Pacers game but in the 2 previous games I saw (vs Heat and Cavs) they had very lethargic and lazy stretches through the course of the game, especially on offense. So we'll see how they do against a team that will force the tempo and can run you out of the arena in the Suns...hopefully they wake up, otherwise it could be a beatdown.
mohammed10
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by mohammed10 » Sun Nov 8, 2009 9:43 pm

Looks like AJ's speech really paid off...

2-5 and (maybe) a 7 or 8 seed in the East. We are who I thought we were!

Return to Washington Wizards