ImageImageImageImageImage

Your franchise has no pride

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

chubby_1_kenobi
Starter
And1: 20

Your franchise has no pride 

Post#1 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Helping out Cleveland by releasing Ilgauskas after they beat the crap out of you in the playoff year after year?

What is the rationale behind that? And don't say it's because of money either. To an NBA franchise, a couple of millions of dollar is a price well worth it to show its' fanbase that they still have some sort of dignity. Instead, your franchise opt to send Jamison and Ilgauskas to Cleveland while at the same time sending Butler and Haywood to Dallas for a broken down former undrafted swingman.

All of that after the Arenas and Crittenton fiasco that robbed you of your respectability.

If you think what happened to the New York Knicks under Isiah Thomas was bad, wait until you see what will happen to your sorry excuse of a franchise.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Your franchise has no pride 

Post#2 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Laker fan? I can see why you're upset. There there woo woo woo, woo woo woo.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#3 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Laker fan? I can see why you're upset. There there woo woo woo, woo woo woo.

Typical response of a mentally defeated fanbase.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#4 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Okay okay, I'll take the bait.

...you better hurry. I don't think Kobe's dick can seat any more passengers.

Your turn....before the lock. Hurry!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#5 » by miller31time » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 pm

JWizmentality wrote:Your turn....before the lock. Hurry!

I would never lock a thread with such potential.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#6 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

And why does it have to be locked? Have I been spreading lies or using profanity like you did in your post?
If this thread gets locked anyway, it further proves how sad and miserable the once proud Wizards fanbase have become.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:36 pm

I always thought that kind of logic was assinine - "Don't help your team if it means helping a rival" - even when you're not really competing with the "rival".

Z would serve no purpose here. He'd take PT from the youngsters. And a vet like him near the end of his career deserves the opportunity to play in the playoffs. Meanwhile, he can choose to go to another team - if there's a better match - he doesn't have to go to Cleveland. Either way, I'll be rooting for a Cleveland/Dallas NBA finals.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#8 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 pm

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:And why does it have to be locked? Have I been spreading lies or using profanity like you did in your post?
If this thread gets locked anyway, it further proves how sad and miserable the once proud Wizards fanbase have become.

Lies? I'm not kidding you dude. I heard there's like only 3 seats left!
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#9 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Ruzious wrote:I always thought that kind of logic was assinine - "Don't help your team if it means helping a rival" - even when you're not really competing with the "rival".

Z would serve no purpose here. He'd take PT from the youngsters. And a vet like him near the end of his career deserves the opportunity to play in the playoffs. Meanwhile, he can choose to go to another team - if there's a better match - he doesn't have to go to Cleveland. Either way, I'll be rooting for a Cleveland/Dallas NBA finals.

Pride is not about logic. Pride is about putting up a fight when you're about an inch from dying even when logically giving up would be the less painful route. It's about saying to your fanbase "yes, this season has been a disaster but that doesn't mean we have to let other teams use our face as a stepping stone to championship."

Z has absolutely no purpose in Washington, I completely agree. It's the message your franchise is sending out to your fanbase by letting him go is what baffles me.

I was a Wizards fan afterall when MJ was playing. ( a bandwagon one, yes, but a fan nevertheless).
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#10 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Did anyone catch the last episode of Sparticus: Blood and Sand?!? Damn!!!
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#11 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:44 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
chubby_1_kenobi wrote:And why does it have to be locked? Have I been spreading lies or using profanity like you did in your post?

Lies? I'm not kidding you dude. I heard there's like only 3 seats left!

Your attempt to derail this thread will be unsuccessful, my point is much too valid.
stycool24
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#12 » by stycool24 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Lol at these Laker fans crying about Z going back to the Cavs. They know Z got Pau's number with his length and Shaq can dominate Bynum anytime any-day!

Wizards can't do anything with Z, they don't need a 34 year dude on a losing team. They would rather save money and spend that money on a young guy with potential.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#13 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 pm

You've got it all wrong friend. This thread will go the way of the Crabaliers thread. Whether you like it or not, this topic is destined to be Image.

So take your self righteous bull**** elsewhere. :D

Thanks for the comical timeout before the game though. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#14 » by yungal07 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm

You should write a very angry email to Ernie Grunfeld. I'm sure he will take your heartfelt emotional words to heart next time he buys a player out.
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#15 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 pm

stycool24 wrote:Lol at these Laker fans crying about Z going back to the Cavs. They know Z got Pau's number with his length and Shaq can dominate Bynum anytime any-day!

Wizards can't do anything with Z, they don't need a 34 year dude on a losing team. They would rather save money and spend that money on a young guy with potential.

What could they spend that money on right now? Trade deadline has passed already. 2 millions more dollars for your owner's pocket, hip hip hooray!
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#16 » by fishercob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:52 pm

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I always thought that kind of logic was assinine - "Don't help your team if it means helping a rival" - even when you're not really competing with the "rival".

Pride is not about logic. Pride is about putting up a fight when you're about an inch from dying even when logically giving up would be the less painful route. It's about saying to your fanbase "yes, this season has been a disaster but that doesn't mean we have to let other teams use our face as a stepping stone to championship."

Z has absolutely no purpose in Washington, I completely agree. It's the message your franchise is sending out to your fanbase by letting him go is what baffles me.

I was a Wizards fan afterall when MJ was playing. ( a bandwagon one, yes, but a fan nevertheless).

You, my friend, are a bad businessman if you would let emotions sway you from doing whats in the best interest of your company or team.

As a Wizards fan, I care first and foremost about the Wizards. I want our execs to do only what moves us closest to contention, with no regard for whom else it might help. If you're sore because Z returning to the the Cavs hurts your team du jour's chances of a title, well tough titties.

And who are you -- an admitted bandwagon fan -- to criticize anyone else's pride? Any true and self-respecting fan sticks with his (or her, perhaps?) team through thick and thin. They don't hop around based on who Nike tells them to worship that day,

Boom. Roasted.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
chubby_1_kenobi
Starter

Post#17 » by chubby_1_kenobi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 pm

JWizmentality wrote:You've got it all wrong friend. This thread will go the way of the Crabaliers thread. Whether you like it or not, this topic is destined to be Image.

So take your self righteous bull**** elsewhere. :D

Thanks for the comical timeout before the game though. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay here.

It's righteous but it's not bull****. I understand this thread will anger a lot of posters here but I was hoping some of you will contribute with more than a few lame jokes and cynical laughs.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,076

Post#18 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 pm

chubby_1_kenobi wrote:Helping out Cleveland by releasing Ilgauskas after they beat the crap out of you in the playoff year after year?

What is the rationale behind that? And don't say it's because of money either. To an NBA franchise, a couple of millions of dollar is a price well worth it to show its' fanbase that they still have some sort of dignity. Instead, your franchise opt to send Jamison and Ilgauskas to Cleveland while at the same time sending Butler and Haywood to Dallas for a broken down former undrafted swingman.

All of that after the Arenas and Crittenton fiasco that robbed you of your respectability.

If you think what happened to the New York Knicks under Isiah Thomas was bad, wait until you see what will happen to your sorry excuse of a franchise.

The rationale behind buying Z out is it lets other potential free agents know that Washington's management respects players.

There is no logical reason to keep Z in DC. All he would do is hurt our chances at lotto balls while taking playing time away from McGee. The only argument to keep Z is because it hurts Cleveland. But if I'm the GM I don't want the rest of the league to think that I'm willing to screw a well-respected veteran player out of an opportunity to play in the playoffs just because I want to spite a team.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#19 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 pm

Christ Fish. Couldn't you let us have a little more fun?
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#20 » by DallasShalDune » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:56 pm

I agree that it makes perfect sense to let Z go. He doesn't help us. We are not going to make the playoffs, and we should look towards the future. To keep Z off the team helps us develop McGee and Blatche. Z would only help us gain 1 or 2 more wins, anyway.

And last time I checked, Z wasn't Dwight Howard.

Return to Washington Wizards