Your franchise has no pride

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Re: Your franchise has no pride 

Post#101 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 am

Krizko Zero wrote:No ouch. Just evidence as per the thread title this franchise and most of it's fans (like yourself) have no pride and have dual allegiances.

What is the evidence of my dual allegiances? In what specific area am I wrong? I'd like some quotes please, since without them, you are not really debating me but some imaginary opponent you made up, simultaneously avoiding any of the heavy lifting of point-counterpoint.

You seem to have a duel allegiance, and I'm really wondering if you have any pride at all. Or maybe you're actually having a lot of fun with this, which I guess is quite possible and would make the whole thing seem pretty hilarious (not that it isn't already).
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#102 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:39 am

fishercob wrote:
Krizko Zero wrote:No ouch. Just evidence as per the thread title this franchise and most of it's fans (like yourself) have no pride and have dual allegiances.

fokus, were you born this much of an angry prick, or did it take years of practice?

It took years of Wizards basketball & this forum.
AceDegenerate
Banned User

Post#103 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:44 am

montestewart wrote:

What is the evidence of my dual allegiances? In what specific area am I wrong? I'd like some quotes please, since without them, you are not really debating me but some imaginary opponent you made up, simultaneously avoiding any of the heavy lifting of point-counterpoint.

You seem to have a duel allegiance, and I'm really wondering if you have any pride at all. Or maybe you're actually having a lot of fun with this, which I guess is quite possible and would make the whole thing seem pretty hilarious (not that it isn't already).

Ruzious is the dual-allegiance Wizards/Bucks fan. So that was to him, but theres more than a couple in here who root for more than one team; I guess thats what happens when your team is this bad for so long.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#104 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 am

^
One of my grandfathers was a Knicks fan, the other was a Sixers fan (my stepfather's a Sixers fan too). When I was younger, I followed the Knicks closely, and I still follow both those teams. I loved watching the Magic-led Lakers, the Bad Boy Pistons, the Bulls, and still like watching good teams play.

Dual allegiance means divided loyalty; I don't have a dual allegiance. I've been a Bullets fan since the early 70s, and under any name, I've always wanted them to come out on top in everything: trades, draft, coaches, GM, owner, style of play, accolades, and especially wins and (hopefully, someday soon) another championship.

When some troll mischaracterizes my position, it's usually pretty funny; when a fellow Wizards fan mischaracterizes my position, maybe it's funny, but maybe it's also a little sad.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#105 » by Ruzious » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:03 am

Does this mean I have to turn in my secret decoder ring?

I'm so ashamed. I just hope in time... you'll be able to forgive me for...

...what is it that I did wrong?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#106 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 am

Ruzious wrote:...what is it that I did wrong?

Milwauker-eey flip-floppery.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Ruzious » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:08 am

montestewart wrote:^
One of my grandfathers was a Knicks fan, the other was a Sixers fan (my stepfather's a Sixers fan too). When I was younger, I followed the Knicks closely, and I still follow both those teams. I loved watching the Magic-led Lakers, the Bad Boy Pistons, the Bulls, and still like watching good teams play.

Dual allegiance means divided loyalty; I don't have a dual allegiance. I've been a Bullets fan since the early 70s, and under any name, I've always wanted them to come out on top in everything: trades, draft, coaches, GM, owner, style of play, accolades, and especially wins and (hopefully, someday soon) another championship.

When some troll mischaracterizes my position, it's usually pretty funny; when a fellow Wizards fan mischaracterizes my position, maybe it's funny, but maybe it's also a little sad.

Thanks for your comments. When I was a little kid I wanted to be Lew Alcindor, and he was on the Bucks - and I never grew out of liking the Bucks. That hasn't affected my being a Bullets/Zards fan. I am more of Zards fan than a Bucks fan - even with the Bucks on a roll and likely making the playoffs.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Ruzious » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 am

Hoopalotta wrote:

Perhaps flim-flammery, but no sir - flip-floppery happens when the current Wiz coach makes a mistake.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:31 am

Ruzious wrote:
Hoopalotta wrote:

Perhaps flim-flammery, but no sir - flip-floppery happens when the current Wiz coach makes a mistake.

Two timing with twelve pointers and wand wavers, maybe?

Ménage à trois'ing with Rudolph and Gandalf?

Has a precedent been set for a formal sentence on that sort of thing?
AceDegenerate
Banned User

Post#110 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:28 am

You see. I digress.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,641

Post#111 » by pancakes3 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:09 am

i hate this thread.
Bullets -> Wizards
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by Hoopalotta » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:12 am

pancakes3 wrote:i hate this thread.

Don't worry, it's gone off topic. It's the new 'Lucrazi Thread'.
AceDegenerate
Banned User

Post#113 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Hoopalotta is like a knock-off version of doclinkin. You're always here just trying to be witty, it's just not nearly the same. :roll:
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#114 » by MJG » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Krizko Zero using speech-to-text software to post on RealGM:
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#115 » by DaRealHibachi » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Krizko Zero wrote:Hoopalotta is like a knock-off version of doclinkin. You're always here just trying to be witty, it's just not nearly the same. :roll:

You take this board waaaaaaaaaay too serious... :lol:

Hoopalotta is prolly the best poster we've had in the last few years... Stop the hate and your "Everyone Hates Gil Except Me" crusade... It's getting boring...
:beer: Magnumt
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#116 » by montestewart » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:22 pm

Krizko Zero wrote:Hoopalotta is like a knock-off version of doclinkin. You're always here just trying to be witty, it's just not nearly the same. :roll:

Not to compare one to another, but Hoopalotta is pretty funny, and has a lot of good comments on top of that.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Hoopalotta » Mon Mar 1, 2010 12:17 am

I can't even imagine who Krizko would be a poor-man's version of.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by Hoopalotta » Mon Mar 1, 2010 12:22 am

Mabye it wouldn't be a person, it would be more like a force a nature. 'A poor-man's version of a plague of locusts', something like that.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,536

Post#119 » by nate33 » Mon Mar 1, 2010 12:58 am

Dear God, please get Livingston out of the game.
AceDegenerate
Banned User

Post#120 » by AceDegenerate » Mon Mar 1, 2010 1:01 am

Hoopalotta wrote:Mabye it wouldn't be a person, it would be more like a force a nature. 'A poor-man's version of a plague of locusts', something like that.

Better chill with the border-line insults. It's against the TOS and Super-Mod may be here soon to suspend you.

Return to Washington Wizards