NCAA Schedule rules

Moderator: bwgood77

janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

NCAA Schedule rules 

Post#1 » by janmagn » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi guys,
I just have started following college basketball and was wondering: is there any rules on what the schedules will look? Must pre-season top 25 teams have a certain number of games against each other or something?

Lähetetty minun LG-H440n laitteesta Tapatalkilla
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,753

Re: NCAA Schedule rules 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:17 am

janmagn wrote:Hi guys,
I just have started following college basketball and was wondering: is there any rules on what the schedules will look? Must pre-season top 25 teams have a certain number of games against each other or something?

Well most (maybe all now) teams are in a conference so they will play all conference games after about January 1st. Prior to that it comes down to who they scheduled. Some teams schedule easy teams (well most do, for the most part) so prior to conference games you usually see mostly not very good games. Except around Thanksgiving and New Years there are usually some mini tournaments with two really good teams in them, and usually another two good teams, and then four others, so they play an 8 team tourney over a few days and if all the best teams win, you might see a good game between two highly ranked teams. There are a few going on now.
janmagn
Starter
And1: 341

Re: RE: Re: NCAA Schedule rules 

Post#3 » by janmagn » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:31 am

bwgood77 wrote:
janmagn wrote:Hi guys,

Well most (maybe all now) teams are in a conference so they will play all conference games after about January 1st. Prior to that it comes down to who they scheduled. Some teams schedule easy teams (well most do, for the most part) so prior to conference games you usually see mostly not very good games. Except around Thanksgiving and New Years there are usually some mini tournaments with two really good teams in them, and usually another two good teams, and then four others, so they play an 8 team tourney over a few days and if all the best teams win, you might see a good game between two highly ranked teams. There are a few going on now.

I knew about conferences, and everything else was weird. Thanks for this

Return to NCAA Basketball