Brice Sensabaugh
Nick Smith Jr
Ausar Thompson
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,276

Re: Reanimator Big Board 2023 

Post#2 » by clyde21 » Wed Mar 1, 2023 7:53 pm

super high on Bufkin - I like him but I don't like him that much. what's the argument for Bufkin over Black, NSJ or even Mintz?
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Re: Reanimator Big Board 2023 

Post#3 » by reanimator » Wed Mar 1, 2023 8:54 pm

clyde21 wrote:super high on Bufkin - I like him but I don't like him that much. what's the argument for Bufkin over Black, NSJ or even Mintz?

It is really hard for me to buy all the way in on Black and Mintz with my concerns about their ability to shoot it which then impacts how well they can integrate in most lineups. I will say that I need to take a longer look at Mintz. Pretty much the only thing holding me back from either being in a top 5 convo is this one aspect.

May be my bias because even in HS, I've always saw NSJ as a combo who was neither athletic/physical enough to consistently put pressure on the rim nor has the spatial awareness/passing chops to run an offense. NSJ to me is only a hair better than a guy like JHS.

To be honest, I have a lot of questions about this draft after #5 and start to favor the high floor, 2 way, highly portable players: Bufkin, Wallace, Hendricks. To me, Bufkin is kind of DLO-ish if you nerfed the playmaking and made him a plus defender. Better shot creator than Wallace, better shooter than Mintz/Black, better playmaker/defender than NSJ...just a very solid blend of skill.

Return to Mock Drafts