PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,991

2024 NBA Mock Draft – 1st Round 

Post#1 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:31 pm

A quick post-lottery, pre-combine mock.

Pick Team Player
1 Atlanta - Alexandre Sarr
I feel like the Hawks have seen enough of OO to know he's not their future at C.
2 Washington - Nikola Topic
Should be a good fit in a rebuild, as long as they move away from Poole. I like the Avdija/Bilal/Topic future.
3 Houston - Zaccharie Risacher
Not so sure about this one, or what Houston wants to do. They have so many young pieces, and Eason is coming back, too.
4 San Antonio - Matas Buzelis
I feel the Ignite was a really bad place for Matas, and he should fit well with the Spurs.
5 Detroit - Reed Sheppard
I don't like the pick, but this one would not surprise me, with their need for shooting.
6 Charlotte - Stephon Castle
Charlotte should like the defense here.
7 Portland - Cody Williams
Would have the Blazers rostering two less talented brothers. I still like Cody's upside and want to see him fully healthy.
8 San Antonio - Robert Dillingham
Would be a big get for the Spurs here.
9 Memphis - Donovan Clingan
Same for Memphis. I see Clingan mocked much earlier, so the Grizzlies would probably jump at the chance here.
10 Utah - Dalton Knecht
Meh.
11 Chicago - Ron Holland
Could be a fun fit. Not sure what direction the Bulls are taking this.
12 Oklahoma Cty - Tidjane Salaun
Insert a 'such a Presti pick' cliché here.
13 Sacramento - Ja’Kobe Walter
Probably depends a lot on what Monk does in free agency. Keon Ellis breaking out gives the Kings a lot of extra opportunities.
14 Portland - Tyler Smith
More shooting for the Blazers, who have time to let Smith develop.
15 Miami - Boogie Ellis
The footage of him is really impressive, and I think the Heat would love to add him. I think he goes somewhere between late lottery and 20.
16 Philadelphia - Isaiah Collier
17 Los Angeles Lakers - Jared McCain
18 Orlando - Tristan da Silva
I would love this pick here. Should be a fun fit, too.
19 Toronto - AJ Johnson
I might mock him way too high, especially considering his stats last season, but boy, there's some upside here, and that's something which you don't see a lot in this draft.
20 Cleveland - Jaylon Tyson
21 New Orleans - Carlton Carrington
More shooting. Might be too much like Hawkins here, but I think the Pels will look to add more shooters whilemoving away from Ingram.
22 Phoenix - Yves Missi
Upside, energy and defense.
23 Milwaukee - Devin Carter
Outside shooting, defense and a fun - seemingly ready - back up for Dame if the Bucks are ready for another (more serious) run next season.
24 New York - Johnny Furphy
Stretching the floor.
25 New York - KyShawn George
Wing play making.
26 Washington - Kyle Filipowski
I guess they could use some big bodies.
27 Minnesota - Nikola Djurisic
Strikes me as a typical Wolves pick right now, but I can see him going much earlier, too.
28 Denver - Kel'el Ware
The Nuggets can use some size and athleticism.
29 Toronto - Zach Edey
A back up for Poeltl, although that would be two big plodding centers.
30 Boston - DaRon Holmes II
Would not suprise me if he drops into the second, but this could be a fit.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,114

Re: 2024 NBA Mock Draft – 1st Round 

Post#2 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 14, 2024 6:36 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:A quick post-lottery, pre-combine mock.

Pick Team Player
I feel like the Hawks have seen enough of OO to know he's not their future at C.
Should be a good fit in a rebuild, as long as they move away from Poole. I like the Avdija/Bilal/Topic future.
Not so sure about this one, or what Houston wants to do. They have so many young pieces, and Eason is coming back, too.
I feel the Ignite was a really bad place for Matas, and he should fit well with the Spurs.
I don't like the pick, but this one would not surprise me, with their need for shooting.
Would have the Blazers rostering two less talented brothers. I still like Cody's upside and want to see him fully healthy.
Same for Memphis. I see Clingan mocked much earlier, so the Grizzlies would probably jump at the chance here.
10 Utah - Dalton Knecht
Meh.
11 Chicago - Ron Holland
Probably depends a lot on what Monk does in free agency. Keon Ellis breaking out gives the Kings a lot of extra opportunities.
15 Miami - Boogie Ellis
The footage of him is really impressive, and I think the Heat would love to add him. I think he goes somewhere between late lottery and 20.
19 Toronto - AJ Johnson
I might mock him way too high, especially considering his stats last season, but boy, there's some upside here, and that's something which you don't see a lot in this draft.
More shooting. Might be too much like Hawkins here, but I think the Pels will look to add more shooters whilemoving away from Ingram.
22 Phoenix - Yves Missi
Outside shooting, defense and a fun - seemingly ready - back up for Dame if the Bucks are ready for another (more serious) run next season.
Stretching the floor.
Wing play making.
Strikes me as a typical Wolves pick right now, but I can see him going much earlier, too.
28 Denver - Kel'el Ware
29 Toronto - Zach Edey

I am really not feeling the Boogie Ellis and Johnson choices but the rest seems very reasonable. Good job
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by PerkinsFor3 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:41 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:

Pick Team Player
10 Utah - Dalton Knecht
Meh.
11 Chicago - Ron Holland
15 Miami - Boogie Ellis
19 Toronto - AJ Johnson
22 Phoenix - Yves Missi
Stretching the floor.
Wing play making.
28 Denver - Kel'el Ware
29 Toronto - Zach Edey

I am really not feeling the Boogie Ellis and Johnson choices but the rest seems very reasonable. Good job

Going out on a limb a bit with the first one. Maybe it's just a reminder to self to have them firmly on my radar haha. Topic inj seems to be rather bad, hoping for the best with him, but he'll be dropping a bit, or pulling out even. Castle and Reed probably will be moving up, just like Carrington, Ware, George, Clingan and Edey. Carter making a big jump, too.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 14, 2024 10:36 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:

Pick Team Player
10 Utah - Dalton Knecht
Meh.
11 Chicago - Ron Holland
15 Miami - Boogie Ellis
19 Toronto - AJ Johnson
22 Phoenix - Yves Missi
Stretching the floor.
Wing play making.
28 Denver - Kel'el Ware
29 Toronto - Zach Edey

Going out on a limb a bit with the first one. Maybe it's just a reminder to self to have them firmly on my radar haha. Topic inj seems to be rather bad, hoping for the best with him, but he'll be dropping a bit, or pulling out even. Castle and Reed probably will be moving up, just like Carrington, Ware, George, Clingan and Edey. Carter making a big jump, too.

Ellis is that natural score only/chucker type that has no shame and just puts the ball in the basket. Similar to Cam Thomas or Brunson. He's older and lacks size and athleticism too. These types shouldn't be able to make it but obviously can and do. So maybe I'm dumb for not having him on my board. I honestly know the least about Johnson so can't even comment except that it's surprising he's so high since I haven't seen him on anyone else's first round Big Board or Mock. Just looking at highlights of his limited playing time he looks similar to Ellis tbh. Maybe naturally skilled players appeal to you instinctively.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:19 am

Feeling good about AJ going top 20! Boogie has had his moments but he's clearly not a PG. I'm dropping him in a next version.

Devin Carter & Carlton Carrington are going to be risers!
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by FarBeyondDriven » Mon May 20, 2024 6:41 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Feeling good about AJ going top 20! Boogie has had his moments but he's clearly not a PG. I'm dropping him in a next version.

Devin Carter & Carlton Carrington are going to be risers!

Johnson looked good in the scrimmages. He didn't look overwhelmed and has some PG skills. I may just have to move him up. Need to finally do a deep dive

Return to Mock Drafts