Mock Draft Idea

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Mock Draft Idea 

Post#1 » by TheOGJabroni » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:24 pm

Just for fun, rather than seeing each person's mock draft of how they believe the draft will pan out (which will eventually be wrong because of so many trades that you can't possibly predict (Yeah, that's you, Portland)), make a mock draft with no trades that ranks each player in your own personal opinion, not what you've seen from scouts and other official mocks online, and put them on a team that you feel makes sense to YOU.

I'll start:

1. Chicago - Derrick Rose
I feel that he is the best player in the draft and should have an effect like Baron Davis on the court, but minus the injuries, and definitely a better desire to win in the regular season.
2. Miami - Michael Beasley
I personally believe Mayo will actually have more success than Beasley, but with Wade on the team, and without much post scoring on the Heat, Beasley is the way to go.
3. Minnesota - Kevin Love
Not the third best player in the draft, but IMO the Wovles are absolutely stacked at the Guards. McHale loves this guy. He plays solid D and could be a great compliment to Big Al.
4. Seattle - OJ Mayo
There are very few players who can score on the Sonics right now that aren't named Kevin Durant. He provies this and a lot of versatility. If they want to go "small they shift KD and Jeff Green to the 3 and 4. If they want to go big, play Mayo at the 1, countless options.
5. Memphis - Brook Lopez
A solid inside scorer that Memphis really lacks right now, along with Rudy Gay and out of one of their point guards, most likely Conley, they should have a solid core to build from.
6. New York - DJ Augustin
Augustin's mentor is Nash, Nash's coach is with the Knicks now, and the Knicks are in dire need for a true PG, Augustin should be that guy.
7. LA Clippers - Eric Gordon
LAC had absolutely no guard play all season, hopefully with a healthy Livingston, and an explosive Gordon, teaming up with Brand, Kaman, and Thorton, the Clippers should be on their way.
8. Milwaukee - Jerryd Bayless
With the way the Bucks team is assembled right now, they aren't going anyway. They need to completely start over, first off by Trading Redd. He's a great player but probably not the number one option that will lead them very far. They take the BPA.
9. Charlotte – Anthony Randolph
When I look at the Bobcats roster, they should be an up-n-down the court team, They have so many athletes, which is exactly what this kid is, who can play the 4 on a small ball team, with Okafor manning up the 5.
10. New Jersey - Danilo Gallinari
Much like the Bucks, they need to overload this roster. Keep Devin Harris and whoever they feel has the most potential amongst their bigs, and draft the "Italian LeBron James" and hope to God the plan (or rumor) pans out and when they move to Brooklyn, they get the real LBJ
11. Indiana - Russell Westbrook
This team is also lacking guard play in every aspect. He can man up either position and shut down his opponent defensively.
12. Sacramento - Joe Alexander
It's only a matter of time until Artest is gone, Alexander can be a solid replacement for him when he does leave.
13. Portland - Brandon Rush
The thing I love about the Blazers is their balance. A player like Rush should be ready to go immediately. If he was placed in the starting line-up, he would play solid D and hit the open shot for Brandon Roy when he was distributing. Probably the most under-rated player in the draft in my book.
14. Golden State - Jason Thompson
A guy that many feel GSW wants, a tremendous pick, and a great C for a team like the Warriors
15. Phoenix - DeAndre Jordan
While I don't think he is the next Dwight, Shaq can put him under his wings and guide him to be very successful and a very good center to put next to Amare for years to come
16. Philadelphia - Darrell Arthur
A very good high post scorer to compliment Salembert.
17. Toronto - Robin Lopez
They need someone to play the 5 that can defend and rebound and do the dirty work to help out Chris Bosh.
18. Washington - Marreese Speights
The Wizards' Haywood a very productive year, but the Wizards need either a big who can score or a shooting two guard, since no one is worth taking here for two-guards, they go with the big man.
19. Cleveland - Nicolas Batum
He has dropped a lot this year in the mocks, but he is a great athlete a could be the number two guard to play with James.
20. Denver - Mario Chalmers
Much like Rush I think Chalmers' draft status is low because he wasn't "the man" on his team because they were so well balanced. The Nuggets absolutely need D, and if they are content with playing AI at the 2 (if he stays), Chalmers is one of the best defensive point guards in this draft.
21. New Jersey - JaVale McGee
A guy with good potential that is very explosive and can hit the midrange, could be a more athletic replacement for Kristic if he were to leave.
22. Orlando - Chris Douglas-Roberts
Another under-rated wing prospect. Great slashing ability to compliment the plethora of shooters on this Magic team, can step in right away and be very effective.
23. Utah - Roy Hibbert
Fell off the map a little bit this year, but he can offer that Jazz some inside D that they really need.
24. Seattle - Donte Greene
Slipped a little bit, with a line-up of a vet PG they pick up in free agency, OJ, KD, Green, and Collison/Wilcox, Greene can play many back up minutes right off the back at the 3 and 4 positions.
25. Houston - Bill Walker
Yes, he's had a lot on injuries, but if he takes care of his knees properly, this late in the draft he could be a steal. TMac seems content with finding slashers going to the basket and settling on J's now. Bill Walker could be another scoring threat with TMac and Yao, they really need. He could spell minutes for both McGrady and Battier right away.
26. San Antonio - Kosta Koufos
A big that can step away from the basket and shoot to clear up the middle for Duncan and hit the open shots for him when TD dishes out.
27. New Orleans - Gary Forbes
They would love CDR here, but Forbes is a solid player who can really score and CP3 would love a more versatile scorer than Mo Peterson to look for.
28. Memphis - JJ Hickson
They already got their future C in the draft, might as well get their future PF as well. A great talent who could use more seasoning in college, but no doubt will have a very good career in the NBA.
29. Detroit - Davon Jefferson
It was announced the Prince was on the block. Jefferson could be a very solid player in this league and he is definitely one of the most talented players left in the draft at this point.
30. Boston - DeVon Hardin
A more explosive player than Perk who can come off the bench and provide energy when needed for the champs.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Mock Draft Idea 

Post#2 » by Mecca » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:45 pm

this is a horrible mock, Bayless at 8, no chance knicks miss him
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#3 » by TheOGJabroni » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:51 pm

I think you're missing the point. I made a mock that will not be correct, but is the way I feel the team should pick. I don't think the Knicks should take a combo guard, a point guard like DJ could be really effective in D'Antoni's system.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#4 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:55 pm

1. New York isn't in dire need of a true PG. The idea is that they need a consistent scorer from the SG or SF spots, where guys like Crawford, Jeffries and Balkman (to name a few) aren't consistent at all. It'd be impossible for them to pass up on either Bayless or Gordon.

2. The Clippers have to go PG; they'll have their choice of prospects and they should give up on Shaun Livingston as soon as possible. Eric Gordon and Jerryd Bayless are not PGs and should not be treated as such.

3. Brandon Rush wouldn't start for Portland right away. I don't even think he'd get off the bench much. I also completely disagree with your reasoning on him; he's one of the most overrated players in this draft and I wouldn't pick him before, say, 40th overall. If you need more convincing, I wrote up on him in the bust thread.

4. You're right to emphasize the big men, but the more skilled men will have their day. Personally, I don't see Hibbert falling below Washington, Koufos falling below Cleveland and Hickson falling below, say, Seattle...but I also don't envision Donte Greene falling that low. He's too talented, too big, and has too many tools to slip into the 20s.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#5 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:23 am

So is this draft before or after they trade Salmons and Garcia? Because obviously, wasting a pick on a SF when you currently have 3 (Artest/Salmons/Garcia) doesn't make alot of sense. Kings have NO one, not ONE true PG on the roster and a bunch of crap filled PFs. If we don't pick a PF/PG with our 12th pick, Artest is obviously going to opt out and Salmons or Garcia is going to be traded.

Return to Mock Drafts