Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Moose's First Round Mock 

Post#1 » by moose man » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 pm

1. Clippers: Blake Griffin
I can't see the Clippers passing on a sure thing like Griffin, yet the clippers have proved in the past that they can make the wrong decisions come draft time. For once i believe they'll get it right though.

2. Grizzlies: James Harden
I for one, can't imagine the Griz will hold on to this pick. The two prospects they should be choosing between supposedly do not want to go to Memphis. New York or Minnesota look like the two teams likely to move up in to this spot, in which case Ricky Rubio would be the selection here. However Harden seems like the next BPA for the Griz, however he doesnt seem to fir well with their core group of Mayo and Gay.

3. Thunder: Hasheem Thabeet
Thabeet will give the Thunder a low post presence that they need badly. He wont demand touches away from the other young three and when they gamble for steals on defense, Thabeet will be there to guard the basket.

4. Kings: Ricky Rubio
There is no way the Kings let a talent such as Rubios get away from them at this point in the draft. I strongly believe this is his floor to be drafted. The kings badly need a point guard and Rubio is a strong building block that can be a star in the league. However if someone trades up into the 2 spot to grab Rubio, expect Evans to be their slection.

5. Wizards: Stephen Curry
Curry would be a nice fit alongside Butler and Arenas. He fits nicely within their lineup and gives them another scoring weapon that can go off at anytime. This allows Arenas and him to share the ballhandling duties. If Harden falls here though, you have to take him.

6. Timberwolves: Tyreke Evans
Evans may seem redundant to Foye, but evans can score in bunches and play both guard positions. It would be hard to pass on his talent at this position in the draft. However I Believe the Wolves trade up to nab Rubio. If this Scenario were to happen, Jordan Hill would be taken by Memphis seeing that Harden would get scooped up by the Wizards.

7. Warriors: Jordan Hill
I don`t know if the Ellis thing was for real or not, but I dont see them drafting a point guard. Hill would fit nicely alongside Biedrins and would give them another low post prospect to build around. I can't see them drafting a wing either, but who really knows with the Warriors organization.

8. Knicks: Jonny Flynn
Jonny Flynn would be the point guard that would be a nice fit to New Yorks up tempo style of play. He knows how to distribute the ball, and take it when he needs to. He has that killer instinct that a player needs to be successful.

9. Raptors: Demar Derozen
Derozen will help the Raps and their need for a swingman. However he's not going to come in right away and be a player. He'll take some time. Holiday is another option here, but I believe Derozen has way to much potential to pass on at this point.

10. Bucks: Jrue Holiday
Holiday will give the Bucks a player that can play on both ends of the floor. he'll be able to run the point as well as play off the ball. He should be a good fit alongside that Bucks Lineup. He has a high potential and should be the right pick at number 10.

11. Nets: Gerald Henderson
He gives the nets a good swing that can step in and play right away. He's a high flyer that plays good defense. If Vince is indeed traded they are going to need to pick up another swing. However if he's not traded, they can simply go with the best player available at this point.

12. Bobcats: Terence Williams
A hard working, Larry Brown type player should fit in well alongside the rest of this roster. It hasn't been too much of a secret that both sides have interest in each other.

13. Pacers: Brandon Jennings
With Jarrett Jack possibly leaving via free agency, they'll need to address their point guard position as Tj Ford is rarely healthy. The next best point guard available would be Jennings, and hes a bit of a wildcard but the pacers can gamble with their insurance being Ford.

14. Suns: BJ Mullens
Shaq isn't getting any younger and their front court depth is lacking to say the least. Mullens gives them an athletic center that fits in to their up tempo style that has potential to be a good center down the road.

15. Pistons: Earl Clark
16. Bulls: Dejuan Blair
17. 76er's: Ty Lawson
18. Timberwolves: Sam Young
19. Hawks: Wayne Ellington
20. Jazz: Tyler Hansborough
21. Hornets: James Johnson
22. Mavericks: Jeff Teague
23. Kings: Chase Budinger
24. Trailblazers: Eric Maynor
25. Thunder: Patty Mills
26. Bulls: Nick Calathes
27. Grizzlies: Austin Daye
28. Timberwolves: Omar Casspi
29. Lakers: Danny Green
30. Cavaliers: Rodrigue Beaubois

I only had time to give my thoughts on the lottery, but if you want to know my thoughts on any of my other selections just ask me?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Re: Moose's First Round Mock 

Post#2 » by Cammo101 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:55 pm

Everything here seems very plausible. Good job.
panacea
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by panacea » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:46 pm

You don't think Ellington at 19 is a bit of a reach? That was the only thing that jumped out at me, otherwise, I like it.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#4 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:48 pm

I don't see James Johnson slipping that far but other than that, not bad.
moose man
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#5 » by moose man » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:34 am

I for one don't see what all the fuss is about James Johnson. I mean yes he is very talented, but he is just so raw. He needs the right fit for it to all come together.

As for Ellington, it might be a bit of reach, but I think he fits nicely among the Hawks roster.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#6 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:21 pm

It's interesting how much this draft will change depending on who the Kings pick. If Rubio falls to them, then the rest of the draft will go pretty much like this. If Rubio is traded by someone else at 2 (or OKC at 3), then they could pick Evans, so then the T-Wolves would have to pick their 2nd option, which would be someone else's 1st option, and so on...even though the Kings didn't get the 1st/2nd/or 3rd pick..it feels good to be important, again :D
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Smills91 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 pm

I'd peg Casspi at #23 for the Kings over Budinger. He'd save the Kings money and cap space this summer and is probably the BPA at #23 in your scenario. I think Budinger might slip into the 2nd round.

Return to Mock Drafts