Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,318

Re: grod-mock [05/15] 

Post#21 » by Catchall » Mon May 25, 2020 4:20 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Catchall wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Maybe. I'm pretty low on Saddiq Bey. I can see the Jazz taking Maledon for sure, if he's there. Check my above posts. I said Jazz should've taken Riller instead.

The Jazz aren't low on Saddiq.

Source?

Tony Jones at the Athletic. Bey is not expected to be available when the Jazz draft. He'll get picked in the 15-20 range. Some scouts think he's a Kris Middleton-caliber prospect.

The Jazz will draft in the 22 - 24 range, and they'll be looking for Pokusevski, Bolmaro and Maledon, imo. They'd also look at Riller and ask themselves if they can fix Paul Reed's funky shot. Some guys they like will include Hampton, Williams, Lewis Jr., Bey and Nesmith, but none of them are expected to be available. There's a slim chance Josh Green will drop, and he'd be considered. I don't know what they think about Jaden McDaniels. Interviews are going to be critical for him.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,311

Re: grod-mock [05/15] 

Post#22 » by getrichordie » Mon May 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Catchall wrote:
getrichordie wrote:
Catchall wrote:
The Jazz aren't low on Saddiq.

Source?

Tony Jones at the Athletic. Bey is not expected to be available when the Jazz draft. He'll get picked in the 15-20 range. Some scouts think he's a Kris Middleton-caliber prospect.

The Jazz will draft in the 22 - 24 range, and they'll be looking for Pokusevski, Bolmaro and Maledon, imo. They'd also look at Riller and ask themselves if they can fix Paul Reed's funky shot. Some guys they like will include Hampton, Williams, Lewis Jr., Bey and Nesmith, but none of them are expected to be available. There's a slim chance Josh Green will drop, and he'd be considered. I don't know what they think about Jaden McDaniels. Interviews are going to be critical for him.

I would heavily disagree with those scouts. That's a very loose comparison, IMO. Bey hasn't shown much side-to-side shake and hasn't shown any deep range on his 3-pt shooting. He projects to be nowhere near the defender that Middleton is, IMO. Average defender at best, IMO.
[twitter] @thunderdustin

Return to Mock Drafts