bosFcelts 2009 NBA Mock Draft

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

bosFcelts 2009 NBA Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Draft Day Mock Draft - Last Update (unless more trades occur.)

Indicates trade/selling of pick.

1 Los Angeles Clippers
Blake Griffin

6'10" PF, Oklahoma

2 Memphis Grizzlies
Hasheem Thabeet

7'3" C, Connecticut
(trade the rights to Hasheem Thabeet for Minnesota Timberwolves' #5 and #18 picks, along with a future protected first round pick.)

3 Oklahoma City Thunder
James Harden

6'5" SG, Arizona State

4 Sacramento Kings
Ricky Rubio

6'5" PG, Spain

5 Minnesota Timberwolves
Jordan Hill

6'10" PF, Arizona
(trade the rights to Jordan Hill and the #18 pick, along with a future protected first round pick for Memphis Grizzlies' rights to Hasheem Thabeet.)

6 Minnesota Timberwolves
Stephen Curry

6'3" G, Davidson

7 Golden State Warriors
Tyreke Evans

6'5" G, Memphis

8 New York Knicks
Jonny Flynn

6'1" PG, Syracuse

9 Toronto Raptors
DeMar DeRozan

6'6" GF, USC

10 Milwaukee Bucks
Jrue Holiday

6'4" G, UCLA

11 New Jersey Nets
Terrence Williams

6'6" GF, Louisville

12 Charlotte Bobcats
Gerald Henderson

6'5" SG, Duke

13 Indiana Pacers
DeJuan Blair

6'7" PF, Pittsburgh

14 Phoenix Suns
Earl Clark

6'10" F, Louisville

15 Detroit Pistons
B.J. Mullens

7'1" C, Ohio State

16 Chicago Bulls
James Johnson

6'8" F, Wake Forest

17 Philadelphia 76'ers
Brandon Jennings

6'2" PG, Italy

18 Minnesota Timberwolves
Austin Daye

6'11" SF, Gonzaga
(trade the rights to Austin Daye and Jordan Hill, along with a future protected first round pick for Memphis Grizzlies' rights to Hasheem Thabeet.)

19 Atlanta Hawks
Eric Maynor

6'3" PG, VA Commonwealth

20 Utah Jazz
Tyler Hansbrough

6'10" PF, North Carolina

21 New Orleans Hornets
Chase Budinger

6'7" GF, Arizona
(New Orleans sells pick...)

22 Portland Trail Blazers
Jeff Teague

6'2" PG, Wake Forest

23 Sacramento Kings
Omri Casspi

6'9" SF, Israel

24 Dallas Mavericks
Sam Young

6'7" SF, Pittsburgh

25 Oklahoma City Thunder
Nick Calathes

6'5" G, Florida

26 Chicago Bulls
Wayne Ellington

6'5" SG, North Carolina

27 Memphis Grizzlies
Patrick Mills

6'1" PG, St. Mary's (CA)

28 Minnesota Timberwolves
Ty Lawson

6'1" PG, North Carolina

29 New York Knicks
Toney Douglas

6'2" G, Florida State

30 Cleveland Cavaliers
DeMarre Carroll

6'8" PF, Missouri
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Re: My 2009 NBA Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by john2jer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Blake Griffin's too high.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#3 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Green font...?
wtfbosh
Veteran
And1: 444

Post#4 » by wtfbosh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:02 pm

I like it, seems pretty realistic given the present stock of these guys and the needs of the particular teams in the lottery. I have a similar feeling towards Holiday as well. I think he'll go lotto once we get into workouts.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Post#5 » by Cammo101 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:30 pm

I think Jennings and Gordon are an awfully small backcourt. Harden is probably a better natural fit with Gordon. Why reach on an unproven Holiday when you could have so many other more proven guards with upside. Holiday does not have the upside to warrant this kind of reach.

All in all though, a nice mock.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#6 » by TheOGJabroni » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Cammo101 wrote:I think Jennings and Gordon are an awfully small backcourt. Harden is probably a better natural fit with Gordon. Why reach on an unproven Holiday when you could have so many other more proven guards with upside. Holiday does not have the upside to warrant this kind of reach.

All in all though, a nice mock.

I just don't see the Clippers playing Eric at point guard so no matter who he is paired with unless it was (ironically) Shaun Livingston, a backcourt with EG at the 2 will be small, although if I'm not mistaken he has a pretty long wingspan to make up for it.

Like the person above you said, I think Holiday's stock will rise a lot during the workouts. Who else do you think would be a logical choice for Golden St? I do admit that was one of the harder picks for me.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Re: bosFcelts 2009 NBA Mock Draft 

Post#7 » by TheOGJabroni » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:33 am

1. Sacramento - PF Blake Griffin
Easy number 1 pick. No surprise.

2. Washington - PG Ricky Rubio
Pretty much the next best prospect. Biggest question is if he and Agent 0 can co-exist in the same backcourt. Both need the ball in their hands a lot but with Gilbert playing off the ball, I think the Wizards will see more success.

3. LA Clippers - PG Brandon Jennings
Maybe a reach, but Brandon Jennings and Eric Gordon could form a very explosive backcourt in the future. (Could also look at Jordan Hill.)

4. Oklahoma City - C Hasheem Thabeet
Much needed inside defensive presence for OKC. If Green is going to play PF for this team, Thabeet is definitely the best match available to play down low with him. (They have plenty of offensive fire power, but they could look to draft James Harden to shore up their SG spot.)

5. Minnesota - SG James Harden
A good match with Randy Foye. Both can handle setting up the offense. (If OKC were to pick James Harden, would have to look at Thabeet to match down low with Big Al.)

6. Memphis - PF Jordan Hill
With Mayo and Gay on the wings, Conley running the show and Gasol down low, their glaring need is at PF.

7. Golden St. - G Jrue Holiday
Probably the biggest reach of the night, but these things happen. Golden St. is probably better off with Monta Ellis off the ball. Between these two and Jackson, they will be able to properly set up the team.

8. New York - G Stephen Curry
Reports are he could possibly still grow. He is 6'3" right now, any taller and he becomes much more valuable at either guard position. If New York is still dreaming big in 2010 with LeBron James, getting friend and sharpshooter Steph Curry is not a bad way to show him they are going to find the best possible pieces to surround him with.

9. Toronto - GF Demar DeRozan
He might not be VC yet, but if he even gets close to his full potential, he is going to electrify Toronto the same way Carter did a few years ago.

10. Milwaukee - SG Gerald Henderson
Some insurance for Michael Redd since he seems to become a little injury prone.

11. New Jersey - SF Earl Clark
New Jersey has a huge void at SF when you see the likes of Bobby Simmons starting. A prospect that will be able to run up and down with Devin Harris for a long time.

12. Charlotte - G Tyreke Evans
Charlotte is pretty thin at SG. Could be a decent replacement for Raja down the line. If Raymond ends up bolting, he will also be able to back up DJ Augustin and be a nice change of pace for the team as well.

13. Indiana - PF DeJuan Blair
They appear to like Jack at point guard. Rush showed he will be a good starting 2 in this league. Danny Granger is an All-Star. and Roy Hibbert is a big presence down low. DeJuan Blair will be able to do a lot of the dirty work down low and allow Hibbert's finese game to really stand out.

14. Phoenix - PG Ty Lawson
Seems like a very popular pick recently. As Nash declines, Ty will step up his game as much as needed and eventually be his replacement.

15. Detroit - C BJ Mullens
High risk/high reward type player. But if Mullens falls out of the lottery, this risk might be a little easier to swallow.

16. Chicago - SG Wayne Ellington
Even if Luol Deng returns to old form, if Ben Gordon is on his way out, the Bulls will be thin of the wings. Salmons can slide down the the 2 if Deng comes back healthy and ready to go, but Salmons will still see backup minutes at the 3, leaving plenty of minutes available the 2 guard.

17. Philadelphia - PG Jonny Flynn
Capable of taking the reins from Andre Miller whenever his time is up in Philly.

18. Minnesota - GF Chase Budinger
I could see Minnesota trading out of this pick with no true banger type C available. If not, their weakest position seems to be on the wings so Chase can at least give some competition off the bench for minutes with Rodney Carney and Corey Brewer assuming he is healthy.

19. Atlanta - PG Eric Maynor
Acie Law does not appear to be the answer after Bibby. Eric Maynor should be that guy.

20. Utah - SF James Johnson
With Boozer possibly on his way out of Utah and AK47's time in Utah seems to be overstayed, forward could be a weak position for Utah. James Johnson could learn a lot from AK47 defensively while he is still around and could eventually become his replacement.

21. New Orleans - GF Terrence Williams
NO has a lot shooters on the wings. He will be a nice complement to all of them and will be a great running mate with CP3 if the Hornets decide to pick up the pace once Peja is gone or at least out of the game.

22. Dallas - SF Austin Daye
To put it simply, who knows about Josh Howard? He is all over the place with his off the court decisions. If he is on his way out, Austin Daye is a F with tremendous potential.

23. Sacramento - PG Jeff Teague
It is not often a player of Teague's caliber slips this far but the Kings could not be more fortunate.

24. Portland - PF Tyler Hansbrough
I think Portland could use this pick in part of a package for a vet. starter. If they keep it, there really are not many holes in Portland's team that will be fixed with this late of a pick but every team can use a player like Tyler Hansbrough. A proven winner in college, could be a very valuable back up to LaMarcus.

25. Oklahoma City - SF Omri Casspi
Eventually KD will need a back up. He may stay overseas but down the line, he could be just that for OKC.

26. Chicago - PF Gani Lawal
A kid with very good potential. Could be a nice back up to Tyrus down the line.

27. Memphis - PG Patrick Mills
Memphis can use help backing up the 1-3 spots on their roster. Mils is probably the BPA and PG Conley is the the obvious choice to be replaced out of he, Mayo, and Gay.

28. Minnesota - PG Darren Collison
Should be a solid backup/fringe starter for a long time in the NBA. Will supply great defense whenever he is the game for this team.

29. LA Lakers - SG Jodie Meeks
If Meeks stays in the draft, it will probably be a mistake with the potential UK shows next year, but if he enters he could be a nice backup down the line to Kobe.

30. Cleveland - SF DaJuan Summers
The only thing Cleveland really has a desire for is finding Big Z's replacement but they will not find that this late in the draft. They take Summers here to learn under LBJ and eventually become his backup.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#8 » by john2jer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:09 pm

Buddinger would never play with Gomes, Miller, Brewer, and Foye already on the roster.

Brewer is healthy, he was actually practicing with the team towards the end of the season.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#9 » by TheOGJabroni » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:15 pm

john2jer wrote:Buddinger would never play with Gomes, Miller, Brewer, and Foye already on the roster.

Brewer is healthy, he was actually practicing with the team towards the end of the season.

Fair enough. Like I said, I could see your team trading out of this pick, but if they don't who do you like given the players available at that point through the mock?
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 am

Pretty solid. I think one thing that may be missing is Minnesota's need for a true point guard. Telfair and Ollie were our point guards last year. Foye hasn't really worked there. My intuition tells me we would consider Maynor and Teague at 18 if the draft shaked out this way.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
john2jer
RealGM

Post#11 » by john2jer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:09 pm

As the good doctor said, Eric Maynor or Jeff Teague would be ideal. Assuming Teague is a legit PG, and not just a Jason Terry clone.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#12 » by Joel Embust » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm

I like this mock. Brandon Jennings would be awesome with the Clippers. 8-)
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#13 » by old rem » Mon May 4, 2009 8:09 am

holiday is the same size as Ellis or as S Curry...except he had fewer assists and didn't shoot or score well . Actually... Holliday wasn't top 200 in assists.. Late season...big game vs Ariz St and in 33 min he has 1 pt 0 asst......not much progress.

GSW MIGHT go for Lawson or Curry but not a knows nothing/did nothing PG without a resume beyond HS...(includes Jennings)
CENSORED... No comment.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#14 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:04 pm

UPDATED Three Days Before the Draft

Italics represents a likely trade/selling of the pick.

1 Los Angeles Clippers
Blake Griffin
6'10" PF, Oklahoma

2 Memphis Grizzlies
Hasheem Thabeet
7'3" C, Connecticut

3 Oklahoma City Thunder
James Harden
6'5" SG, Arizona State

4 Sacramento Kings
Ricky Rubio
6'4" PG, Spain

5 Washington Wizards
Jordan Hill
6'10" PF, Arizona

6 Minnesota Timberwolves
Tyreke Evans
6'5" G, Memphis

7 Golden State Warriors
Jrue Holiday
6'4" G, UCLA

8 New York Knicks
Stephen Curry
6'3" G, Davidson

9 Toronto Raptors
DeMar DeRozan
6'6" GF, USC

10 Milwaukee Bucks
Jonny Flynn
6'1" PG, Syracuse

11 New Jersey Nets
Terrence Williams
6'6" GF, Louisville

12 Charlotte Bobcats
Gerald Henderson
6'5" SG, Duke

13 Indiana Pacers
DeJuan Blair
6'7" PF, Pittsburgh

14 Phoenix Suns
Earl Clark
6'10" F, Louisville

15 Detroit Pistons
B.J. Mullens
7'1" C, Ohio State

16 Chicago Bulls
James Johnson
6'8" F, Wake Forest

17 Philadelphia 76ers
Brandon Jennings
6'2" PG, Italy

Austin Daye
6'11" SF, Gonzaga

19 Atlanta Hawks
Eric Maynor
6'3" PG, VA Commonwealth

20 Utah Jazz
Tyler Hansbrough
6'10" PF, North Carolina

21 New Orleans Hornets
Chase Budinger
6'7" GF, Arizona

22 Dallas Mavericks
Sam Young
6'7" SF, Pittsburgh

23 Sacramento Kings
Omri Casspi
6'9" SF, Israel

24 Portland Trail Blazers
Jeff Teague
6'2" PG, Wake Forest

25 Oklahoma City Thunder
Nick Calathes
6'5" G, Florida

26 Chicago Bulls
Wayne Ellington
6'5" SG, North Carolina

27 Memphis Grizzlies
Patrick Mills
6'1" PG, St. Mary's (CA)

28 Minnesota Timberwolves
Ty Lawson
6'1" PG, North Carolina

29 Los Angeles Lakers
Jodie Meeks
6'4" SG, Kentucky

30 Cleveland Cavaliers
DeMarre Carroll
6'8" PF, Missouri
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#15 » by RIPskaterdude » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:46 pm

Ouch for Jennings if he falls that far.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#16 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Some PG's are bound to slip in this draft since it is so loaded with them. He has been doing a lot of talking and you would think teams are trying to stay away from headcases as much as possible.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#17 » by djthesonicsfan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:13 pm

I like it. Nice job overall. But if Ty Lawson is available at #25 Presti picks him for sure. I bet you're thinking the roster's too full of youngsters and Presti's happy to let Calathes play in Greece for a year. Ya, that's a good bet. But Watson & Atkins are already gone. Neither will be there after the trade deadline. Traded or released. And who knows about Livingston? Lawson would be an awesome pick at #25. I also like Rodrigue Beaubois, Patty Mills, Nick Calathes (as you mentioned) and Collison to a lesser extent.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#18 » by TheOGJabroni » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:23 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:I like it. Nice job overall. But if Ty Lawson is available at #25 Presti picks him for sure. I bet you're thinking the roster's too full of youngsters and Presti's happy to let Calathes play in Greece for a year. Ya, that's a good bet. But Watson & Atkins are already gone. Neither will be there after the trade deadline. Traded or released. And who knows about Livingston? Lawson would be an awesome pick at #25. I also like Rodrigue Beaubois, Patty Mills, Nick Calathes (as you mentioned) and Collison to a lesser extent.

You are exactly right in my thinking about Greece. With Westbrook taking the majority of the minutes there is not that much available minutes for Ty unless Russ slid to the 2 spot but that would be a TINY backcourt. Calathes makes it very versataile. He can shoot and guard 2's alongside Russ so that option could be very dangerous. As far as the immediate future. The fact is they do still have Livingston to play 10 minutes or so a game and also Kyle Weaver can play the point. They don't need a rookie to come in to back up Westbrook IMO. But thank you for your input. And if they do pick up James Harden he would play a lot of minutes at the 2 and would already be a great compliment to RW as well.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach

Post#19 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:27 pm

Draft Day Mock Draft - Last Update (unless more trades occur.)

Indicates trade/selling of pick.

1 Los Angeles Clippers
Blake Griffin

6'10" PF, Oklahoma

2 Memphis Grizzlies
Hasheem Thabeet

7'3" C, Connecticut
(trade the rights to Hasheem Thabeet for Minnesota Timberwolves' #5 and #18 picks, along with a future protected first round pick.)

3 Oklahoma City Thunder
James Harden

6'5" SG, Arizona State

4 Sacramento Kings
Ricky Rubio

6'5" PG, Spain

5 Minnesota Timberwolves
Jordan Hill

6'10" PF, Arizona
(trade the rights to Jordan Hill and the #18 pick, along with a future protected first round pick for Memphis Grizzlies' rights to Hasheem Thabeet.)

6 Minnesota Timberwolves
Stephen Curry

6'3" G, Davidson

7 Golden State Warriors
Tyreke Evans

6'5" G, Memphis

8 New York Knicks
Jonny Flynn

6'1" PG, Syracuse

9 Toronto Raptors
DeMar DeRozan

6'6" GF, USC

10 Milwaukee Bucks
Jrue Holiday

6'4" G, UCLA

11 New Jersey Nets
Terrence Williams

6'6" GF, Louisville

12 Charlotte Bobcats
Gerald Henderson

6'5" SG, Duke

13 Indiana Pacers
DeJuan Blair

6'7" PF, Pittsburgh

14 Phoenix Suns
Earl Clark

6'10" F, Louisville

15 Detroit Pistons
B.J. Mullens

7'1" C, Ohio State

16 Chicago Bulls
James Johnson

6'8" F, Wake Forest

17 Philadelphia 76'ers
Brandon Jennings

6'2" PG, Italy

Austin Daye

6'11" SF, Gonzaga
(trade the rights to Austin Daye and Jordan Hill, along with a future protected first round pick for Memphis Grizzlies' rights to Hasheem Thabeet.)

19 Atlanta Hawks
Eric Maynor

6'3" PG, VA Commonwealth

20 Utah Jazz
Tyler Hansbrough

6'10" PF, North Carolina

21 New Orleans Hornets
Chase Budinger

6'7" GF, Arizona
(New Orleans sells pick...)

22 Portland Trail Blazers
Jeff Teague