And1: 0

Killbuckner's Mock 

Post#1 » by killbuckner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 pm

1. CLippers take Griffin. Of course
2. Grizzlies take Thabeet. THey actually believe Presti's threat to take him
3. Minny trades #5 and #18 for Rubio.
4. Sacramento takes Evans. best guard on the board
5. OKC takes Harden. They get their player even after dropping
6. Wolves take Curry. Big huge hole at SG. the Knicks don't have anything that then can move up with
7. Warriors take Holliday. a Big PG who can play next to Ellis and crossmatch on defense.
8. Knicks take Hill. They need a mobile PF- I don't Hill at all though
9. Raptors take Flynn. They sure don't seem sold on Calderon and at this point he is great value
10. Bulls trade 16 and 26 to take Terrence Williams. I am not high on Williams but if the bulls want him this is the spot
11. Nets take Dejuan Blair. They need a force up front. I think this is a great pick
12. Bobcats take Gerald Henderson. Replacement for Bell and seems like a Brown kind of guy
13. Pacers take Ty Lawson. They get a guy who can immediately contribute at PG
14. Suns take DeRozan. Suns are looking for upside- at 14 DeRozan provides it and he will thrive uptempo
15. Pistons take Earl Clark. Clark seems like an awfully nice counter to prince.
16. Bucks take Jennings. They seem inclined to let Sessions walk and this is a great fit for a team that needs star power
17. Sixers take Jeff Teague. They appear willing to take the best PG on the board.
18. OKC takes Mullens. After dropping in the draft OKC Can afford to take a chance on some size. Harden and Mullens for Rubio is a nice trade.
19. Atlanta takes James Johnson. No PG is on the board that they love- The Hawks take the BPA since they have so many holes
20. Utah takes Austin Daye. Great value this late.
21. New Orleans takes Sam Young. Ready to produce player who can shoot from the outside.
22. Blazers take Omri Casspi. Rumor is that the Blazers traded ahead of the Kings to get him
23. Kings take Tyler Hansbrough. At this point getting a roleplayer is a great value
24. Mavs take Eric Maynor. Certainly a good value pick at this point and they need a PG.
25. Thunder take Demare Carroll. Athletic upgrade at SF.
26. Bucks take DaJuan Summers. Obviously they need a replacement SF and he can step in immediately
27. Grizzlies take Chase Budinger. Any limitations don't matter this late.
28. Wolves take Jonas Jerebko. The wolves still have plenty of picks later so they can stash Jerebko overseas for a while
29. Lakers take Nick Calathes. I think he will be a phenomenal triangle PG once he comes back over.
30. Cavs take Derrick Brown. The Cavs need to get more athletic along the front line.

I decided that trading down is a move that the Grizzlies are not smart enough to make. It just seems more like OKC's style.
Champipple
Rookie

Re: Killbuckner's Mock 

Post#2 » by Champipple » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Call me crazy, but I don't see Flynn in your mock... I think he'll drop, but not to the second round.

I like your mock draft overall. I do think Raptors take Johnson though since BC's under pressure to win now and DeRozan is more of a project.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#3 » by killbuckner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Ha. It felt like I was reaching for players. and missing a PG. thanks. Thats what I get for posting without going back and doublechecking. If someone could lock this I'll go back and redo it later.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,520

Post#4 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:11 pm

killbuckner wrote:Ha. It felt like I was reaching for players. and missing a PG. thanks. Thats what I get for posting without going back and doublechecking. If someone could lock this I'll go back and redo it later.

Just edit the post. Everything looks solid except the exclusion of Flynn.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#5 » by killbuckner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:46 pm

OK... Updated now to actually include Flynn. ugh.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by St.Nick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:20 pm

W's take Flynn over Holiday. To me the W's got their own version of Holiday in the Acie Law trade yesterday. In other words, I can't stand Holiday and think he is extremely overhyped.

Its easy...you can just switch #7 and #9, though :)
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#7 » by killbuckner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:02 pm

I guess I just don't see Flynn and Ellis as at all a good fit together. THough maybe the Warriors do care that little about defense that they don't care- you could be right about that.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#8 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 pm

There have been no rumors that we're interested in Williams. Not to my knowledge at least. If we move up, it's to take one of Johnson, Henderson, or maybe Blair.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#9 » by St.Nick » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 pm

killbuckner wrote:I guess I just don't see Flynn and Ellis as at all a good fit together. THough maybe the Warriors do care that little about defense that they don't care- you could be right about that.

I didn't say that.

But I do see Flynn as a very good change of pace guard for the W's. They need a true PG, so it'd be a nice addition.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#10 » by killbuckner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:06 pm

BrooklynBUlls- I didn't post it because of any sort of rumor- I did it because I thought that Williams would be the best fit for the Bulls. But now there is a rumor about them being interested in Williams.

The Chicago Bulls are attempting to work a trade with the New Jersey Nets for the No. 11 pick with an eye on Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams, a league source said. The Bulls currently hold the 16th and 26th picks in the first round.

Not dead on to my mock but still in the right range.
AQuintus
RealGM
And1: 2,458

Post#11 » by AQuintus » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 pm

killbuckner wrote:6. Wolves take Curry. Big huge hole at SG. the Knicks don't have anything that then can move up with

The Wolves have a "Big huge hole at SG" so they draft a Point?

DeMar DeRozan or Gerald Henderson would be better choices.

Return to Mock Drafts