Should RealGM Have Political Ads?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!

Should RealGM Have Political Ads?

Yes.
2%
No.
75%
Dont care.
23%

Total votes: 48

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,193

Re: Should RealGM Have Political Ads? 

Post#21 » by UcanUwill » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I go straight to forums, and I only see local ads based on my IP address, but yeah, if I saw pro Trump ad, I would be pissed :lol:

There are only a couple of places where I see a lot of ads. One is Facebook, because I pretty much sequester it in its own browser without the protections I usually use.

I actively click on conservative ads there, for at least two reasons:
-- I want to see what the enemies of our country are up to.
-- I don't mind draining their pay-per-click budgets a little. :)

Its amazing how intelligent and scary Internet algorithms have become. Months back I was in Copenhagen, and when I went back, maybe in one facebook post I mentioned I was there with a # maybe, and an hour later I got an ad on the internet about some concert in Denmark... THe other thing, I saw one USA celebrity mention a book on twitter, I made a comment and moved on, and a minute later on facebook I got an ad to buy that book, ad and book being translated to my first language by the way.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#22 » by chitownsalesmen » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:19 pm

please don't wake up this monster.
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,105

Post#23 » by SkyHookFTW » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm a mature adult who doesn't get triggered by political ads. I don't care who anyone supports as it is their own business, just like I don't give a damn if someone is gay, a different religion from me, believes in abortion, hates Kobe/LeBron/Embiid, or whatever. We are a diverse group with opinions and as mature posters we should recognize that. Triggered by ads? Grow up already. Or use an ad blocker. Or turn on channel 863 on Comcast and watch the NBA.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,500

Post#24 » by azcatz11 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:34 pm

SkyHookFTW wrote:I'm a mature adult who doesn't get triggered by political ads. I don't care who anyone supports as it is their own business, just like I don't give a damn if someone is gay, a different religion from me, believes in abortion, hates Kobe/LeBron/Embiid, or whatever. We are a diverse group with opinions and as mature posters we should recognize that. Triggered by ads? Grow up already. Or use an ad blocker. Or turn on channel 863 on Comcast and watch the NBA.

This
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#25 » by Moose » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:43 pm

As a private business, I think RealGM has the right to decide what ads it wants to run.
Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,435

Post#26 » by Sgt Major » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:46 pm

Never seen an ad here, thanks to uBlock Origin.
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,097

Post#27 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:52 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:I go straight to forums, and I only see local ads based on my IP address, but yeah, if I saw pro Trump ad, I would be pissed :lol:

There are only a couple of places where I see a lot of ads. One is Facebook, because I pretty much sequester it in its own browser without the protections I usually use.

I actively click on conservative ads there, for at least two reasons:
-- I want to see what the enemies of our country are up to.
-- I don't mind draining their pay-per-click budgets a little. :)

Its amazing how intelligent and scary Internet algorithms have become. Months back I was in Copenhagen, and when I went back, maybe in one facebook post I mentioned I was there with a # maybe, and an hour later I got an ad on the internet about some concert in Denmark... THe other thing, I saw one USA celebrity mention a book on twitter, I made a comment and moved on, and a minute later on facebook I got an ad to buy that book, ad and book being translated to my first language by the way.

If you used hotel WiFi, a friend's WiFi, etc., then you surely were identified as being at an IP address in Copenhagen. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
CR Reina
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 232

Post#28 » by CR Reina » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Thank you for the feedback. We have little control over the nature of political ads on the site as they run through third parties. We'll monitor what is being shown and if they become problematic in terms of truthfulness and tone, then we will look into turning them off.

Return to Feedback and Suggestions