What's going on at the Lakers board?

Want something added or changed? Let yourself be heard here!
ILikeTheGrizz
Senior
And1: 0

What's going on at the Lakers board? 

Post#1 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 am

And I'm not talking about the game tonight.

1) After several of my posts are deleted with no PM or anything, I PM Phil 2.0. He tells me he deleted my posts because they were trolling. It consisted of a several laughing smilies. I can cite numerous, numerous posts all over this board that were just smilies and I'm fairly confident none of those posters were suspended. If laughing at opinions you find outlandish is something that needs deleting, I'd point NO-KG-AI has one or two of those in the Boston Celtics- NBA Champion thread. Do we want to be consistent and unbiased? Furthermore, what is the point of 'taking it to PMs' if you can still be banned for disagreeing with mods there?

2) In this thread, a mod (milesfides) repeatedly threatens Minhee with a suspension or ban because he doesn't like his opinion. He cites things like "name-calling" first ('crybaby' and 'smartass') before eventually just spelling it out: he'd "like for [Minhee] to stop attacking the Lakers, the players, and posters." We can leave out the posters part- is calling someone a smartass an attack (only if you're not praising the Lakers! LOL)? No, the real part is he's not talking nice about the Lakers and disagreeing with a mod, which leads to...

3) This thread. Clearly, there is a legitimate argument about Kobe's legacy. However, that can only be discussed after great games of his, not average ones in a losing cause or poor ones. After those types of games, a thread like that gets locked. Not that Phil 2.0 said something like "Not now, too soon, post it next week or something please". No, he said "any more posts like this will be warned/suspended/banned". Wow.

4) A double whammy here in this thread. Or triple, maybe, depending on how you count it. Maybe more! First, we have TonyMontana's post that is quoted in the very last post, where he talked about another posters mother and called him an ignorant A55. Somehow 'ignorant A55" is okay, "smartass" and "crybaby", though, are bannable insults. I wonder why... Later in the thread we have someone banned for disagreeing about the popularity of Kobe and LeBron, where a mod tells two parties to stop. The Laker fan continues to post, baiting Farm Raid,and eventually bans him for mocking the blatant biasness in the moderating. That guy's profile shows he's still banned, over five days later.

Oh yeah? The guy whose Mom TonyMontana was talking about, who was called an "ignorant A55"? Yeah, he was suspended for responding.

And Phil 2.0? He can call people liars in other threads (for what? No one knows), but if you dare to call another mod a crybaby? You're cruising for a suspension or ban. I know there's a good ol' boy network kinda thing, where all the mods just support each other no matter what, but it might be time to actually look around. The Laker board TOS clearly says they encourage differing viewpoints, but some of their own mods aren't adhering to the guidelines that have been set down. Are they above following their own rules? Are people like TonyMontana able to blatantly and obvously break the rules while people like Minhee have to walk on eggshells to avoid being banned?

Have a consistent set of rules and follow them regardless of what the name to the left of the post is. Is that too much to ask?
eatyourchildren wrote: BTW, PER is also as good a stat as PPG
Wade3Iverson
Head Coach
And1: 2

Re: What's going on at the Lakers board? 

Post#2 » by Wade3Iverson » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:41 am

1) You said you made several posts....not just one. What were the other ones besides laughing emoicons? I bet they were in some ways inappropriate. Anyways, you're pouring salt on a wound....classless.

2)Minhee has a bad rep on the board, I think. He's always negative and no one on the board really appreciates his comments....in his own words "95% of the board doesn't like me"....hmmm, there might be a reason for that. Anyways, milfesides is good poster and I don't think he handled the situation unfairly.

3) I kind of agree, but again pouring salt over the wound. There is already another thread similar to that in the GB. Why should an outsider go onto the Laker board immediately after the loss and post it. Kind of classless again as no one on that board really wants to discuss it.

Meh.....I don't feel like looking at the rest.

Anyways, it kind of makes you look like a baby to come here and complain tbh. What's your infatuation with the board if you don't like it how it's run? Why do even bother visiting it?
The best engine in the world is the vagina -- started with one finger, self-lubricating, takes any size piston and changes it's own oil every month. Pitty it's so temperamental
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#3 » by magicfan4life05 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:01 am

wait

you were able to private message a mod?

am i the only one who cannot use pm's?
Dwight Howard on his FT struggles:

"I just think everybody needs to stop talking about it," Howard said. "There's more to life than free throws."
ILikeTheGrizz
Senior

Post#4 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:46 am

Wade3Iverson wrote:1) You said you made several rposts....not just one. What were the other ones besides laughing emoicons? I bet they were in some ways inappropriate. Anyways, you're pouring salt on a wound....classless.

You "bet" they were? You lost that bet. I made a post of laughing emoticons- something done by mods at this site. It was deleted. I didn't know if it was a bug or not. Made it again. Again it was gone. Then I asked if there was a problem, if my posts were being deleted. Then and only then was I told they were. Then I was suspend for being disrespectful- in PMs!!- to the mod who did it. That's highly unprofessional and inappropriate. You don't delete someone's posts and pretend they were never made. You don't suspend someone for a private, one-on-one conversation.

That shouldn't even need to be said. It's sad it has to be.

2)Minhee has a bad rep on the board, I think. He's always negative and no one on the board really appreciates his comments....in his own words "95% of the board doesn't like me"....hmmm, there might be a reason for that. Anyways, milfesides is good poster and I don't think he handled the situation unfairly.

Because they don't like him they have to suspend or threaten to suspend him? They have to treat him differently than they do other posters? That's the way an internet forum is normally run in your eyes? The rules shouldn't be fairly applied to all? I mean, you really just said it's okay to treat him like that because people don't like him, that's insane.

3) I kind of agree, but again pouring salt over the wound. There is already another thread similar to that in the GB. Why should an outsider go onto the Laker board immediately after the loss and post it. Kind of classless again as no one on that board really wants to discuss it.

So because they don't want to to discuss it then people need to be threatened with suspension for bringing up a legitimate basketball discussion? It's not like it was a topic about if Jeannie Buss or Vanessa Bryant was hotter.

Meh.....I don't feel like looking at the rest.

Uhhh...okay, way to have an open mind. I know you're not a mod or admin or anything, but I hope they don't have that atttude. Like a judge that hears the prosecution and then's like "yeah, I don't feel like hearing any more testimony, you guys are babies."

Anyways, it kind of makes you look like a baby to come here and complain tbh. What's your infatuation with the board if you don't like it how it's run? Why do even bother visiting it?

First, while I don't have a problem with it, that type of language would get you a warning there if you happen to be disagreeing with the mods. Second, I come here because I clearly can't bring it up there. I have no idea what tanat-0 said to TonyMontana, maybe he should be banned, but obviously so should TonyMontana himself. But I know in that same thread when Farmer tried to bring the rules into play he got banned for 'backseat modding'. If you can't bring up rules, kinda hard to say anything without an indefinite suspension, isn't it? This is exactly the place to voice those concerns.

Actually, I would think the people who actually look like babies in this situation are the ones who suspend or threaten to suspend people for disagreeing with them, while the board's own TOS says they encourage differing points of view. But not too different, or you're trolling! However, what's not trolling, according to the mods there, is someone talking about someone else's mom. That's cool, as long as he's a Laker fan.

Or, they might as well say "No non-Laker fans" and then just be open with it. "If you disagree with the mods and you're not a Laker fan (or even if you are, like Minhee, but have a very different opinion) don't post here." At least then you aren't pretending that anyone else will be treated fairly.
Se7en WoRds
Lead Assistant
Location: The thought you had don't even contemplate, Infinite like figure eight there's no escape...

Post#5 » by Se7en WoRds » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:13 pm

3) This thread. Clearly, there is a legitimate argument about Kobe's legacy. However, that can only be discussed after great games of his, not average ones in a losing cause or poor ones. After those types of games, a thread like that gets locked. Not that Phil 2.0 said something like "Not now, too soon, post it next week or something please". No, he said "any more posts like this will be warned/suspended/banned". Wow.

Do you really think waiting until right after the Lakers lost the championship is a good time to make a thread called "Kobe What Happened? His Legend Tarnished Forever"?

Did you really expect emotional Lakers fans who just lost a chip to generate good discussion on the topic? I can see why it would be easily mistaken for trolling given the time it was posted. Maybe if the original poster waited a few days for fans to cool off, then it might not have been seen as classless.
"Yo I'd rather have respect than money, no doubt
But listen to me y'all, I want the mass amount
That the Sesame Street Dracula cant Count"
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#6 » by LLcoleJ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:06 pm

ILikeTheGrizz wrote:And I'm not talking about the game tonight.

1) After several of my posts are deleted with no PM or anything, I PM Phil 2.0. He tells me he deleted my posts because they were trolling. It consisted of a several laughing smilies. I can cite numerous, numerous posts all over this board that were just smilies and I'm fairly confident none of those posters were suspended. If laughing at opinions you find outlandish is something that needs deleting, I'd point NO-KG-AI has one or two of those in the Boston Celtics- NBA Champion thread. Do we want to be consistent and unbiased? Furthermore, what is the point of 'taking it to PMs' if you can still be banned for disagreeing with mods there?

So you are upset that I deleted your well thought out -- :rofl: -- that was only going to lead to a flame war. In which you even said you made them to get a reaction out of the poster.

Also, PM's are fine. The fashion in which you conducted yourslef in said PM are not.

2) In this thread, a mod (milesfides) repeatedly threatens Minhee with a suspension or ban because he doesn't like his opinion. He cites things like "name-calling" first ('crybaby' and 'smartass') before eventually just spelling it out: he'd "like for [Minhee] to stop attacking the Lakers, the players, and posters." We can leave out the posters part- is calling someone a smartass an attack (only if you're not praising the Lakers! LOL)? No, the real part is he's not talking nice about the Lakers and disagreeing with a mod, which leads to...

First off, Minhee is a girl. We have known her for years. You are an outsider looking into a family that you know nothing about. Minhee and Miles are friends.

Again, you are just an outsider looking in.. trying to stir something up because you think I have treated you unfairly.

4) A double whammy here in this thread. Or triple, maybe, depending on how you count it. Maybe more! First, we have TonyMontana's post that is quoted in the very last post, where he talked about another posters mother and called him an ignorant A55. Somehow 'ignorant A55" is okay, "smartass" and "crybaby", though, are bannable insults. I wonder why... Later in the thread we have someone banned for disagreeing about the popularity of Kobe and LeBron, where a mod tells two parties to stop. The Laker fan continues to post, baiting Farm Raid,and eventually bans him for mocking the blatant biasness in the moderating. That guy's profile shows he's still banned, over five days later.

Actually, you are wrong again. Farm Raid was suspended for back seat modding. Probably the most clear case of back seat modding ever. When he (you) copies and pastes the rules geared toward another poster. However, he was not banned.

Oh yeah? The guy whose Mom TonyMontana was talking about, who was called an "ignorant A55"? Yeah, he was suspended for responding.

no, the poster was suspended for backseat modding. You should know it was you.

And Phil 2.0? He can call people liars in other threads (for what? No one knows), but if you dare to call another mod a crybaby? You're cruising for a suspension or ban. I know there's a good ol' boy network kinda thing, where all the mods just support each other no matter what, but it might be time to actually look around. The Laker board TOS clearly says they encourage differing viewpoints, but some of their own mods aren't adhering to the guidelines that have been set down. Are they above following their own rules? Are people like TonyMontana able to blatantly and obvously break the rules while people like Minhee have to walk on eggshells to avoid being banned?

ok FarmRaid.

Have a consistent set of rules and follow them regardless of what the name to the left of the post is. Is that too much to ask?

How about -- dont back seat moderate and dont cherry pick events and spin them to suit your agenda? Is that too much to ask?
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Wade3Iverson
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Wade3Iverson » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:13 pm

When I said "Meh.....I don't feel like looking at the rest"... I was tired and was about to sleep.

Anyways, I see where you're coming from more clearly now. But most of the posts you're talking about do nothing but instigate. They technically have a right to do what they did based on the TOS, but I see what you're talking about with consistency (which has been a problem on some boards). But do really want all mods to be consistently strict? 'Cause surely they all wont be consistently lax....
The best engine in the world is the vagina -- started with one finger, self-lubricating, takes any size piston and changes it's own oil every month. Pitty it's so temperamental
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,572

Post#8 » by hermes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:17 pm

ILikeTheGrizz wrote:It's not like it was a topic about if Jeannie Buss or Vanessa Bryant was hotter.

its totally vanessa
ILikeTheGrizz
Senior

Post#9 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:43 pm

It is totally Vanessa.

Anyway, what's cute Phil is how you accuse me of being half the people you or miles have **** with. I'm not only Farm Raid (I'm not), but I'm also tanat-Os, according to you. Am I MiamiHeatFan2004 too?

You downplayed miles threatening Minhee (who cares if it's a girl?) for almost nothing at all and ignored letting TonyMontana violate TOS whenever he wants as long as it's directed towards a non-Laker fan. You also ignored that part of the post where it was clear that laughing smilies are acceptable from some people to others but then need to be deleted on the Laker boards if it's directed at a Laker fan from a non-Laker fan.

I didn't need to you to post at all, Phil, I already know you're a bad mod. You don't need to come here and try to justify it or just plain prove it to everyone. This is for other people to maybe take a look at how you and miles are doing when it comes to moderating. Or, as I said, just put a "No non-Laker fans allowed' sign up and be upfront about it.

I mean, really, why is it for TonyMontana to make fun of someone's mother and call him an ignorant ass when Minhee needed a warning for saying someone was being a smartass? Or why is it okay for a Laker fan to continue baiting and arguing after a mod has said "enough" but when someone else shows him that he's going against the TOS they're suspended? I mean, clearly the Laker mods weren't going to bring up the TOS (ie, do their job). And under Farm Raid's (oops, I mean "my") name is says suspended. That was a week ago. How long do suspensions normally last?

Or actually, don't answer. Please don't post in here again, this isn't your board and you can't "bully" me (as if I give a **** anyway) around here. This thread wasn't to you or miles, it was about you for other people.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:55 am

ILikeTheGrizz wrote:It is totally Vanessa.

Anyway, what's cute Phil is how you accuse me of being half the people you or miles have **** with. I'm not only Farm Raid (I'm not), but I'm also tanat-Os, according to you. Am I MiamiHeatFan2004 too?

IP check is our friend and guess what? match. Anyway, more with the lies. When have I accused you of being tanat-O's?

You downplayed miles threatening Minhee (who cares if it's a girl?) for almost nothing at all and ignored letting TonyMontana violate TOS whenever he wants as long as it's directed towards a non-Laker fan. You also ignored that part of the post where it was clear that laughing smilies are acceptable from some people to others but then need to be deleted on the Laker boards if it's directed at a Laker fan from a non-Laker fan.

I didnt downplay anything. You were cherry-picking conversations to use in your smear campaign. You have ZERO histroy on Minhee and ours relationship. In addition, you have ZERO knowledge of what we do and how we warn posters behind the scense. Because, frankly, its none of your business. In fact, I am still wondering why you are crying so much? Howard Mass suspended you one time after he saw the PM you sent me. Now its just a bunch of whining about things you know nothing about.

I didn't need to you to post at all, Phil, I already know you're a bad mod. You don't need to come here and try to justify it or just plain prove it to everyone. This is for other people to maybe take a look at how you and miles are doing when it comes to moderating. Or, as I said, just put a "No non-Laker fans allowed' sign up and be upfront about it.

Great, I am glad you need to lie to get your point across.

I mean, really, why is it for TonyMontana to make fun of someone's mother and call him an ignorant ass when Minhee needed a warning for saying someone was being a smartass? Or why is it okay for a Laker fan to continue baiting and arguing after a mod has said "enough" but when someone else shows him that he's going against the TOS they're suspended? I mean, clearly the Laker mods weren't going to bring up the TOS (ie, do their job). And under Farm Raid's (oops, I mean "my") name is says suspended. That was a week ago. How long do suspensions normally last?

Maybe for the 20th time you will get it. Farm Raid, yes YOU was suspended for backseat moderating. When you posted the rules of the board directed at another poster. Do you get that ?

Or actually, don't answer. Please don't post in here again, this isn't your board and you can't "bully" me (as if I give a **** anyway) around here. This thread wasn't to you or miles, it was about you for other people.

HA... ya ok. Its for other people to show how angry you are that you and your alter-ego got suspended. well done.
ILikeTheGrizz
Senior

Post#11 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:23 am

Really? An IP check that says I'm at the cybercafe at Fort Bragg NC? Well played, me 500 other people a day!

Anyway, I already told you I know you're a bad mod, I don't know why you're here. Minhee was very publically warned for very public conversation that was quite clearly just mods picking at ****. It's obvious to anyone that actually clicks the links, so why are you talking?

When have I accused you of being tanat-O's?

no, the poster was suspended for backseat modding. You should know it was you.

No, brainchild, TonyMontana was talking about tanat-O's mother. You banned tanat-O when he responded. TonyMontana, you did nothing to. Why? Because you're clearly biased and a bad moderator. You claim to ban people for back-seat modding, but if you would enforce the rules, they probably wouldn't have to bring up the rules.

The proof is right there in those links for anyone to see. If they just don't care that you're a bad mod, that's just a poor reflection on them.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:35 am

Tanat-o's was suspended for making a very inapropriate comment about Lamar Odoms son who passed away.
You sure you want to back him up, smart guy?

Also, I really hope you put a rest to your crusade with Tony and Minhee. You have zero and I mean ZERO knowledge of the situation.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#13 » by milesfides » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:19 am

"ILikeTheGrizz," if you didn't take the comments out of context, you'd realize I gave the poster Minhee two friendly warnings to tone down the comments. Minhee ignored them. I finally gave Minhee an official warning.

Minhee was getting into a heated argument with another poster, both are long time Laker fans and posters, and Minhee told that poster "STFU" twice. I told both to tone it down and refrain from personal attacks. Minhee began to direct the personal attacks towards me. And yes, "smartass," "crybaby," "kobe homer," and attacking my character as "untrustworthy" are all personal attacks. Minhee was clearly out of control. We respect opinions on the Laker boards, and give many posters ample room to express their opinions. Minhee crossed the line several times, and I issued the poster a warning.

There's one thing we don't tolerate on the Laker boards: attacking other posters. Period.

Hope that clarifies the situation for you, and I would suggest not taking comments out of their context.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#14 » by milesfides » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:43 am

Oh, and I didn't ban or suspend - or threaten with a suspension or ban. Not once. That's not how we run the Lakers board.

I gave Minhee one warning - after two friendly reminders to tone down the personal attacks. So you've quite misunderstood and misconstrued the situation. I would appreciate it if you didn't distort and misrepresent this situation for your purposes, which seems to be to discredit the Laker mods, specifically Phil_2.0 and me.

We're not perfect, but we do our best. Unfortunately, we can't please everybody, but we do try to be fair as possible and consistent as possible. But so far, none of your comments have been very constructive. You've even taken comments out of context, in fact misrepresented them, in order to attack us.

And the fact that you've told Phil_2.0 to leave this thread - and have said numerous times that he's a "bad moderator" - seems like you just want to bash us and vent. Hardly a way to make suggestions, don't you think?
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#15 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:22 pm

ILikeTheGrizz wrote:Really? An IP check that says I'm at the cybercafe at Fort Bragg NC? Well played, me 500 other people a day!

Anyway, I already told you I know you're a bad mod, I don't know why you're here. Minhee was very publically warned for very public conversation that was quite clearly just mods picking at ****. It's obvious to anyone that actually clicks the links, so why are you talking?

When have I accused you of being tanat-O's?

FarmRaid is that you?
:wink:

Return to Feedback and Suggestions