Rudy Gobert: I've Never Been Part Of A Group That Cares About Each Other

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Rudy Gobert: I've Never Been Part Of A Group That Cares About Each Other 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 5, 2024 2:11 pm

The Minnesota Timberwolves were clearly pleased with their Game 1 victory over the Denver Nuggets. Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert says a lot of that is driven by how much the team pulls for each other to succeed.

"I’ve never been part of a group that understands each other, that cares about each other and wants to see each other shine. In this league, it’s not something that you find very often," Gobert said.

Gobert said that that the Wolves "love and trust each other" and that helps them overcome adversity, like falling behind at points against the Nuggets. The veteran center said that the process of growing together was a team was something that started last year for Minnesota, and that they've built upon it this year.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 149

Re: Rudy Gobert: I've Never Been Part Of A Group That Cares About Each Other 

Post#2 » by NUMBERICA » Sun May 5, 2024 5:09 pm

Donovan Mitchell and Quin Snyder are frauds.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,105

Post#3 » by tmorgan » Sun May 5, 2024 6:39 pm

Rudy Gobert: no one liked me in Utah. Maybe because I was a weird, prickly d-bag.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,178

Post#4 » by Dan33185 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:06 pm

tmorgan wrote:Rudy Gobert: no one liked me in Utah. Maybe because I was a weird, prickly d-bag.

People say this all the time...I've yet to see it.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,105

Post#5 » by tmorgan » Sun May 5, 2024 7:10 pm

Dan33185 wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Rudy Gobert: no one liked me in Utah. Maybe because I was a weird, prickly d-bag.

Maybe it’s like moving and changing schools as a kid. It’s a chance to reinvent yourself.
Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 198

Post#6 » by Loaf_of_bread » Sun May 5, 2024 7:36 pm

Mike conley effect, but more importantly, Anthony Edwards EFFECT. Timberwolves fan, that guy at 22 has created this culture that Rudy is eluding to. Edwards is so competitive and talented, yet humble/likeable at the same time. Just a born leader.
TacoLord
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,259

Post#7 » by TacoLord » Mon May 6, 2024 2:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a douchebag.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 81

Post#8 » by BigTex » Mon May 6, 2024 3:43 am

Maybe he’s just in a better environment. Don Nelson used to say a team can have one knucklehead, but never two.
NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 149

Post#9 » by NUMBERICA » Mon May 6, 2024 8:18 am

NUMBERICA wrote:Donovan Mitchell and Quin Snyder are frauds.
Dubs23
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#10 » by Dubs23 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:11 pm

Dan33185 wrote:

Did you not see what he did during Covid? Purposely touching all the microphones after his interview. He did it jokingly but still, shortly after several Jazz players, including DMitch, got covid.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by Dan33185 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:47 am

Dubs23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:

Did you not see what he did during Covid? Purposely touching all the microphones after his interview. He did it jokingly but still, shortly after several Jazz players, including DMitch, got covid.

Ok, and? People act like Gobert was the cause of the spread of Covid. Hate to break it to people, it was happening one way or the other.
Dubs23
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#12 » by Dubs23 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:46 pm

Dan33185 wrote:
Dubs23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:

Ok, and? People act like Gobert was the cause of the spread of Covid. Hate to break it to people, it was happening one way or the other.

It was the height of covid and no one knew much yet, so people were scared, so yes him being reckless was stupid. Now that we know more about Covid if that happened today we probably wouldn’t care, but when folks were still stuck in their homes trying everything they could to not spread the disease, it was a big deal.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by Dan33185 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:49 pm

Dubs23 wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
Dubs23 wrote:

It was the height of covid and no one knew much yet, so people were scared, so yes him being reckless was stupid. Now that we know more about Covid if that happened today we probably wouldn’t care, but when folks were still stuck in their homes trying everything they could to not spread the disease, it was a big deal.

I would argue it was before anyone knew how dangerous Covid would end up being. They were still playing games at that point, nothing had really shut down. The height of Covid would come weeks to months later.

Return to Wiretap Discussion