OG Anunoby Ruled Out For Game 3, Considered Unlikely To Play Game 4

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

OG Anunoby Ruled Out For Game 3, Considered Unlikely To Play Game 4 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 10, 2024 12:56 am

OG Anunoby has been ruled out of Game 3 by the New York Knicks with a strained left hamstring. Anunoby is also considered unlikely to play in Game 4 on Sunday.

Anunoby suffered the injury late in the third quarter of the Knicks' Game 2 victory over the Indiana Pacers, when he was planting his leg in an effort to convert a transition layup.

Via Chris Herring/ESPN

WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,369

Re: OG Anunoby Ruled Out For Game 3, Considered Unlikely To Play Game 4 

Post#2 » by WiggOuts » Fri May 10, 2024 11:06 am

after so many years its become obvious that he needs to take better care of his body, he must have a terrible diet or something. Ive never seen someone get hurt so many times with non contact injuries. Its not bad luck when it happens this often
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#3 » by phenith » Fri May 10, 2024 11:22 am

WiggOuts wrote:after so many years its become obvious that he needs to take better care of his body, he must have a terrible diet or something. Ive never seen someone get hurt so many times with non contact injuries. Its not bad luck when it happens this often

Ya, I'm not sure what the underlying issue is, but his inability to stay healthy is definitely one of the big reasons the Raps weren't interested in offering the giant contract he's likely going to get.
He may be an elite 3&D guy, but he's fragile.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,369

Post#4 » by WiggOuts » Fri May 10, 2024 11:46 am

phenith wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:after so many years its become obvious that he needs to take better care of his body, he must have a terrible diet or something. Ive never seen someone get hurt so many times with non contact injuries. Its not bad luck when it happens this often

Ya, I'm not sure what the underlying issue is, but his inability to stay healthy is definitely one of the big reasons the Raps weren't interested in offering the giant contract he's likely going to get.
He may be an elite 3&D guy, but he's fragile.

its a big reason why he hasnt reached his full potential. Dont get me wrong, hes become a very good player, but he always wanted more for himself yet any time he got on a roll something like this would inevitably happen. its like he habitually derails himself. I dont think anyone ever really stood in his way other than his own health
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:52 am

Thibs has the Knicks starters playing a million minutes. It's OG now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see either Brunson or Hart go down too.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
HaydukesRedux
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#6 » by HaydukesRedux » Fri May 10, 2024 12:00 pm

Thibs has an undermanned Knicks team at the second seed and up 2-0 in a race to the ECF.

Blaming this on a winning system doesnt make sense to me. Thibs 100% could put players on minute restrictions and enlarge the rotation...the result of which would have been both a worse seeding and an ouster already from the post season.

It isn't the perfect situation but with lesser talented rosters and that sort of hustle that is how it needs to be done. Pat Riley did the same thing, You don't change a winning formula, especially in May.

TheCage4 wrote:Thibs has the Knicks starters playing a million minutes. It's OG now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see either Brunson or Hart go down too.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 85

Post#7 » by elmdawgg69 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm

TheCage4 wrote:Thibs has the Knicks starters playing a million minutes. It's OG now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see either Brunson or Hart go down too.

lol what nonsense are you talking? OG missed half the regular season and played less than 35mpg with the Knicks. If he can’t handle that type of load, then this dude should switch genders and go to the WNBA.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#8 » by puja21 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:18 pm

Thibs had Butler/Deng playing 40+ mpg -- Deng leading the league in mins over 3 seasons and Butler playing 48 mins in 5 of 7 playoff games at one point.

He had both Wiggins and KAT both play 82 games each in back-to-back seasons -- both for 37 mpg. Taj Gibson also joined him and played 82 games and over 33 mins (in his 30s)

There have been dozens of studies on load management but the correlation to injury is VERY weak.

There is some correlating data to support an argument that fewer minutes allows for "longer" career (in age).

Even assuming that's true -- which would you rather do?

1) Have a guy like Hart use his minutes NOW to play meaningful playoff games as a star in his prime athletic years?

OR

2) Reduce Hart's minutes today and give them to Alec Burks (while paying Hart the same higher prime age salary slot now), and save him so he can have a better chance to be the 12th man at age 39 for someone else?
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,462

Post#9 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri May 10, 2024 1:32 pm

this most likely is not due to playing too many minutes. just like any other injury on the team wasnt due to minutes played.

but yea, haters keep yapping
im bout dat action boss

Return to Wiretap Discussion