Hawks Considered More Likely To Trade Trae Young Than Dejoute Murray

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Hawks Considered More Likely To Trade Trae Young Than Dejoute Murray 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 13, 2024 2:07 pm

The Atlanta Hawks are considered more likely to trade Trae Young than Dejounte Murray this offseason. The Hawks shopped Murray at this season's trade deadline, but decided not to make a deal involving him.

"The Atlanta Hawks are candidates to make a trade this offseason," said Brian Windhorst. "With likely Trae Young. I won't rule out Dejounte Murray, but I think they're keeping Dejounte Murray."

Young is believed to have more trade value across the league than Murray and is also on a far more expensive contract as the Hawks look to decrease salary. 

The Hawks won the lottery on Sunday, which allows them to reset their roster but also automatically increases their salary obligations. 

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Re: Hawks Considered More Likely To Trade Trae Young Than Dejoute Murray 

Post#2 » by beefman » Mon May 13, 2024 9:05 pm

why would the spurs want murray back? they traded him away for a reason
eureca20
Junior
And1: 82

Post#3 » by eureca20 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:11 am

beefman wrote:why would the spurs want murray back? they traded him away for a reason

It seems like the rumblings are more so on Trae than Dejounte. However I don't think just because they traded someone when they were trying to tank means they would not want the player back again later. He is 27 and they need a PG. If they are not looking to tank next year then the possible major reason they traded him is no longer a factor.

I also wouldn't be surprise if they rather keep their trade assets and sign someone like DLO instead. Or just tank for another year before you really try to go all out with trades/free agency.
Bad Bart
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#4 » by Bad Bart » Tue May 14, 2024 9:45 pm

DLO? Yikes! They need a point guard, not a ball dominant shot jacker.

eureca20 wrote:
beefman wrote:why would the spurs want murray back? they traded him away for a reason

It seems like the rumblings are more so on Trae than Dejounte. However I don't think just because they traded someone when they were trying to tank means they would not want the player back again later. He is 27 and they need a PG. If they are not looking to tank next year then the possible major reason they traded him is no longer a factor.

I also wouldn't be surprise if they rather keep their trade assets and sign someone like DLO instead. Or just tank for another year before you really try to go all out with trades/free agency.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 82

Post#5 » by eureca20 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:53 am

Bad Bart wrote:DLO? Yikes! They need a point guard, not a ball dominant shot jacker.

eureca20 wrote:

Ball dominant? I guess he could be, but he clearly has shown he is good off the ball. He has an average PG usage rate in recent seasons. He can play make with a low turnover rate. He is a good pick and roll player with Wemby. He clearly fits there. I am not saying he should be their first option, but getting him for free when you have to spend your cap anyways is not a bad option.
Bad Bart
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#6 » by Bad Bart » Wed May 15, 2024 3:59 pm

eureca20 wrote:
Bad Bart wrote:DLO? Yikes! They need a point guard, not a ball dominant shot jacker.

eureca20 wrote:

Ball dominant? I guess he could be, but he clearly has shown he is good off the ball. He has an average PG usage rate in recent seasons. He can play make with a low turnover rate. He is a good pick and roll player with Wemby. He clearly fits there. I am not saying he should be their first option, but getting him for free when you have to spend your cap anyways is not a bad option.

If he's playing point guard again, he's going to have the ball in his hands a lot more than he has on the Wolves and Lakers. They both took the ball out of his hands. I'd much rather stick with Tre Jones with Wemby and find other guys around them.

Return to Wiretap Discussion