OG Anunoby Could Return For Eastern Conference Finals If Knicks Advance

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

OG Anunoby Could Return For Eastern Conference Finals If Knicks Advance 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 15, 2024 6:56 pm

OG Anunoby has been out since Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals with a hamstring injury, but there is optimism he could return if the New York Knicks advance to the Conference Finals. Anunoby is expected to miss Game 6 at the Indiana Pacers on Friday, but could possibly play Game 7 if the series extends, or Game 1 of the next round if the Knicks advance.

“He’s out of the pool and doing some court work for the Knicks,” Brian Windhorst said Wednesday.

“If the Knicks advance, the fact that he’s already out there on the court and doing some light work makes it a possibility that the Knicks could potentially see him in the Eastern Conference Finals should they get one more victory.”

“He’s doing everything he can to try to get back ASAP but from what I was told it’s looking more likely a return for the Eastern Conference Finals, should the Knicks get there…look like that’s gonna be a realistic target date,” Chris B. Haynes of TNT said Tuesday.

According to Adam Zagoria of NJ Advance Media, Anunoby is spending at least eight hours per day rehabbing the injury. 

Via Adam Zagoria/NJ Advance Media

puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 205

Re: OG Anunoby Could Return For Eastern Conference Finals If Knicks Advance 

Post#2 » by puja21 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:According to Adam Zagoria of NJ Advance Media, Anunoby is spending at least eight hours per day rehabbing the injury

i cannot imagine "at least" 8 hours of whatever -- cryo chambers, sauna, massage etc... are going to meaningfully accelerate a hamstring recovery
RAPSinCAPS
Sophomore
And1: 212

Post#3 » by RAPSinCAPS » Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 am

They're not getting to the finals without OG. With him, yes. Because they matchup very well against Boston with OG.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Post#4 » by haste10176 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:28 am

puja21 wrote:
RealGM Wiretap wrote:According to Adam Zagoria of NJ Advance Media, Anunoby is spending at least eight hours per day rehabbing the injury

i cannot imagine "at least" 8 hours of whatever -- cryo chambers, sauna, massage etc... are going to meaningfully accelerate a hamstring recovery

I mean a day or 2 maybe but a week or 2 come on.. I dont know what grade it was but 3 to 4 weeks is normal and if you try to come back early you usually just end up the same.. Its a pity because it was always going to be fairly easy for Boston but now its become ridiculous.. The heat with no Butler they wouldnt win anyway but still that becomes a joke.. The cavs with no mitchell.. And now the knicks with a ton of players missing.. its unfortunate that the east has been boring to watch. I dont see how Boston will be prepared for the likes of Denver..
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 734

Post#5 » by Barcs » Thu May 16, 2024 2:05 pm

8 hours a day rehabbing! This dude is dedicated. The priority this off season needs to be resigning OG and keeping him and Brunson together long term. I'd like to see a max deal extension for Brunson, but I feel he's going to wait another year or so to maximize his money.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran

Post#6 » by Barcs » Thu May 16, 2024 2:07 pm

puja21 wrote:

LOL what? So the dude should just be sitting around doing nothing? He's obviously following doctor advice to try to get back sooner rather than later. Every little bit helps.
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by puja21 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:28 pm

Barcs wrote:
puja21 wrote:

LOL what? So the dude should just be sitting around doing nothing? He's obviously following doctor advice to try to get back sooner rather than later. Every little bit helps.

"what" = I'm calling bogus

This is like when the Jets GM snapped at the media for asking "are you evaluating ___ " and cut them off "we're ALWAYS evaluating EVERYTHING! down to the halftime snack"

This is the same energy -- just feed the media nonsense to print.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#8 » by nedleeds » Thu May 16, 2024 4:19 pm

Needs to spend 8 hours a day stretching. He's a walking DNP nagging injury.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#9 » by Barcs » Thu May 16, 2024 5:28 pm

puja21 wrote:
Barcs wrote:
puja21 wrote:

"what" = I'm calling bogus

This is like when the Jets GM snapped at the media for asking "are you evaluating ___ " and cut them off "we're ALWAYS evaluating EVERYTHING! down to the halftime snack"

This is the same energy -- just feed the media nonsense to print.

Apples to oranges. I've never seen anybody come out like this hating on a guy who is rehabbing and suggesting it's fake. I guess believe whatever helps you sleep at night.
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by puja21 » Mon May 20, 2024 12:59 pm

Barcs wrote:I've never seen anybody come out like this hating on a guy who is rehabbing

And you still haven't.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#11 » by Barcs » Mon May 20, 2024 3:06 pm

puja21 wrote:
Barcs wrote:I've never seen anybody come out like this hating on a guy who is rehabbing

And you still haven't.

Amazing response...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
puja21
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by puja21 » Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 pm

Barcs wrote:
puja21 wrote:

And you still haven't.

Amazing response...

what do you not understand here?

I'm not dragging OG -- I love him

I just don't buy the media feeder that any player is specifically getting 8 hours of daily treatment on a hamstring

It's not an opinion you need to be so upset about unless you're in a PR role for the KNicks
Barcs
Veteran

Post#13 » by Barcs » Wed May 22, 2024 7:28 pm

puja21 wrote:
Barcs wrote:
puja21 wrote:
And you still haven't.

Amazing response...

what do you not understand here?

I'm not dragging OG -- I love him

I just don't buy the media feeder that any player is specifically getting 8 hours of daily treatment on a hamstring

It's not an opinion you need to be so upset about unless you're in a PR role for the KNicks

You can believe whatever helps you sleep at night. These athletes have top notch medical support and doctors / athletic training staff do everything in their power to help them rehab faster. It's the nature of the beast. Assuming it's just made up is pretty silly, but hey, do you.

Return to Wiretap Discussion