DeMar DeRozan Wants To Return To Chicago

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

DeMar DeRozan Wants To Return To Chicago 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 16, 2024 1:32 pm

DeMar DeRozan's three-year contract with the Chicago Bulls is coming to an end. But DeRozan would like to extend that partnership, either via an extension or a new contract as a free agent.

"It's definitely somewhere I'd like to return to," DeRozan told Lou Williams about re-signing with the Bulls. "I think more so than anybody. When the job ain't done with me, Lou, no matter how tough the situation may look, I'm one of those guys that tries to stick it through and try to make something out of nothing."

DeRozan praised both the city and the Bulls organization.

"The city is great, I love the city. The organization been great, so it's definitely a place I'd love to return to and take care of unfinished business," DeRozan said.

Via Run It Back/Fan Duel TV

Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Re: DeMar DeRozan Wants To Return To Chicago 

Post#2 » by Billl » Thu May 16, 2024 2:26 pm

Translation - I want to get paid and the bulls are the most likely team to do it.
NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#3 » by NUMBERICA » Thu May 16, 2024 4:47 pm

“Unfinished business” = making the playoffs?
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,230

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu May 16, 2024 6:18 pm

Billl wrote:Translation - I want to get paid and the bulls are the most likely team to do it.

DeMar will get paid well wherever he signs. NBA front offices are not as pessimistic about his skill set as the people on these boards seem to be.
AlbanyKnicksFan
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#5 » by AlbanyKnicksFan » Thu May 16, 2024 6:27 pm

If he really wants to win, he'd sign with the Knicks! He'd be a great upgrade from Bodonavic and Burks.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,409

Post#6 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 16, 2024 9:46 pm

AlbanyKnicksFan wrote:If he really wants to win, he'd sign with the Knicks! He'd be a great upgrade from Bodonavic and Burks.

Not really possible to sign him unless he's taking way less than he probably thinks he's worth while also taking on a much lesser role.

He'd get 15-20 minutes tops on this healthy Knicks team. He just lead the league in minutes per game and averaged 24/5/4. Dude can still ball.
Go Knicks!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,952

Post#7 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 17, 2024 10:24 am

Scalabrine wrote:
AlbanyKnicksFan wrote:If he really wants to win, he'd sign with the Knicks! He'd be a great upgrade from Bodonavic and Burks.

Not really possible to sign him unless he's taking way less than he probably thinks he's worth while also taking on a much lesser role.

He'd get 15-20 minutes tops on this healthy Knicks team. He just lead the league in minutes per game and averaged 24/5/4. Dude can still ball.

He’d start next to OG and he’d be a perfect fit. They just can’t afford him.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 919

Post#8 » by Roy T » Fri May 17, 2024 12:25 pm

He could give San Antonio a second chance and some needed veteran presence. It just depends how much money he expects to make…
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,409

Post#9 » by Scalabrine » Fri May 17, 2024 2:08 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

He wouldn't start over Randle. You mean he'd start at the 2?
Go Knicks!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,952

Post#10 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 17, 2024 7:16 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

He wouldn't start over Randle. You mean he'd start at the 2?

They’re not getting him anyway because he’s a free agent, so this is moot. He is, however, a better player than Randle and they look very strong on paper with Brunson, DiVincenzo, DeRozan, OG, Hartenstein. Can’t happen anyway though.

Return to Wiretap Discussion