Donovan Mitchell: I'm Happy In Cleveland, I Know I've Got Decision To Make This Offseason

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Donovan Mitchell: I'm Happy In Cleveland, I Know I've Got Decision To Make This Offseason 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 17, 2024 2:27 am

The future of Donovan Mitchell with the Cleveland Cavaliers will likely be settled 

"I reached out to Donovan Mitchell today," said Adrian Wojnarowski on NBA Countdown. "And he was emphatic in telling me that he is not disgruntled with anyone or anything in Cleveland. In fact, he said to me 'I am happy in Cleveland. I've been happy since I arrived in Cleveland.'

"He thinks this team has made progress this season. Obviously, winning that best of seven first round series against the Magic to get to the Conference Semifinals for the first time since 2018.

"But as he said, he's not in this to go to the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs."

Mitchell will be offered an extension by the Cavaliers this offseason.

"Donovan Mitchell knows the question that is coming for him now in this offseason about his future in Cleveland. He said 'I know I've got decision to make this offseason. My agent and I will talk to Cleveland about that at the right time.'

"[Mitchell] emphasized 'I'm not leaving this season unhappy. I'm leaving it more determined.'"

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,206

Re: Donovan Mitchell: I'm Happy In Cleveland, I Know I've Got Decision To Make This Offseason 

Post#2 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 17, 2024 4:16 am

He wasting his time in Cleveland. THE LAKERS are the only choice here
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 150

Re: Donovan Mitchell: I'm Happy In Cleveland, I Know I've Got Decision To Make This Offseason 

Post#3 » by MitchB3 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:20 am

LAKESHOW wrote:He wasting his time in Cleveland. THE LAKERS are the only choice here

Yes, go to the Bronakers.... Where he can be the scapegoat and fall guy.(Mind you I'm a Lakers fan)
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,126

Post#4 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 am

He's thinking I already asked out from Utah, how do I ask out from Cleveland too without looking like the bad guy?
Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 448

Post#5 » by Deshaun Taden » Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 am

ChipotleWest wrote:He's thinking I already asked out from Utah, how do I ask out from Cleveland too without looking like the bad guy?

Does he need to ask out? Isn't his contract up?
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,353

Post#6 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:03 am

Deshaun Taden wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:He's thinking I already asked out from Utah, how do I ask out from Cleveland too without looking like the bad guy?

Can you not read? It basically tells you this at the start of the article:

The future of Donovan Mitchell with the Cleveland Cavaliers will likely be settled this offseason as faces a decision about an extension with the franchise. If Mitchell declines an extension offer, he could become a free agent in 2025.
Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 448

Post#7 » by Deshaun Taden » Fri May 17, 2024 10:56 am

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
Deshaun Taden wrote:

Can you not read? It basically tells you this at the start of the article:

The future of Donovan Mitchell with the Cleveland Cavaliers will likely be settled this offseason as faces a decision about an extension with the franchise. If Mitchell declines an extension offer, he could become a free agent in 2025.

It's not in the quoted post, which is how I saw it. I wasn't aware there was a longer article that isn't clearly set off at the front.

Also doesn't change the question, he doesn't have to take the extension this offseason.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 919

Post#8 » by Roy T » Fri May 17, 2024 12:13 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:He wasting his time in Cleveland. THE LAKERS are the only choice here

Laker fans be like:

Hachimura and 2 2nds for Mitchell, WHO SAYS NO?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#9 » by nedleeds » Fri May 17, 2024 1:01 pm

How about you actually play in the second round in addition to making it there before you whine about your money.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,650

Post#10 » by danfantastk32 » Fri May 17, 2024 4:41 pm

Roy T wrote:

Laker fans be like:

Hachimura and 2 2nds for Mitchell, WHO SAYS NO?

lol....Laker fan here, and I gotta admit you kinda nailed it. Trust me, it frustrates some of us as well.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Post#11 » by haste10176 » Fri May 17, 2024 5:41 pm

MitchB3 wrote:

Yes, go to the Bronakers.... Where he can be the scapegoat and fall guy.(Mind you I'm a Lakers fan)

If he doesnt play like this post season sure he can be scape goated why not?.. The reason players can get scapegoated is because of under performance too say edwards scores 40 in game 7 tommorow but the rest of the team are no shows hence you say it was everyone else not edwards and thats facts.. So the reason a superstar who always turns up at the highest level could scapegoat others is because they dont..
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,230

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri May 17, 2024 9:23 pm

haste10176 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

If he doesnt play like this post season sure he can be scape goated why not?.. The reason players can get scapegoated is because of under performance too say edwards scores 40 in game 7 tommorow but the rest of the team are no shows hence you say it was everyone else not edwards and thats facts.. So the reason a superstar who always turns up at the highest level could scapegoat others is because they dont..

When you move a player from a team where they have a USG% in the low 30's to a team where they will have a USG% in the mid 20's their stats will drop across the board, and then it becomes their fault. I promise you, Lebron will get his touches.

I have been pointing out for years that Bradley Beal and CJ McCollum are statistical twins, but Beal was a #1 in WAS and CJ has always been a #2-3. I used this as an argument as to why WAS shouldn't max Beal, but also why CJ is not as overpaid as people think. Averaging 20/4/5 as a #3 is not easy in this league. CJ is a bit overpaid, but Beal will earn $40m more than CJ over the next two seasons.

Well, Beal comes in this season and is a #3 for the first time in his career, averaging 18/4/5. If he did that on the Lakers Lebron would be telling us regularly that Beal needs to give more. Lebron did that with Love and Bosh and still does it with AD. So yes, I think that scapegoating would happen because it is in Lebron's nature to pass blame on to others. But I think it would be AD, not Mitchell, that would get the bulk of the blame. Lebron and Mitchell would get their touches and AD's USG% would fall. This season it was already the lowest since his sophomore season.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 330

Post#13 » by JKiddy » Fri May 17, 2024 10:27 pm

Yeah go to the Lakers and lose in the second round and watch LeBron leave in a year!

Return to Wiretap Discussion