Pistons Have Identified Several Contenders For President Of Basketball Operations

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Pistons Have Identified Several Contenders For President Of Basketball Operations 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 19, 2024 12:25 am

The Detroit Pistons have identified several candidates as contenders for their president of basketball operations role. Trajan Langdon, Scott Perry, Dennis Lindsey and John Hammond have all impressed in recent interviews with Pistons owner Tom Gores.

Detroit is also interested in Tim Connelly, who is currently the president of basketball operations for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Connelly reportedly has an out after this season in his deal with the Wolves.

Langdon is the New Orleans Pelicans general manager. Perry is currently working for ESPN as an analyst, and most recently worked in the New York Knicks front office. Lindsey is an advisor to the Dallas Mavericks, while Hammond holds a similar role with the Orlando Magic.

The Pistons are looking for a new front office leader. Interested candidates have been told that they will be given the ability to reshape Detroit's basketball operations department as they see fit.

Via Vince Goodwill and Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,287

Re: Pistons Have Identified Several Contenders For President Of Basketball Operations 

Post#2 » by imagump1313 » Sun May 19, 2024 4:32 am

"Contenders?" LOL

You mean human sacrifices?
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 533

Re: Pistons Have Identified Several Contenders For President Of Basketball Operations 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Sun May 19, 2024 11:48 am

It’s a tremendous opportunity for any candidate who wants to take on the challenge, and what a challenge it is.

If they are successful, it will lead to accolades and other opportunities. If they fail, well it’s the Pistons, and they’ll have a paycheck to sit home until they move onto something else.

My only reservation would be how involved is ownership. In any profession, there is nothing more frustrating than having others meddle in your work.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -V
beefman
Senior
And1: 15

Post#4 » by beefman » Sun May 19, 2024 2:16 pm

i'd rather work in media or start my own podcast than work for that team if i was a exec looking for a job.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,116

Post#5 » by Wingy » Sun May 19, 2024 4:04 pm

Arturas Karnisovas is absolutely great.

You should do everything in your power to acquire him, Detroit!!
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,231

Post#6 » by kenwood3333 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:40 pm

The Pistons might be willing to overpay for this role, just like how they did for their coaching position.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#7 » by bigmean » Mon May 20, 2024 12:24 am

I am.also available if the money is right

Return to Wiretap Discussion