Doc Rivers Doubts Giannis Anetokounmpo Will Play In Game 4

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Doc Rivers Doubts Giannis Anetokounmpo Will Play In Game 4 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks are potentially down a second superstar, with Damian Lillard battling an Achilles strain. Milwaukee coach Doc Rivers doesn't think Giannis Antetokounmpo, the first injured Bucks superstar, will be back for Game 4 either.

When asked where Antetokounmpo is at with rehabbing his strained calf, Rivers said "He’s working out tomorrow. Going to go hard, early and then we’re going to make a decision".

Rivers was asked if Antetokounmpo works out before Sunday's Game 4 if the star forward would play. Rivers didn't commit, but seemed to lean towards Antetokounmpo not playing.

"I doubt it," Rivers said. "But we’ll see."

The Indiana Pacers lead the series 2-1, with Game 4 in Indiana on Sunday. The series shifts back to Milwaukee for Game 5 on Tuesday.

Via Jamal Collier/ESPN

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,971

Re: Doc Rivers Doubts Giannis Anetokounmpo Will Play In Game 4 

Post#2 » by Cassius » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:56 pm

Doc had Mystikal prepare his end of series speech in advance:

“Ooooooooh (Uh Oh!) It ain’t my fault. Did I do that?”
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
ckman
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,260

Post#3 » by ckman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:05 am

Doc preparing his excuse for yet another postseason exit :D
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,201

Post#4 » by M2J » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 pm

I'm sure Doc would've preferred to compete for a title. Some of y'all need to get off his tip.

Crazy that Dame dealing with the same thing, they really should shut this group down. That's not going to be a 1 game injury

Return to Wiretap Discussion