Suns To Take 'Hard Look' At Coaching Change; James Jones Expected To Remain As GM

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

BigTex
Senior
And1: 81

Re: Suns To Take 'Hard Look' At Coaching Change; James Jones Expected To Remain As GM 

Post#21 » by BigTex » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:50 am

This version of the Suns is done. They need to burn it all to the ground. Trade Booker for a young stud, some first round picks, and enough expiring salary to make the deal work. Trade KD for a young rotation player, some first round picks, a d cap filler. Trade Beal fur a few very dirty jock straps, and awful contract, and a contingent second round pick (if you’re lucky). Accumulate picks, tank, and hope for the best. I don’t know anything about the GM, but based on this roster, I’d send him packing before burning it down.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Re: Suns To Take 'Hard Look' At Coaching Change; James Jones Expected To Remain As GM 

Post#22 » by puja21 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:28 pm

BigTex wrote:This version of the Suns is done. They need to burn it all to the ground. Trade Booker for a young stud, some first round picks, and enough expiring salary to make the deal work. Trade KD for a young rotation player, some first round picks, a d cap filler. Trade Beal fur a few very dirty jock straps, and awful contract, and a contingent second round pick (if you’re lucky). Accumulate picks, tank, and hope for the best. I don’t know anything about the GM, but based on this roster, I’d send him packing before burning it down.

Beal's NTC likely makes it a negative asset -- essentially untradable for a team doing a true rebuild. At least until someone comes knocking (usually in the final year)

But even if they kept Booker, trading KD, Nurk and Grayson should net enough assets to at least be a fringe playoff team while those assets develop.

The 3 firsts they have and can't trade aren't worthless -- look at Miami in the last 5 drafts, getting Jaquez 18, Jovic 27, Precious 20, Herro 13, and Bam 14.

KD's going to get you real picks and/or a real player.

Nurk and Grayson you've gotta give to contenders for "potential" -- players with a long development curve who *could* (later) become guys like Herb, Josh Hart, KCP, Melton, Caleb Martin, Strus etc...

Then you ride out Booker/Beal backcourt until Beal becomes tradeable (and/or Book demands out)
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#23 » by JKiddy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 pm

At this age who wants a disgruntled Durant?

I do not think OKC would do it unless it was a steal.

The Knicks likely would try but they would have to give up A LOT + picks.

I am unsure where he can go. Minny looks set. I do not think the Suns want what Miami has to offer. If Ingram wants out of NO then maybe they can make that deal with a few picks? The Suns seem to be screwed until the end of the decade.

Return to Wiretap Discussion