Joel Embiid Disappointed At Number Of Knicks Fans In Philadelphia

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Joel Embiid Disappointed At Number Of Knicks Fans In Philadelphia 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

Joel Embiid was mostly upset at how his team played down the stretch of the Philadelphia 76ers Game 4 loss to the New York Knicks. That lost left the Sixers on the verge of elimination, as the Knicks lead the series 3-1.

However, Embiid was also upset at the number of New York fans in the building for Games 3 and 4 of the series in Philadelphia. At various points through both games, it sounded as if the crowd was at least 50-50. Embiid called that "disappointing".

"I love our fans. Think it's unfortunate and I'm not calling them out, but it is disappointing. Obviously, you got a lot of Knicks fans and they're down the road and I've never seen it," Embiid said. "And I've been here for 10 years. Yeah, it kind of pisses me off, especially because Philly is considered a sports town. They've always shown up and I don't think that should happen. Yeah. It's not okay."

Game 5 shifts back to New York on Tuesday, with the Knicks having a chance to close out the series in front of their home fans.

Via Fred Katz/The Athletic

jk31
Rookie
And1: 686

Re: Joel Embiid Disappointed At Number Of Knicks Fans In Philadelphia 

Post#2 » by jk31 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 pm

I remember back in the 2010s when the Pacers played the Bulls in a series, there was more red than gold in Bankers Life Field House.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 157

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:14 pm

Embiid stomps on players legs and Knicks fans stomp on 76ers uni. What’s the difference?
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,804

Post#4 » by the_process » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:41 pm

Really, really, really need the -1 button.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,804

Post#5 » by the_process » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:51 pm

Hey Joel, Philly fans are kind of pissed off you're a choker.

Foul merchantry does not work in the playoffs with any kind of regularity. It's not the regular season.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#6 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:04 pm

I don’t think the Knicks would trade much for you anymore, Joel.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#7 » by GunnerWRX » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:09 pm

He should force a trade to the Warriors. Will never have that problem.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 732

Post#8 » by Barcs » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:He should force a trade to the Warriors. Will never have that problem.

Knicks fans are everywhere. The only reason teams aren't fully aware of it is because the Knicks haven't been that good in recent times and haven't played a lot of these teams in the playoffs. I think there would still be a bunch of Knicks fans if they faced Knicks in playoffs. Knicks haven't played Sixers in the playoffs since 1989.

Plus Embiid is a dirty POS. Watching him get completely shut down in the 4th despite his multiple attempts to injure Knicks players is also motivating for Knicks fans to show up and be loud.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,969

Post#9 » by Jabroni Lames » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 pm

Absolutely terrible take by Embiid.

He's calling out Philly's blue collar workers, because NYC white collar finance guys can afford playoff tickets. It's a bargain for New Yorkers, but not so much for Philly fans.

Bold Idea: Why don't the Philly owners and Sixers players chip in some money to subsidize their own fans to buy playoff tickets? Hey, what a innovative concept.... giving some money back to your own fans, instead of stuffing your own pockets and pointing your finger at people less fortunate than you.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,190

Post#10 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:24 pm

Maybe he should be disappointed at his teammates for not bringing their A game?
_BALLDONTLIE
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#11 » by _BALLDONTLIE » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:30 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:Absolutely terrible take by Embiid.

He's calling out Philly's blue collar workers, because NYC white collar finance guys can afford playoff tickets. It's a bargain for New Yorkers, but not so much for Philly fans.

Bold Idea: Why don't the Philly owners and Sixers players chip in some money to subsidize their own fans to buy playoff tickets? Hey, what a innovative concept.... giving some money back to your own fans, instead of stuffing your own pockets and pointing your finger at people less fortunate than you.

That's a reach, look at the Knicks fans who showed up in Philly.. they're the same blue collar workers, just more dedicated and deprived of any type of team success longer than Philly fans so they'll go the extra mile, literally and figuratively, to see their team play.

I think a more logical explanation is a good number of Philly fans saw the writing on the wall and had given up on the season already.

Return to Wiretap Discussion