Re: LeBron James Declines To Answer Whether Game 5 Could Be Last With Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

LeBron James Declines To Answer Whether Game 5 Could Be Last With Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 pm

After the Los Angeles Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs by the Denver Nuggets in Game 5, LeBron James was asked to consider whether he may have played his final game with the franchise.

"I'm not going to answer that," replied James.

James has until June 29 to either opt into the final year of his contract with the Lakers for $51.4 million or become an unrestricted free agent.

The Lakers will try to retain James and are prepared to even offer him a three-year, $164 million deal.

James was also asked how he will approach his decision about playing next season.

"I don't have an answer ... to be honest. I haven't given it much thought," said James.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 240

Re: LeBron James Declines To Answer Whether Game 5 Could Be Last With Lakers 

Post#2 » by tigerae » Wed May 1, 2024 4:32 am

If I were him, I would ring chance the last 2 years. Any team he wants to go to will draft/sign Bronny without any problems. I would pick the Spurs if I was in his shoes. One, he gets to play with Wemby and with Pop, but it would be a great place for Bronny to learn and maximize his potential. I also feel like the Spurs with Bron could be a huge problem for anyone.

He will most likely end up with the Lakers, but I would at least scare them in to making proper moves this time around. Get a real center to help AD, consistent 2nd/3rd option and a better bench. Also get Budenholzer, Mark Jackson or Van Gundy. A coach that has the experience of coaching a contending team and able to better utilize the players he is coaching.

In the end, they likely won't and instead make more crappy moves, but one can hope.

Return to Wiretap Discussion