Zach LaVine Ahead Of Schedule With Foot Rehab

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Zach LaVine Ahead Of Schedule With Foot Rehab 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 1, 2024 1:12 pm

Last season was a nightmare for Zach LaVine. The Chicago Bulls star guard played in only 25 games. LaVine initially missed time with knee soreness, before a right foot injury knocked him out for the season in mid-January.

The good news is that LaVine is ahead of schedule in rehabbing from what has been termed a non-union Jones fracture. The All-Star guard had a piece of bone removed from his right foot in order to promote recovery. The Bulls put a four- to six-month timeline on LaVine's recovery. He's now progressing towards on-court work at the three-month mark, which should allow LaVine to have a normal offseason training regiment.

Via KC Johnson/NBC Sports Chicago

puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Re: Zach LaVine Ahead Of Schedule With Foot Rehab 

Post#2 » by puja21 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:37 pm

Karnišovas: "Hello, Bulls beat writer KC Johnson. This is something I am sharing for you to write as a message for our fans specifically.

It is certainly NOT for other GMs to see, in hopes they keep LaVine on their radar and assess him with positive trade value when he inevitably strings together 10 healthy games before Halloween."
Rek
Senior
And1: 136

Post#3 » by Rek » Wed May 1, 2024 3:52 pm

puja21 wrote:Karnišovas: "Hello, Bulls beat writer KC Johnson. This is something I am sharing for you to write as a message for our fans specifically.

It is certainly NOT for other GMs to see, in hopes they keep LaVine on their radar and assess him with positive trade value when he inevitably strings together 10 healthy games before Halloween."

beat me to it!! :lol:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 1, 2024 6:35 pm

CHI will not consider offers of less than five 2nds, a young prospect (former 2nd round pick) and matching salary.

I'm thinking LaVine to BRK for five 2nds, Bates-Diop and Ben Simmons' expiring deal.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,975

Post#5 » by Cassius » Wed May 1, 2024 8:18 pm

Rek wrote:
puja21 wrote:Karnišovas: "Hello, Bulls beat writer KC Johnson. This is something I am sharing for you to write as a message for our fans specifically.

beat me to it!! :lol:

Halloween? They're trying to move him on draft night!
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#6 » by puja21 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:21 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:CHI will not consider offers of less than five 2nds, a young prospect (former 2nd round pick) and matching salary.

I'm thinking LaVine to BRK for five 2nds, Bates-Diop and Ben Simmons' expiring deal.

Yikes.

After Bridges return to earth, the best thing BKN could probably do is shed all the age 28+ guys and reset
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu May 2, 2024 5:36 pm

puja21 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:CHI will not consider offers of less than five 2nds, a young prospect (former 2nd round pick) and matching salary.

Yikes.

After Bridges return to earth, the best thing BKN could probably do is shed all the age 28+ guys and reset

It is tough to find an NBA trade where both teams are clearly winners; and even tougher to find one where both teams are clearly losers. I may have found it!

I don't disagree with your point, but BRK doesn't own their own 1st until 2028. LaVine is an UFA in 2027. They have no reason to not try and win some games and the lEast is wide open. Claxton, Bridges and Lavine would be a nice core to develop other players around. (They really need a PG!) And if they can get LaVine to look like an All-Star again, that's a couple more picks in the bag. I personally think LaVine is on one of the worst contracts in the NBA... but BRK has nothing to lose.

Return to Wiretap Discussion