Playing With Son Bronny No Longer The Priority For LeBron James

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Playing With Son Bronny No Longer The Priority For LeBron James 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 1, 2024 1:44 pm

There's been a lot made about LeBron James desire to play with his son Bronny in the NBA. The elder James once said that was a goal of his before his career ends. Now, it seems like both father and son, and their representatives, are focused on each having success independently.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that after conversations with Rich Paul, he no longer believes that LeBron James is insisting he has to play with Bronny.

"The idea of them playing together is not a priority, it's not foremost, at least any longer, in LeBron James' mind," Wojnarowski reported.

That seems to indicate that LeBron James and his agent Rich Paul will do what's best for him without forcing a team to draft his son in the 2024 NBA Draft.

As for Bronny James, the priority is to get him in the best situation for his own development.

"Rich Paul's goal here in the pre-draft process for Bronny James is to see if there's the right developmental system or organization, a place that can take a young player like Bronny James, who went five months without playing after his heart episode certainly limited him in his season at USC," Wojnarowski said. "If he does go in the draft, he very likely would spend next year in the G League."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Re: Playing With Son Bronny No Longer The Priority For LeBron James 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:53 pm

thats a lie or he just realized hes only scoring 3 point off the bench on a bad usc team
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,338

Post#3 » by sfernald » Wed May 1, 2024 2:49 pm

Lol, throwing the son without talent off the bridge… that was quick
RoBo02
Senior
And1: 291

Post#4 » by RoBo02 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 pm

sfernald wrote:Lol, throwing the son without talent off the bridge… that was quick

They’re just trying to stop a team from drafting him before the Lakers get a chance to pick him. Lebron wants to stay with the lakers AND play with his son. This is the best way they can make that happen
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 553

Post#5 » by Ssj16 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:45 pm

RoBo02 wrote:
sfernald wrote:Lol, throwing the son without talent off the bridge… that was quick

They’re just trying to stop a team from drafting him before the Lakers get a chance to pick him. Lebron wants to stay with the lakers AND play with his son. This is the best way they can make that happen

I could see that.
Rek
Senior
And1: 136

Post#6 » by Rek » Wed May 1, 2024 4:01 pm

RoBo02 wrote:

Bingo
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,138

Post#7 » by Knick4Real » Wed May 1, 2024 4:03 pm

This kid was probably conditioned all his life that he was the "Prince" who would one day take over the league from the "King." The only problem is, he's not that good. Lebron has to realize that now and is probably trying not to embarrass him or force matters if Bronny doesn't make it to the NBA (which appears likely if they're already talking about G-League).
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#8 » by madmaxmedia » Wed May 1, 2024 4:16 pm

RoBo02 wrote:

I think the main point is to stop a team from drafting him SOLELY to try to get Lebron to sign, which was at least a plausible scenario deep into the 2nd round.

If he was actually say a 1st round prospect, a team could decide to draft him based only his own potential- which is really what's best for him in the end. There's nothing Lebron could (or should) say to dissuade that.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 334

Post#9 » by Hans1984 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:37 pm

Let's face it: Without his fathers name this guy wouldn't even make it into the league.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,992

Post#10 » by mastermixer » Wed May 1, 2024 5:31 pm

I’m a LeBron hater but I just think back at Ken Griffey Jr and Sr both playing on the same Seattle team and actually hitting back-to-back home runs! I always thought that was so cool.

I know we hate on LeBron because everything he does is so forced and calculated, but in this case I say let the guy have his moment with his son.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,798

Post#11 » by the_process » Wed May 1, 2024 5:37 pm

Rek wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:

Bingo

This is exactly correct.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,930

Post#12 » by kuclas » Wed May 1, 2024 6:35 pm

I don’t think any team will pick bronny.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,735

Post#13 » by Revived » Wed May 1, 2024 7:50 pm

RoBo02 wrote:

They’re just trying to stop a team from drafting him before the Lakers get a chance to pick him. Lebron wants to stay with the lakers AND play with his son.

So basically he wants to have his cake and eat it too.
Rek
Senior
And1: 136

Post#14 » by Rek » Wed May 1, 2024 8:06 pm

Revived wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:

They’re just trying to stop a team from drafting him before the Lakers get a chance to pick him. Lebron wants to stay with the lakers AND play with his son.

I mean, this is Bron we're discussing...
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 1, 2024 8:42 pm

Rek wrote:
Revived wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:

My guess is that Bronny doesn't want the pressure of playing with dad or the shade of being drafted solely based on who his father is. From the moment this became a story (several years ago) I wondered what Bronny wants to do. I am a professional musician and when I asked my kids if I could help their school's music department they both (respectfully) said no. It's understandable; kids want to forge their own path. Bronny need 4 years in college. He isn't close to ready.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#16 » by OxAndFox » Wed May 1, 2024 9:20 pm

Bron leaves no prisoners. :lol: What a joke.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,666

Post#17 » by Michael Jackson » Wed May 1, 2024 9:34 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Rek wrote:
Revived wrote:So basically he wants to have his cake and eat it too.

My guess is that Bronny doesn't want the pressure of playing with dad or the shade of being drafted solely based on who his father is. From the moment this became a story (several years ago) I wondered what Bronny wants to do. I am a professional musician and when I asked my kids if I could help their school's music department they both (respectfully) said no. It's understandable; kids want to forge their own path. Bronny need 4 years in college. He isn't close to ready.

Yeah I am sure he never really wanted that. Joe Hill (Stephen Kings son) changed his name because he knew if he went in as Joe King he was going to get a book deal. He went in like an average Joe though and got his deal on his own merit. Like he said he would easily get a deal, the book might suck and his career would suffer. Wasn’t until a few publications in that it was known who he was. Most people want to make their own mark. Even Billy Madison did in the end hahaha!
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#18 » by xchange55 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:00 pm

mastermixer wrote:I’m a LeBron hater but I just think back at Ken Griffey Jr and Sr both playing on the same Seattle team and actually hitting back-to-back home runs! I always thought that was so cool.

I know we hate on LeBron because everything he does is so forced and calculated, but in this case I say let the guy have his moment with his son.

The difference is both Griffey's were very talented and both big league talents. Kid Griffey was HOF level. His pops was only average to a little above average, but still a solid major leaguer. Bronny is NOT NBA caliber. If he steps on the floor with top 7-8 rotation players he's going to look bad.
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#19 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed May 1, 2024 10:22 pm

Hans1984 wrote:Let's face it: Without his fathers name this guy wouldn't even make it into the league.

Without his father's name he would probably have been a D2 college prospect.

He is no chance to make it as a professional on his own talent - not even overseas. Would not get any minutes in a league like the NBL.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,455

Post#20 » by SichtingLives » Wed May 1, 2024 10:55 pm

Shocking no one, Lebron's ego is more important than even his family.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways

Return to Wiretap Discussion