Playing With Son Bronny No Longer The Priority For LeBron James

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,008

Re: Playing With Son Bronny No Longer The Priority For LeBron James 

Post#21 » by meekrab » Wed May 1, 2024 11:10 pm

99% chance he withdraws from the draft after the combine.
mastermixer
Starter
And1: 2,991

Post#22 » by mastermixer » Wed May 1, 2024 11:34 pm

xchange55 wrote:
mastermixer wrote:I’m a LeBron hater but I just think back at Ken Griffey Jr and Sr both playing on the same Seattle team and actually hitting back-to-back home runs! I always thought that was so cool.

I know we hate on LeBron because everything he does is so forced and calculated, but in this case I say let the guy have his moment with his son.

The difference is both Griffey's were very talented and both big league talents. Kid Griffey was HOF level. His pops was only average to a little above average, but still a solid major leaguer. Bronny is NOT NBA caliber. If he steps on the floor with top 7-8 rotation players he's going to look bad.

If that’s the case then you are correct. If his son truly doesn’t belong on an NBA court then you are right and this whole thing is a farce.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,163

Post#23 » by Lalouie » Wed May 1, 2024 11:37 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BULLS**T

or reality rearing it's head. as much as lebrob wants to control things, twisting a team's arm over bronny is a really bad bad look
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#24 » by TimRobbins » Thu May 2, 2024 12:44 am

RoBo02 wrote:
sfernald wrote:Lol, throwing the son without talent off the bridge… that was quick

They’re just trying to stop a team from drafting him before the Lakers get a chance to pick him. Lebron wants to stay with the lakers AND play with his son. This is the best way they can make that happen

Not seeing this. Any team picking Bronny for non-basketball reasons would burn itself with Rich Paul. That would be a dumb move.
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,574

Post#25 » by Myth » Thu May 2, 2024 2:52 am

RoBo02 wrote:
sfernald wrote:Lol, throwing the son without talent off the bridge… that was quick

They’re just trying to stop a team from drafting him before the Lakers get a chance to pick him. Lebron wants to stay with the lakers AND play with his son. This is the best way they can make that happen

Sure, but it is more fun to imagine his son is so bad that not even his father wants to play with him.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,267

Post#26 » by CobraCommander » Thu May 2, 2024 5:56 am

Myth wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:

Sure, but it is more fun to imagine his son is so bad that not even his father wants to play with him.

Rifht this Is to keep a team from picking bronny in hopes of getting Lebron lol
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,267

Post#27 » by CobraCommander » Thu May 2, 2024 6:18 am

TimRobbins wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:

Not seeing this. Any team picking Bronny for non-basketball reasons would burn itself with Rich Paul. That would be a dumb move.

So many second rounders never play in nba - why not if it gives you a chance at Lebron ?

Lebron still giving you 25, 6, 6 lol
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,115

Post#28 » by TheBallsDeeper » Thu May 2, 2024 9:10 am

JonFromVA wrote:Woj traditionally provides two forms of information:

1) Information team execs and agents would like to have published by the media
2) Rumors they give him in exchange for the former

Which begs the question, why does Rich Paul want us to know this?

I can guarantee if there's a team he'd like to see draft Bronny and/or acquire LeBron, he's going to find a way to communicate that directly to that team.

Yeah - I don't understand how Woj is a thing.

He is a media release outlet for teams wanting to unofficially release officially information. I'm not sure why the teams do it - if Woj posts it everyone knows he is just sending out a team or NBA endorsed media release.

surely a bot can just do this - how does he get paid for it?
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#29 » by TimRobbins » Thu May 2, 2024 9:46 am

CobraCommander wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:
RoBo02 wrote:

So many second rounders never play in nba - why not if it gives you a chance at Lebron ?

Lebron still giving you 25, 6, 6 lol

Because it will burn you with Rich Paul. That's a terrible move to try to force Lebron to your team by drafting his kid.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#30 » by TheCage4 » Thu May 2, 2024 11:31 am

Sorry son, this headline is no longer keeping me in the forefront of the news. Good luck.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
WuriderX
Junior
And1: 404

Post#31 » by WuriderX » Thu May 2, 2024 12:17 pm

So Lebron doesn't want to play in China!! LOL!!
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 146

Post#32 » by Rashidi » Thu May 2, 2024 2:23 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:surely a bot can just do this

Give it a shot since it's so easy
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,722

Post#33 » by nedleeds » Thu May 2, 2024 2:28 pm

LeFlop would need d1 college eligibility because his kid is a role player on a bad USC team. Tell him to get his degree and enjoy college, he can invest his dads money.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.

Return to Wiretap Discussion