Lakers Plan To Fire Darvin Ham By End Of Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

SleepingDragon
Senior
And1: 491

Re: Lakers Plan To Fire Darvin Ham By End Of Week 

Post#21 » by SleepingDragon » Fri May 3, 2024 1:36 am

jacoby1us wrote:How the hell does Rob Pelinka not get the axe? This guy has hired several coaches and won one bubble ring with an asterik while missing the playoffs twice, eliminated in the first round twice and once in the conference finals, where is the accountability?

LeBron needs a scapegoat.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#22 » by LAKESHOW » Fri May 3, 2024 1:44 am

Say wha? He's still around? He shoulda been fired last year
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 504

Post#23 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Fri May 3, 2024 3:53 am

YourGM99 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
YourGM99 wrote:
They will have 3 tradable first round picks this summer. Also, any experienced coach would have gotten more out of this roster. Which is the route they should’ve went instead of hiring Ham who had no head coaching experience. They were up double digits 4 out of 5 games against the defending champions while maintaining a lead the majority of each of the games. Denver had no answer for the Lebron/AD pick and roll or Denver’s pick and roll offense which the lakers used when they put Lebron in the dunkers spot in game 4. Also, he fumbled around 10 regular season games when he moved Reaves and Russell in and out of the starting lineup. So I’d definitely take that bet that a better coach gets more out of this roster.

With that said, the Lakers don’t seem to be too interested in actually winning a championship or they have completely miscalculated how long Lebron would be this good and decided against making moves to improve the roster in an effort to have assets after he retires.

If Ham doesn't adjust the lineup when Dlo is slumping then he would get called out for it and be called a bad coach. If he does make changes, he's called out for it too. If the Lakers don't win a championship then Ham is bad coach. People were fine with Ham when they Lakers were making a fun in last year's playoffs, then back to he's terrible after the Denver series. All the games against Denver this year were winnable. In the end, it's up to the players to make plays at the end of the game. I'm fine with Ham moving on and think they can improve, but Denver is just better at this point.

The Lakers will only be looking for a new coach this summer because they moved on from Vogel too quickly

Was D-Lo actually slumping or was it Ham trying to see Reaves in the starting lineup with D-Lo? His reasoning for the lineup changes were not that bad but it was questionable considering you ended with the same lineup you had the previous year in the playoffs. Anyone who actually watched the games last year or this year would probably agree that the lakers were winning in spite of the Coach. I always say the best team always wins a best of 7 so yes Denver is better but I do question if they are better only because of coaching. Again, double digit leads in 4 of the 5 games. The Lakers pick and roll offense gave Denver trouble all series and I would argue that the lakers have more talent on their bench compared to Denver.

Also, I agree they gave up on Vogel too early.

I don't blame them for moving on from Ham, but this whole Lakers story in the last few seasons has been a team that has been trying to play catchup to the disastrous breakup of that championship roster & the WB trade. Anytime something goes wrong there always has to be a drastic change with the Lakers. They should have tried to retain that team, kept Vogel and ran it back for a healthy AD. Looking at it now, it looks like this AD/LeBron team had a few more years of life still left in it with how well they played Denver, they really paid a high price for those decisions.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 386

Post#24 » by hyberx » Fri May 3, 2024 5:11 am

LeBron failure playbook chapter 1: Firing coach.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#25 » by haste10176 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:08 am

heezyo2o wrote:
YourGM99 wrote:
They will have 3 tradable first round picks this summer. Also, any experienced coach would have gotten more out of this roster. Which is the route they should’ve went instead of hiring Ham who had no head coaching experience. They were up double digits 4 out of 5 games against the defending champions while maintaining a lead the majority of each of the games. Denver had no answer for the Lebron/AD pick and roll or Denver’s pick and roll offense which the lakers used when they put Lebron in the dunkers spot in game 4. Also, he fumbled around 10 regular season games when he moved Reaves and Russell in and out of the starting lineup. So I’d definitely take that bet that a better coach gets more out of this roster.

With that said, the Lakers don’t seem to be too interested in actually winning a championship or they have completely miscalculated how long Lebron would be this good and decided against making moves to improve the roster in an effort to have assets after he retires.

If Ham doesn't adjust the lineup when Dlo is slumping then he would get called out for it and be called a bad coach. If he does make changes, he's called out for it too. If the Lakers don't win a championship then Ham is bad coach. People were fine with Ham when they Lakers were making a fun in last year's playoffs, then back to he's terrible after the Denver series. All the games against Denver this year were winnable. In the end, it's up to the players to make plays at the end of the game. I'm fine with Ham moving on and think they can improve, but Denver is just better at this point.

The Lakers will only be looking for a new coach this summer because they moved on from Vogel too quickly

This whole post is laughable and dumb in the playoffs ppl were still calling him out the man ends games with multiple time outs in tow with LBJ playing big minutes he didnt even use a challenge in a close playoff game and he was playing price as a starter and benching 18mil rui. Lets not get started on playing Reddish when you absolutely could play max christie instead who is as competent defender and a far better shooter.. Ham also has zero plays out of a time out.. He is a bad coach as was luke walton btw..
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,273

Post#26 » by heezyo2o » Fri May 3, 2024 7:57 am

haste10176 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:
YourGM99 wrote:

This whole post is laughable and dumb in the playoffs ppl were still calling him out the man ends games with multiple time outs in tow with LBJ playing big minutes he didnt even use a challenge in a close playoff game and he was playing price as a starter and benching 18mil rui. Lets not get started on playing Reddish when you absolutely could play max christie instead who is as competent defender and a far better shooter.. Ham also has zero plays out of a time out.. He is a bad coach as was luke walton btw..

Ham can happily go and I like Rui, but Lakers lack shooting and Prince is one of their few shooters. Rui has a good percentage, but doesn't take many 3s. The Lakers already take the 2nd lowest number of 3pt shots in the league. They need shooters out there.

Did you want vogel fired too. Did you want Dlo traded early in the season? Ham can go, but someone is always going to get the blame.

If you're going to criticize Ham, then criticize him for lack of adjusments, not some early season crap
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,857

Post#27 » by Beethoven » Fri May 3, 2024 10:02 am

What's the delay? Do it now please.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 664

Post#28 » by FeatheryTouch » Fri May 3, 2024 11:34 am

Integral_Anomaly wrote:Dude the NBA has become completely unwatchable at this point. What a joke.

Bacause Darvin Ham is going to be fired? I'm not following your logic here...
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,043

Post#29 » by Wingy » Fri May 3, 2024 12:27 pm

FeatheryTouch wrote:
Integral_Anomaly wrote:Dude the NBA has become completely unwatchable at this point. What a joke.

Why wait so long when they’ve already decided?? Pure stupidity.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 664

Post#30 » by FeatheryTouch » Fri May 3, 2024 6:37 pm

Wingy wrote:
FeatheryTouch wrote:

Why wait so long when they’ve already decided?? Pure stupidity.

Please explain to me how the Lakers front office taking a few days to make or announce a decision on Ham makes the NBA unwatchable.

I'm struggling to see any logical reason why that minor detail makes the NBA unwatchable in any way, shape, or form.

(also I'm no fan of Pelinka but keep in mind LA previously caught flack for the early leak that Vogel was going to be let go while the Lakers were still playing in an elimination game)

Return to Wiretap Discussion