NBA Rescinds Game 1 Technical Foul To Anthony Edwards

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

NBA Rescinds Game 1 Technical Foul To Anthony Edwards 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 6, 2024 2:02 am

The NBA has rescinded a technical foul assessed to Anthony Edwards in the third quarter of the Minnesota Timberwolves Game 1 win over the Denver Nuggets.

Edwards stared at but didn't say anything to Reggie Jackson after beating him on a basket.

Edwards was shocked to be issued a technical foul on the play.

Via RealGM Staff Repot

offtherimhoops
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: NBA Rescinds Game 1 Technical Foul To Anthony Edwards 

Post#2 » by offtherimhoops » Mon May 6, 2024 3:26 am

Appreciate that the NBA went back and rescinded this, but those calls need to stop being made in the first place.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,007

Post#3 » by DCZards » Mon May 6, 2024 3:58 am

I’m fine when they call techs for real taunts…but that wasn’t one.
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 240

Post#4 » by Risk Addict » Mon May 6, 2024 4:00 am

Unbiased take: I thought he deserved the tech. I hate when they give techs for celebrating or hanging on the rim. Stating someone down deserves a tech.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,041

Post#5 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 6, 2024 4:21 am

They rescinded because he's the new face of the league. A lesser player they wouldn't
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 562

Post#6 » by Ssj16 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:09 am

I hate how soft the nba has become. I saw nothing wrong with Ant's reaction.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#7 » by danfantastk32 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:52 am

WaltFrazier wrote:They rescinded because he's the new face of the league. A lesser player they wouldn't

I have to say, that was a pretty ridiculous tech.

I'll try and take the ref's side for a second here....Ant sort of maneuvers himself to get right in front of the defender so he can stare him down....and starts backing up court. I think the ref saw the maneuvering...and his brain made the decision "oh...we got taunting here".....Ant's still there mean-muggin.....Ref's brain is telling the muscles to blow the whistle...and as Ant starts backing off, it's too late. Once the Ref blows that whistle in that moment, it's hard to go "you know what...never mind. My bad" He prob should have. But I can see how from the Ref's vantage point, Ant comes around from behind to look the guy down, and that "We'll have none of this!" neuron fired out from the Ref's brain before we all could see what a nothing-burger it actually was.

But to your point....strange they decided to shame the ref, and rescind the Tech. Seems like we all moved on. I Don't think Luka Garza get's anyone from the NBA to even look at the footage, much less throw the Ref under the bus, to correct it.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#8 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon May 6, 2024 7:37 am

yea no, that didnt have to be a tech.

these refs wildin out here. i dont know what is wrong with a staredown? you cant take out emotions, especially not in the playoffs.
im bout dat action boss
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 3,947

Post#9 » by hauntedcomputer » Mon May 6, 2024 10:45 am

WaltFrazier wrote:They rescinded because he's the new face of the league. A lesser player they wouldn't

I mean, it was taunting. He'll start getting away with whole lots of stuff now. Free pass on chair-throwing.
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
pushfloater
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#10 » by pushfloater » Mon May 6, 2024 12:58 pm

Nowadays they’re more likely to make this type of call than recognize a travel or double dribble.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Post#11 » by hippesthippo » Mon May 6, 2024 1:34 pm

I was fine with the tech. Was it borderline? Yeah, but in the moment I understand the ref calling it.

I'm not surprised it was rescinded. No way the NBA is gonna allow their new golden boy to possibly miss a game because of that. The bashing would be relentless.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 875

Post#12 » by kacey ring » Tue May 7, 2024 2:24 am

danfantastk32 wrote:

I'll try and take the ref's side for a second here....Ant sort of maneuvers himself to get right in front of the defender so he can stare him down....and starts backing up court. I think the ref saw the maneuvering...and his brain made the decision "oh...we got taunting here".....Ant's still there mean-muggin.....Ref's brain is telling the muscles to blow the whistle...and as Ant starts backing off, it's too late. Once the Ref blows that whistle in that moment, it's hard to go "you know what...never mind. My bad" He prob should have. But I can see how from the Ref's vantage point, Ant comes around from behind to look the guy down, and that "We'll have none of this!" neuron fired out from the Ref's brain before we all could see what a nothing-burger it actually was.

I agree with what you said, but it was a she and not a he that called the tech. ;)

Her name is Courtney.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Post#13 » by danfantastk32 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:15 am

kacey ring wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:

I agree with what you said, but it was a she and not a he that called the tech. ;)

Her name is Courtney.

Cool

Return to Wiretap Discussion