Suns Intend To Keep Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 146

Re: Suns Intend To Keep Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal 

Post#21 » by Rashidi » Tue May 7, 2024 7:54 pm

moocow007 wrote:SSOL Part Deux seems to make the most sense if they feel they have no options other than to go with these guys.

SSOL worked because the rest of the league wasn't doing it.

Moreover, the biggest issue Durant, Booker, and Beal all have is that they DON'T take enough threes
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,751

Post#22 » by Revived » Tue May 7, 2024 8:34 pm

cheese318 wrote:
closg00 wrote:What choice do they have but to run it back with a new supporting cast and coach?

Yea unless they trade KD there’s no real way to fix it. Trading Booker doesn’t make sense unless you were to do a complete rebuild and that makes zero sense since they have none of their future picks.

Would KD for KAT make any sense for either team? I personally think Naz Reid is just waiting for a bigger role with starter minutes. KAT would align with Bookers trajectory and age.

Suns could get back their future picks in a trade with the Nets/ Wizards.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,668

Post#23 » by Phystic » Tue May 7, 2024 10:13 pm

haste10176 wrote:
closg00 wrote:What choice do they have but to run it back with a new supporting cast and coach?

It will be the same supporting cast they signed them to two year contracts and have limited abilities to make trades in addition they need to sign grayson allen which will cost them dearly..

Allen signed an extension during the playoffs 4/$70
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#24 » by meekrab » Tue May 7, 2024 11:51 pm

MitchB3 wrote:Another 1st round exist..

Depending what moves Utah, San Antonion and Houston make, Phoenix will be lucky to avoid the play in next year.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#25 » by Temuhjan » Wed May 8, 2024 12:25 am

meekrab wrote:

Depending what moves Utah, San Antonion and Houston make, Phoenix will be lucky to avoid the play in next year.

C'mon, this team as constructed ain't gonna beat the Thunder, the Nuggets, the Timberwolves or the Mavs (hence, first round exit). And then there's Clippers and the Pelicans to contend with as well. This team is getting stuck in the middle of the league table. Is Matthew Ishbia willing to pay the second luxury tax apron for this middle of the table treadmill BS?
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#26 » by meekrab » Wed May 8, 2024 2:16 am

Temuhjan wrote:
meekrab wrote:

C'mon, this team as constructed ain't gonna beat the Thunder, the Nuggets, the Timberwolves or the Mavs (hence, first round exit). And then there's Clippers and the Pelicans to contend with as well. This team is getting stuck in the middle of the league table. Is Matthew Ishbia willing to pay the second luxury tax apron for this middle of the table treadmill BS?

Yeah, and I'm saying a first round exit is the "upside" scenario. Any sort of injury to Booker or Durant and I wouldn't be shocked if they aren't even in the playoffs.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 240

Post#27 » by tigerae » Wed May 8, 2024 8:30 am

meekrab wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:
meekrab wrote:Depending what moves Utah, San Antonion and Houston make, Phoenix will be lucky to avoid the play in next year.

Yeah, and I'm saying a first round exit is the "upside" scenario. Any sort of injury to Booker or Durant and I wouldn't be shocked if they aren't even in the playoffs.
They are just too similar to really be able to exceed. This isn't KG, Pierce and Allen or Bosh, LeBron and Wade. They are all perimeter ISO players and there is only 1 ball. I honestly liked the roster better with CP3 and Ayton along with KD and Booker. CP3 was able to facilitate, a pick and roll master with a center like Ayton would have been much more of a threat than their current lineup.

But hey, by all means, you do you.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 148

Post#28 » by MitchB3 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:00 pm

meekrab wrote:

The West is going to be a blood bath next year. I'll be surprised if any team can get 55+ wins. Phoenix keeping that core together doesn't make a difference because, you have the Grizzles coming back, you the Rockets, Spurs, Warriors, Kings, and Lakers, will be good too.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#29 » by JKiddy » Wed May 8, 2024 2:34 pm

Do you think KD wants to be on a play in team in 2025-26? This article should read "KD is about to be traded this off season" because this is complete BS.
Skipwhethers
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#30 » by Skipwhethers » Wed May 8, 2024 3:00 pm

I really like the media spin by the Suns organization that they will be noble and bravely stand their ground with their current core. They CAN'T shake up the roster even if they wanted to. There is absolutely no room financially maneuver out of their big 3 contracts and start a rebuild, nor is there a realistic market for their stars outside of Booker. No draft picks, no cap flexibility, and no future. The Suns burned the ships and now have no choice but to stand and fight (and lose).
Bad Bart
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#31 » by Bad Bart » Wed May 8, 2024 3:33 pm

BDM22 wrote:
haste10176 wrote:
Temuhjan wrote:If you keep looking, you will eventually find a team willing to part with 2 FRPs plus half of their rotation for the pleasure to pay a 35yo KD $109m over two years.

However, your team will have to pay second apron taxes while you shop around. LOL

Okc sixers and lakers would go for KD. A number of other teams too however this post season has been brutal and if it keeps going this way you dont neee fineese but players that beat you up.. Lakers with AD and LBJ can do that but neer more of those players ane putting a lot into KD wouldnt help.. OKC already will have problems in that area and 76ers would end up with 3 players on the roster l.

He put up 27/7/3 on an absurd 65% TS against the best defense in the league. He's just on a team that has a roster that was constructed like it was by a 9 year old on 2K. 3 scorers and nothing else. He'd improve basically every other team in the league by a lot.

Those numbers drop to 22.9, 5.6 and 2.8 per 36. His WS/48 over the last three playoffs: -0.026, .114 and .095.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,196

Post#32 » by shrink » Wed May 8, 2024 3:45 pm

I’m not surprised the Suns intend to keep Durant.

The real question is whether Durant intends to keep the Suns.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,063

Post#33 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 8, 2024 5:09 pm

Skipwhethers wrote:I really like the media spin by the Suns organization that they will be noble and bravely stand their ground with their current core. They CAN'T shake up the roster even if they wanted to. There is absolutely no room financially maneuver out of their big 3 contracts and start a rebuild, nor is there a realistic market for their stars outside of Booker. No draft picks, no cap flexibility, and no future. The Suns burned the ships and now have no choice but to stand and fight (and lose).

That's the thing, Suns need the kind of tweak the Mavs did getting Gafford and the other guy at deadline. But they probably can't
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#34 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 8, 2024 7:10 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Skipwhethers wrote:I really like the media spin by the Suns organization that they will be noble and bravely stand their ground with their current core. They CAN'T shake up the roster even if they wanted to. There is absolutely no room financially maneuver out of their big 3 contracts and start a rebuild, nor is there a realistic market for their stars outside of Booker. No draft picks, no cap flexibility, and no future. The Suns burned the ships and now have no choice but to stand and fight (and lose).

That's the thing, Suns need the kind of tweak the Mavs did getting Gafford and the other guy at deadline. But they probably can't

The rebuild would be around Beal. Trade Booker and KD to the highest bidder. The Suns don't control their own picks so losing doesn't help their rebuild. If they can get another 27+ PPG year out of Beal and maybe make the play in, they may eventually find a trade partner for him as well.

I honestly think CHI (LaVine) or PHX (Beal) should call BRK about Simmons. He's got one year left which gives the team three possible options: Simmons plays, he gets stretched or he expires. All three options are good for PHX or CHI... and BRK could really use an overpaid scorer. (I guess they might also trade Simmons again by the deadline.)
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#35 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 8, 2024 7:12 pm

Revived wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

Yea unless they trade KD there’s no real way to fix it. Trading Booker doesn’t make sense unless you were to do a complete rebuild and that makes zero sense since they have none of their future picks.

Would KD for KAT make any sense for either team? I personally think Naz Reid is just waiting for a bigger role with starter minutes. KAT would align with Bookers trajectory and age.

You don't need your own picks to rebuild. You need your picks to benefit from losing on purpose. How's PHI looking?
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#36 » by cheese318 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:19 am

Revived wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

Huh? Are you suggesting that BRK is going to give them their picks back? For what and who? Booker? In theory that is possible but I just do not foresee this owner trading Booker whatsoever. KD going to BRK is not happening so then you have to trade KD somewhere else and back to the original statement they do not have their own picks so they will have to do a trade that is not a rebuild or else that is when Booker will ask to leave
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion