Re: Jamal Murray Fined $100,000 For Throwing Multiple Objects Onto Floor

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Jamal Murray Fined $100,000 For Throwing Multiple Objects Onto Floor 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 8, 2024 12:30 am

Jamal Murray has been fined $100,000 for throwing multiple objects in the direction of a game official during live play.

Murray’s actions took place during the Nuggets’ 106-80 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 2 of their conference semifinals playoff series on May 6 at Ball Arena.

Via RealGM Staff Report

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Post#2 » by tigerae » Wed May 8, 2024 3:06 am

Wait, he threw multiple things not just the heat pad? The heat pad by itself warrented a suspension because he threw it at the ref and cod have caused a bad injury. But multiple items, that's crazy. Should have been an automatic suspension.

No techs for absolutely tech worthy complaining and yelling, no techs for throwing items, no suspensions. If any other coach or player would have gone to a refs face it would have been an automatic rejections, they were in the past. They were able to hit DLo in the head "after the ball was out of his hands" even though he was still in the air and like jump shooters could have gotten hurt without a foul, this is a whole new level of insane.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 208

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Wed May 8, 2024 4:34 am

tigerae wrote:Wait, he threw multiple things not just the heat pad? The heat pad by itself warrented a suspension because he threw it at the ref and cod have caused a bad injury. But multiple items, that's crazy. Should have been an automatic suspension.

No techs for absolutely tech worthy complaining and yelling, no techs for throwing items, no suspensions. If any other coach or player would have gone to a refs face it would have been an automatic rejections, they were in the past. They were able to hit DLo in the head "after the ball was out of his hands" even though he was still in the air and like jump shooters could have gotten hurt without a foul, this is a whole new level of insane.

I was with you until the end, no sympathy for the Lakers and bad calls when for years they’ve lead the league in free throws with almost twice as many as the second most team and they committed the least fouls. Even with that help LeBron and the fans still bitch about unfairness
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 944

Re: Re: Jamal Murray Fined $100,000 For Throwing Multiple Objects Onto Floor 

Post#4 » by perempe20 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:49 am

KAT's flops aren't a good ad for the league, Stern would have kicked him in the a**.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,937

Post#5 » by spree2kawhi » Wed May 8, 2024 5:06 am

perempe20 wrote:KAT's flops aren't a good ad for the league, Stern would have kicked him in the a**.

I wonder why Murray wasn’t suspended. They suspended Draymond for far less, which is still the greatest travesty in the younger history of this league.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 944

Post#6 » by perempe20 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
perempe20 wrote:KAT's flops aren't a good ad for the league, Stern would have kicked him in the a**.

I wonder why Murray wasn’t suspended. They suspended Draymond for far less, which is still the greatest travesty in the younger history of this league.

They want TV ratings, plus Murray is a star, he's protected.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Post#7 » by tigerae » Wed May 8, 2024 8:16 am

RipCityKJ wrote:
tigerae wrote:Wait, he threw multiple things not just the heat pad? The heat pad by itself warrented a suspension because he threw it at the ref and cod have caused a bad injury. But multiple items, that's crazy. Should have been an automatic suspension.

I was with you until the end, no sympathy for the Lakers and bad calls when for years they’ve lead the league in free throws with almost twice as many as the second most team and they committed the least fouls. Even with that help LeBron and the fans still bitch about unfairness
A hit on the head is a foul, regardless if the player has released the ball or not. Especially if they are still in the air like Russell was. He could have easily been injured with the fall.

Regardless of what team it is, that was an unacceptable call to blatantly get wrong, especially after reviewing it. If I was playing, after that call was over turned for that bs explanation I would make sure to hit every single player going in for a drive right after they released the ball. If we make rules on the fly then let's use them.
Greg Foster Jr.
Junior
And1: 114

Post#8 » by Greg Foster Jr. » Wed May 8, 2024 10:48 am

Good call. He doesnt have a history and no one wants star players suspended in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Big hefty fine, and then suspend if there's a next time
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,925

Post#9 » by dougthonus » Wed May 8, 2024 12:32 pm

That felt suspension worthy to me.

What is bad about it is that this isn't something that happened "in the heart of the moment", like bang bang someone shoves you and you shove them back, you are literally stewing on the side line and throw not one but two items at the ref, one of which goes onto the floor and is inches away from multiple players feet and could have caused a serious injury easily?

I get that Murray has no history and also get that they don't want to make a major suspension in the season, but this was definitely suspension worthy.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#10 » by LesGrossman » Wed May 8, 2024 12:33 pm

tigerae wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

A hit on the head is a foul, regardless if the player has released the ball or not. Especially if they are still in the air like Russell was. He could have easily been injured with the fall.

Regardless of what team it is, that was an unacceptable call to blatantly get wrong, especially after reviewing it. If I was playing, after that call was over turned for that bs explanation I would make sure to hit every single player going in for a drive right after they released the ball. If we make rules on the fly then let's use them.

Of all people and fan groups, of course its the lakers guys who complain about a lack of calls.

Couldn’t come up with that stuff even if i tried to.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,036

Post#11 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:18 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
tigerae wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

Of all people and fan groups, of course its the lakers guys who complain about a lack of calls.

Couldn’t come up with that stuff even if i tried to.

While it's true that the Lakers get ridiculous benefit on fouls it still doesn't change the fact that opponents should not be able to whack their players after they take a shot. That is messed up.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#12 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:21 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Jamal Murray has been fined $100,000 for throwing multiple objects in the direction of a game official during live play.
Murray’s actions took place during the Nuggets’ 106-80 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 2 of their conference semifinals playoff series on May 6 at Ball Arena.Via RealGM Staff Report

Rudy Gobert got fined $100K for making a money sign at the refs. It is my understanding that Murray made that same gesture plus threw multiple items on the floor during live action. Same fine and no suspension? Something is very wrong here.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#13 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:23 pm

WTF does KAT flopping or not have to do with Murray's punishment? Also if you want to talk about flopping there are at least 50 bigger offenders than KAT in the NBA.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Wed May 8, 2024 1:25 pm

Greg Foster Jr. wrote:Good call. He doesnt have a history and no one wants star players suspended in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Big hefty fine, and then suspend if there's a next time

Bad call. He was completely out of control and his actions could have injured other players.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#15 » by puja21 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:37 pm

tigerae wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

No one cares because this isn't about that
(And there are COUNTLESS examples of Laker bias going the other direction to more than offset.)

Let it go and stay focused on this issue that the thread is about.

Murray should've been suspended because he threw multiple things and he wasn't.

Nothing to do with the Lakers.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#16 » by puja21 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:39 pm

dougthonus wrote:That felt suspension worthy to me.

What is bad about it is that this isn't something that happened "in the heart of the moment", like bang bang someone shoves you and you shove them back, you are literally stewing on the side line and throw not one but two items at the ref, one of which goes onto the floor and is inches away from multiple players feet and could have caused a serious injury easily?

I get that Murray has no history and also get that they don't want to make a major suspension in the season, but this was definitely suspension worthy.

Would upvote this more if I could.

It's Pat Bev level of "I don't care" get him out a game.

Bad look for the league to handle this so poorly
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,925

Post#17 » by dougthonus » Wed May 8, 2024 1:41 pm

puja21 wrote:No one cares because this isn't about that
(And there are COUNTLESS examples of Laker bias going the other direction to more than offset.)

Let it go and stay focused on this issue that the thread is about.

Murray should've been suspended because he threw multiple things and he wasn't.

Nothing to do with the Lakers.

Nothing is more hilarious than a Lakers fan complaining about calls. The Lakers had the #1 free throw differential in the league, and it was double the number two team. The Lakers do have a team that I think would tend to have a good free through differential, but double everyone else? No. It would seem there is a significant bias there (likely due to reputational history of LeBron/AD more than the fact that it is the Lakers).
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
beefymajesto
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#18 » by beefymajesto » Wed May 8, 2024 2:47 pm

Came here for Jamal, left thinking Lakers fans are so butt hurt they're dwelling on one call that hate to tell them, wouldn't of changed the series. Its the trade off for not being able to even breathe on lebron without a call, you get to hit the lesser players in the head. Still balances out in the lakers favour.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 734

Post#19 » by Barcs » Wed May 8, 2024 3:06 pm

He should probably be suspended but he won't be, as the Nuggets are the NBA's current golden child and there is no way the refs are going to allow them to lose to the Twolves. I expect tons of calls to go the nuggets way next game, even on the road. The refs will be out in full force protecting their babies. Be ready.

If this was the Knicks, there'd be a suspension, guaranteed.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 734

Post#20 » by Barcs » Wed May 8, 2024 3:09 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:

I don't agree that Draymond was suspended for less. He physically harmed an opponent and attacked them. Murray threw stuff in frustration as his team got blown out. Draymond Green shouldn't be in the league anymore after what he's done. Murray doesn't have a history of harming people.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Discussion