Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,153

Re: NBA's Next Media Rights Deals Closing In On $7 Billion Per Season 

Post#21 » by LiSTWithLani » Thu May 9, 2024 2:49 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:If the NBA loses the TNT broadcast, it might lose something irreplaceable. I like some of the ESPN guys, but my kids aren't interested. They are always up for watching the TNT crew. Kids are the next generation of NBA consumer. Maybe NBC will do it better. But my point is that the NBA shouldn't just be looking at $$$, but should also be asking how NBC will be presenting and promoting their product.

Obviously, the NBA should also be concerned with ease of access to games. I haven't watched a local broadcast in almost 10 years. You have to have Xfinity and pay extra for a sports package. It's actually cheaper to get League Pass, where I get to watch everyone but my local team.

Re: TNT, I could do without that crew -- love them, but it's been decades with EJ, Barkley, and the Jet -- and Shaq is just mumbles -- I mean, how much more does that show have left?

As for how NBC will be presenting and promoting their product????? ROUNDBALL ROCK, ANYONE???????
DA DA DUN DUN DA DUN DA DUN
DA DA DUN DA DUN DUN DUN DA DUN
DUN DUN
DA DA DUN DUN DA DUN DA DUN
DA DA DUN DA DUN DUN DUN DA DUN
DUN DUN
DA DA DUN DUN DAD DUN DA DUN
DA DA DUN DUN DUN DA DUN DUN DUN
DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN
DA DA DUN DA DUN DUN DA DUN
DA DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DA DUN DUN
DUN DA DUN DA DUN DA DA DA DA!!!!!!!!

Helpful post... thanks for that! :o

I had to google what roundball rock was and then I went down the rabbit hole. You're welcome...?

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,255

Post#22 » by 31to6 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:55 pm

without even clicking that link I can tell you the pageantry of John Tesh performing that song is PEAK ALPHA MALE
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#23 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu May 9, 2024 7:41 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I mean, I loved me some "Inside the NBA,with Ahmad Rashad" but other than that... that's kind of how I see the TNT broadcast, just guys hanging out, being goofy. Everyone on ESPN is yelling for no apparent reason. It's not enough to say something stupid, you've got to shout it.

Avid nba fan here... probably watched 80ish games this season... so far. I really don't follow other sports.

I attended 5 games this year, that's about average for me.

I haven't seen more than 30 minutes of the tnt crew, less of the rest.

Honestly,I just don't give a dam about the pregame or halftime crap. I watch games, and only games, mostly on LP regular season and during playoffs I tend to record and start late so I can fast fwd through commercials and definitely skip halftime. Most importantly so the last 5 minutes only take me 10 minutes to watch, not 30.

What does the halftime crew provide as far as value added? I don't see the need personally

I do occasionally watch nba TV when no particular game is on to maybe catch a highlight or two, but maybe 2 hours this season... total.

I'm on the West coast and get off work at 9:00 pm. I usually catch the end of West coast games. If it's a TNT game I'll usually hang out and watch some recap with my kids. They love that crew. Otherwise I jump over to League pass and watch an "all possessions" replay or a couple of 10-minute recaps. Obviously, everyone's experience is different.

Return to Wiretap Discussion