Rick Carlisle After Ejection: We Deserve A Fair Shot

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Rick Carlisle After Ejection: We Deserve A Fair Shot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 9, 2024 3:18 am

Rick Carlisle was ejected at the end of the Indiana Pacers' Game 2 loss at the New York Knicks. Carlisle plans on submitting video of missed calls to the league office on Thursday ahead of Game 3 back in Indiana.

"I'm always talking to our guys about not making it about the officials," said Carlisle. "But we deserve a fair shot. And there's not a consistent balance. And that's disappointing."

Carlisle was also disappointed by the officiating in Game 1, but took a more magnanimous approach with his comments to the media. 

Via RealGM Staff Report

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,523

Re: Rick Carlisle After Ejection: We Deserve A Fair Shot 

Post#2 » by gavran » Thu May 9, 2024 5:19 am

Brunson injured, OG injured, but he wants a fair shot. That was your more then fair shot.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,757

Post#3 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 12:38 pm

Play defense.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
StlHawksFan
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#4 » by StlHawksFan » Thu May 9, 2024 5:44 pm

After game 1 he whined that calls were too ticky-tacky.

After game 2 he whined that the refs were letting them play.

Clearly the refs aren't the reason his team is losing. Maybe it's because he isn't playing the giys that are doing well. Jackson is outplaying Turner. McConnell is outplaying Haliburton. Toppin is outplaying Nesmith.

But keep blaming the refs instead of looking in the mirror at your own coaching. I'm sure the Knicks will appreciate extra rest after a sweep.

Return to Wiretap Discussion