Brandon Ingram, Willie Green Had 'Minor Exchange' In Game 2 Versus Thunder

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Brandon Ingram, Willie Green Had 'Minor Exchange' In Game 2 Versus Thunder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 9, 2024 3:26 am

Brandon Ingram and Willie Green had a "minor exchange" during Game 2 of the New Orleans Pelicans' playoff series against the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to Zach Harper and Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Ingram reportedly wanted the ball more during the game.

Ingram is heading into the final year of his contract next season.

The Pelicans' forward has been linked as a possible trade candidate for the Sixers.

Via Zach Harper & Shams Charania/The Athletic

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,396

Re: Brandon Ingram, Willie Green Had 'Minor Exchange' In Game 2 Versus Thunder 

Post#2 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 9, 2024 2:02 pm

Whos saying no to a Evan Mobley (or Jarret Allen)/Carris LeVert for Brandon Ingram trade?

What about Darius Garland for Brandon Ingram?
Go Knicks!
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 322

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu May 9, 2024 3:00 pm

Scalabrine wrote:Whos saying no to a Evan Mobley (or Jarret Allen)/Carris LeVert for Brandon Ingram trade?

Garland would be a perfect fit for the Pelicans. NO and CLE would need to find a third team willing to take on CJ.

However, I don't think CLE does the deal because of Ingram's expiring deal going into next year.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,396

Post#4 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 9, 2024 3:42 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:Whos saying no to a Evan Mobley (or Jarret Allen)/Carris LeVert for Brandon Ingram trade?

Garland would be a perfect fit for the Pelicans. NO and CLE would need to find a third team willing to take on CJ.

However, I don't think CLE does the deal because of Ingram's expiring deal going into next year.

McCollum for Jonathan Isaac and Cole Anthony (or Ingles + pick)

Magic get a top flight locker room vet that can create and shoot and help guide the young team to the next level.

Pelicans
Val(resigned)/Nance
Zion/Isaac
Jones/Hawkins
Murphy/Anthony/Daniels
Garland/Alvarado/Daniels

Much more balanced team.

I agree though, the deal would have to come with a agreed on extension with Ingram and the Cavs.
Go Knicks!
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 322

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu May 9, 2024 6:42 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

McCollum for Jonathan Isaac and Cole Anthony (or Ingles + pick)

Magic get a top flight locker room vet that can create and shoot and help guide the young team to the next level.

Pelicans
Val(resigned)/Nance
Zion/Isaac
Jones/Hawkins
Murphy/Anthony/Daniels
Garland/Alvarado/Daniels

Much more balanced team.

I agree though, the deal would have to come with a agreed on extension with Ingram and the Cavs.

I like that deal for Orlando if they can't get Trae Young or DJM. I'm not sure how their fans value McCollum and whether they think he'd be worth it over keeping Isaac's defense but CJ's shooting would certainly help Orlando.

Cole Anthony would be a good backup in the event that New Orleans may not be able to keep Alvarado.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 109

Post#6 » by dubbmotta » Thu May 9, 2024 7:16 pm

I would say no, Ingram has proven he's not a winner. He complained about playing team during the Olympics now complaining about shots. You don't want to play with someone like that.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Post#7 » by puja21 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:23 pm

Cleveland doesn't even take the call for Mobley -- years of team control still on a rookie deal vs. Ingram wants to get paid instantly.
They already lack toughness (see Knicks beatdown last season). Horrible trade for Cleveland

I'm sure they would do it for Garland if Mitchell re-ups. But Garland has absolutely cratered ; doesn't' defend and can't finish in traffic and going to be +40M soon.

New Orleans might be able to get a better return than him
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,228

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu May 9, 2024 10:01 pm

puja21 wrote:

Cleveland doesn't even take the call for Mobley -- years of team control still on a rookie deal vs. Ingram wants to get paid instantly.
They already lack toughness (see Knicks beatdown last season). Horrible trade for Cleveland

I'm sure they would do it for Garland if Mitchell re-ups. But Garland has absolutely cratered ; doesn't' defend and can't finish in traffic and going to be +40M soon.

New Orleans might be able to get a better return than him

1) Nobody should want LeVert.
2) If Garland goes to NOP it creates a CJ problem. I'm sure NOP would be OK with moving on from CJ on the court but he is a big voice in their locker room. Garland is on Zion's timeline but I'm not really sure that Garland is better than CJ and he will definitely cost more. It's close enough that I would probably take CJ's leadership over Garland's youth.

Honestly, they should be trading Zion!

Return to Wiretap Discussion