Pacers Submit 78 Plays To NBA For Review From First Two Games Vs Knicks

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Pacers Submit 78 Plays To NBA For Review From First Two Games Vs Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 9, 2024 12:26 pm

Rick Carlisle was upset during the fourth quarter of the Indiana Pacers Game 2 loss at the New York Knicks. So much so, that Carlisle got ejected from the game.

Following the game, Carlisle said small market teams deserve an equal shot in. Beyond those comments, the Pacers are doubling down on their efforts to prove that the officiating favored the Knicks in the first two games of the series.

Indiana has sent the NBA league office tape of 78 plays that they feel were calls or non-calls in favor of New York. The Pacers had considered sending the NBA a tape after Game 1, but chose not to. After Game 2, Carlisle said Indiana reversed that decision.

"I can promise you that we're going to submit these tonight," Carlisle said after being ejected in the final minute when he was given two technical fouls. "New York can get ready. They'll see 'em too. I'm always talking to our guys about not making it about the officials, but we deserve a fair shot."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Re: Pacers Submit 78 Plays To NBA For Review From First Two Games Vs Knicks 

Post#2 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 9, 2024 1:50 pm

There were definitely a number bad calls / no calls.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
_BALLDONTLIE
Sophomore
And1: 163

Post#3 » by _BALLDONTLIE » Thu May 9, 2024 3:13 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:There were definitely a number bad calls / no calls.

For sure and I can definitely see why they submitted them. I hope the Knicks will do the same with the bad calls that went against them, even though there were less.

On a related note, the trend of fans always resorting to "_____ vs. refs" and blaming the result of games entirely on them is getting real tiresome though.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#4 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:42 pm

yep the NBA needs to look at this.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#5 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 4:22 pm

Cry baby BS. There are dozens of instances where Indy is fouling players all the way up the court with their full court press that doesn't get called. The refs had ZERO impact on these games with bad calls. The only play that is worth discussing is the kick ball. Outside of that, the knife cuts both ways. The Knicks are clearly the better team even with the injuries. Indiana is just soft.
:beer: RIP mags
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,140

Post#6 » by The Real Dalic » Thu May 9, 2024 4:53 pm

Just a lot of whining from Carlisle. I've watched both games entirely, and there have been bad calls both ways. I'm surprised that the Knicks don't have even more free throws than they already have with how awful the Pacers defense is.

The irony is that the Pacers would have won the ft battle this last game if not for the two techs and the two intentional fouls for four free throws to end the game. And again, this is a team that is so trash on defense that they allowed 130 again against a mediocre offense.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#7 » by TheCage4 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:11 pm

The NBA as a whole cares about the bottom line above all. NY will generate more revenue throughout the playoffs than Indy. Sorry Ricky.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,106

Post#8 » by WaltFrazier » Thu May 9, 2024 5:31 pm

Brunson is getting bumped every time up court when they press him. He should be receiving more calls
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
StlHawksFan
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#9 » by StlHawksFan » Thu May 9, 2024 7:10 pm

After game 1 he whined that calls were too ticky-tacky.

After game 2 he whined that the refs were letting them play.

There have been bad calls and missed calls on both ends. The L2M report showed more incorrect calls that helped Indiana than that helped NY. In the end it's basically a wash.

The refs aren't the reason his team is losing, it's bad coaching. Why did he put Nesmith and Turner back into the game when McConnell and Jackson were rolling?
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#10 » by Salty1 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:59 am

Why does the nba need to look at this? They know damn well. It’s the nbas money year. They’re getting bids for the next 10 years on streaming rights, do you think they want the pacers in and knicks out, hell no!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,936

Post#11 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 10, 2024 8:15 am

He really insisted on the refs awarding them possession for the Hartenstein travel that clearly was not a travel at all. This is so embarrassing :lol:
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#12 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri May 10, 2024 11:47 am

_BALLDONTLIE wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:There were definitely a number bad calls / no calls.

For sure and I can definitely see why they submitted them. I hope the Knicks will do the same with the bad calls that went against them, even though there were less.

On a related note, the trend of fans always resorting to "_____ vs. refs" and blaming the result of games entirely on them is getting real tiresome though.

I feel like there’s been a lot league wide actually. Orlando lost their series for sure but there were some terrible no calls on both sides.
I don’t think anyone can completely blame the refs for losing the game but for example Tristan Thompson blatantly running over a defender for a dunk, but then calling a tech on F. Wagner for pointing at Niang when he fell after being crossed up. Let these guys talk a little trash. It’s just become soft now.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 197

Post#13 » by 23artest23 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm

The refs have been atrocious in the Knicks/Pacers series. It's been both ways to an extent but the Pacers have definitely got the worse end of it. I hate complaining about officiating but it's absolutely nuts what I've watched in this series. Id hate to be TJ McConnell in this series because Brunson is beating the tar out of him with those shoulders. I remember watching 1 play where Brunson nails him twice really good with the shoulder as he is coming up the court which doesn't get called but then he penetrates, hits the shot, and draws the foul from IJack...couldn't help but shake my head.
StlHawksFan
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#14 » by StlHawksFan » Fri May 10, 2024 3:17 pm

23artest23 wrote:The refs have been atrocious in the Knicks/Pacers series. It's been both ways to an extent but the Pacers have definitely got the worse end of it. I hate complaining about officiating but it's absolutely nuts what I've watched in this series. Id hate to be TJ McConnell in this series because Brunson is beating the tar out of him with those shoulders. I remember watching 1 play where Brunson nails him twice really good with the shoulder as he is coming up the court which doesn't get called but then he penetrates, hits the shot, and draws the foul from IJack...couldn't help but shake my head.

Both Brunson and McConnell have a lot of contact with one another. Brunson took offense to it at one point after TJ slapped him particularly hard. They began yapping during a FT until Rick Brunson told Jalen to cool it. The refs are letting them play for the most part unless the contact affects the game directly. It's typical playoff style refereeing.

The one particular bad call was the "kicked" ball in game 1. But the L2M report from Game 1 showed that several calls were missed that benefited Indy as well. In the end, an objective observer would say that the end of game 2 was called better than game 1.

I'm not sure how Carlisle found nearly 50 plays that he said were incorrectly called - particularly since you know he's not out there looking at plays when his guys got an advantage. So he thinks that the refs blew a call for his team in 27% of the total possessions (counting offense and defense)?

Following that logic, if they also blew even half as many calls for the Knicks, that would mean he believes the refs made the wrong call about 4 times out of 10. And if the bad calls were spread evenly then the refs botched around 55% of the calls...

Now ask yourself, is that logical? Or is he just covering up for his own bad coaching decisions?

Return to Wiretap Discussion