Spurs Not Believed To Have Interest In Trading For Trae Young

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Spurs Not Believed To Have Interest In Trading For Trae Young 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 16, 2024 1:30 am

The San Antonio Spurs have expressed little interest in trading for Trae Young from the Atlanta Hawks, sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo.

The Spurs would be a logical trade partner for the Hawks considering their need for a point guard and their possession of multiple first round picks from Atlanta. 

Multiple figures with knowledge of the situation say any plans from the Spurs to acquire Young are "vastly overstated."

While Young is a very talented offensive player, he has obvious flaws, particularly on defense. Victor Wembanyama, however, could theoretically cover for Young's limitations on defense.

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

The Rainmaker
Pro Prospect
And1: 604

Re: Spurs Not Believed To Have Interest In Trading For Trae Young 

Post#2 » by The Rainmaker » Thu May 16, 2024 4:51 am

Wasn't this reported in the Wiretap weeks ago?
HaydukesRedux
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by HaydukesRedux » Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 am

I thought it weird that Pop was connected to Trae in varying reports. Doesn't seem like a Popovich guy, though WTF do I know?
fredweis
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#4 » by fredweis » Thu May 16, 2024 12:35 pm

Trae going somewhere but it's not San Antonio. If they can find a third team Trae be a good fit for the Clips over Harden/Westbrook.
TMac Culloch
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#5 » by TMac Culloch » Thu May 16, 2024 4:28 pm

You posted an opposite report saying they were the team most likely to try to trade for him last week. I think everyone in NbA media would be better served by refraining from publishing or republishing completely speculative reports
NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 150

Post#6 » by NUMBERICA » Thu May 16, 2024 4:51 pm

Trae’s team or the Hawks are really try to make fetch happen, it seems.
HaydukesRedux
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#7 » by HaydukesRedux » Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 pm

Maybe, still doesn't make them a difference maker in the west.

fredweis wrote:Trae going somewhere but it's not San Antonio. If they can find a third team Trae be a good fit for the Clips over Harden/Westbrook.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Post#8 » by haste10176 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:15 am

TMac Culloch wrote:You posted an opposite report saying they were the team most likely to try to trade for him last week. I think everyone in NbA media would be better served by refraining from publishing or republishing completely speculative reports

The report your siting is that Wemby was intrigued by the possibility and the spurs were a team with the assests to make the trade happen.. The spurs team was never referenced other than they said he doesnt seem like a pop player they also saif Wemby was not pushing for Trae..
BigTex
Senior
And1: 81

Post#9 » by BigTex » Fri May 17, 2024 7:26 am

I can’t imagine any player Pop is less likely to pursue.
TMac Culloch
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#10 » by TMac Culloch » Mon May 20, 2024 4:32 pm

haste10176 wrote:
TMac Culloch wrote:You posted an opposite report saying they were the team most likely to try to trade for him last week. I think everyone in NbA media would be better served by refraining from publishing or republishing completely speculative reports

The report your siting is that Wemby was intrigued by the possibility and the spurs were a team with the assests to make the trade happen.. The spurs team was never referenced other than they said he doesnt seem like a pop player they also saif Wemby was not pushing for Trae..

Just like the speculative reports your comment amounts to nothing. Not news. Useless speculation

Return to Wiretap Discussion