Re: Joe Burrow Suggests All-Star Break If NFL Moves To 18 Games

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Joe Burrow Suggests All-Star Break If NFL Moves To 18 Games 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 9, 2024 12:55 pm

It seems inevitable that the NFL will move to an 18-game schedule in the near future.

When Roger Goodell admitted as much recently, Joe Burrow was quick to suggest that the league also add an additional bye week.

The Cincinnati Bengals quarterback has since taken the idea further, suggesting that the NFL borrow something from the NBA schedule.

\"Maybe you could do something like, the first bye is kind of how we have it now, and the second bye everybody has it at once, and you make it like the Pro Bowl Week, like an All-Star break for the NBA,\" Burrow said. \"I don\'t know. People get paid a lot of money to have those discussions and make those decisions. But, we\'ll see how it plays out.\"

Via WLWT

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 734

Post#2 » by Barcs » Thu May 9, 2024 2:56 pm

I agree. 18 games should mean 2 bye weeks for the teams. It should also mean more thought is put into the schedule in regard to travel and road vs home games. Any team that has to play overseas or in another country, should have a bye right after or right before. I also think they should do that with Thursday night games when possible.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#3 » by Revived » Thu May 9, 2024 11:22 pm

This is not a bad idea actually.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#4 » by Charlesareed » Fri May 10, 2024 3:52 am

I like it especially with an 18 game schedule it balances out and cut down on injuries the NFL is miles ahead of other sports leagues NBA NHL & MLB
Chicago Raised me

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion