Which player would you prefer to build a franchise around?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which player would you prefer to build a franchise around? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:03 pm

1. Edwards
2. Tatum
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Re: Which player would you prefer to build a franchise around? 

Post#2 » by Embiid P » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:14 pm

As a Sixers fan, I hate to say it but Tatum. It's easier to build around a 6'8" wing than it is a barely 6 foot guard.
fredweis
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#3 » by fredweis » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:39 pm

Very different styles of play but -- in a vacuum -- I think Ant will be a more dominant force on the court.

Tatum's playing on championship caliber team on a legacy franchise in Boston with a legit running mate in Jaylen Brown.

Ant's playing on an outside championship contender in league pass games in Minnesota with KAT. IMO KAT's not the best running mate for Ant. His game doesn't unleash the best of Ant's talent.

I think Ant would flourish best playing with an All-Star caliber PG.

Twolves have changed their PG every 3 years for the last 25 years and Mike Conley's FA next summer. If the Hawks don't make it past the Play-In they're taking calls on Trae Young.

A backcourt of Ant and Trae Young would be dynamic.
jmbish87
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#4 » by jmbish87 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:19 am

Embiid P wrote:As a Sixers fan, I hate to say it but Tatum. It's easier to build around a 6'8" wing than it is a barely 6 foot guard.

Ahh yes strong logic in your argument here: Edwards being 4 inches taller than 6 foot is "barely" anything but Tatum being 4 inches taller than Edwards is EVERYTHING.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,104

Post#5 » by Embiid P » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:17 am

jmbish87 wrote:
Embiid P wrote:As a Sixers fan, I hate to say it but Tatum. It's easier to build around a 6'8" wing than it is a barely 6 foot guard.

Ahh yes strong logic in your argument here: Edwards being 4 inches taller than 6 foot is "barely" anything but Tatum being 4 inches taller than Edwards is EVERYTHING.

I honestly didn't realize that Edwards is 6'4". I thought he was closer to 6'1" or 6'2". As a Sixers fan, I see a lot more of Tatum than I do Edwards and since Boston's biggest strength at the wing positions is our biggest weakness, they always kill us there.

Until Edwards can prove himself in the playoffs, I'm still going with Tatum for now.
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#6 » by Airmax3D » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:07 pm

fredweis wrote:Very different styles of play but -- in a vacuum -- I think Ant will be a more dominant force on the court.

Tatum's playing on championship caliber team on a legacy franchise in Boston with a legit running mate in Jaylen Brown.

Ant's playing on an outside championship contender in league pass games in Minnesota with KAT. IMO KAT's not the best running mate for Ant. His game doesn't unleash the best of Ant's talent.

I think Ant would flourish best playing with an All-Star caliber PG.

Twolves have changed their PG every 3 years for the last 25 years and Mike Conley's FA next summer. If the Hawks don't make it past the Play-In they're taking calls on Trae Young.

A backcourt of Ant and Trae Young would be dynamic.

Fred, j'aime beaucoup cette idee d'associer Trae et Ant!
psundeen
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by psundeen » Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:37 pm

He's like 1 inch shorter than Kobe.

Return to Polls Discussion