Liverpool Confident Mohamed Salah Will Want To Return Next Season

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Liverpool Confident Mohamed Salah Will Want To Return Next Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm

Liverpool is calm over the future of Mohamed Salah with the club and expect him to return next season as he enters the final 12 months of his contract.

Salah refused to shake Jurgen Klopp\'s hand on Saturday before coming on a substitute.

Salah has given no indication he wishes to leave Liverpool and the club expects him to remain a critical part of their plans under Arne Slot.

Liverpool rejected a £150 million offer from Al-Ittihad last summer.

Via Andy Hunter/The Guardian

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,645

Re: Liverpool Confident Mohamed Salah Will Want To Return Next Season 

Post#2 » by danfantastk32 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:55 am

They should accept that $150mil offer, or anything like it. Salah has been a Liverpool great, but I think we've squeezed just about all the juice that we're gonna get out of him. Sound's sh**y to say, I know...but then you can talk about his compensation for that "squeezing", and I don't feel so bad saying it.

Despite any and everyone's high hopes that we're gonna get Klopp's replacement, and just 'keep on soaring' ....it hardly ever works that way. And while we did an absolutely massive job bringing in alot of youth, and moving on from older vets last offseason, we still have a couple spots to finish up (Couple of key defensive areas, for one) and Salah is on the other side of 30.

Does Salah have a couple really good years left in him? Yeah...prob does. But this is the "sell high" moment. We're gonna be in a rebuild essentially anyhow. If the Saudi's want to piss $$$ away....take it! $150mil will get some good players.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,475

Re: Liverpool Confident Mohamed Salah Will Want To Return Next Season 

Post#3 » by Foye » Mon May 6, 2024 3:04 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:They should accept that $150mil offer, or anything like it. Salah has been a Liverpool great, but I think we've squeezed just about all the juice that we're gonna get out of him. Sound's sh**y to say, I know...but then you can talk about his compensation for that "squeezing", and I don't feel so bad saying it.

Despite any and everyone's high hopes that we're gonna get Klopp's replacement, and just 'keep on soaring' ....it hardly ever works that way. And while we did an absolutely massive job bringing in alot of youth, and moving on from older vets last offseason, we still have a couple spots to finish up (Couple of key defensive areas, for one) and Salah is on the other side of 30.

Does Salah have a couple really good years left in him? Yeah...prob does. But this is the "sell high" moment. We're gonna be in a rebuild essentially anyhow. If the Saudi's want to piss $$$ away....take it! $150mil will get some good players.

Absolutely. He is 31, turning 32 next month.
If anyone offers a crazy amount of money for him you take it and run.
Even rejecting last years offer was stupid already.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion