Post#41 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:43 am

Gremz wrote:Ask Howard is more popular than Ask Gremz ever was. :(

disagree
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Re: Mass Dispatch 2.0. The Latest Happenings on The Forums 

Post#42 » by greenbeans » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:25 am

Howard I think Kohl needs to be made an example of for his inflammatory comments.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#43 » by SichtingLives » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:30 am

greenbeans wrote:Howard I think Kohl needs to be made an example of for his inflammatory comments.

I agree and he is also anti-potato, that should be noted for the judge and jury as well
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#44 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:32 am

greenbeans wrote:Howard I think Kohl needs to be made an example of for his inflammatory comments.

:dontknow: doesn't look inflamed to me
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#45 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:32 am

SichtingLives wrote:

I agree and he is also anti-potato, that should be noted for the judge and jury as well

that is just an egregious lie from someone who doesn't respect cheese
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#46 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:24 pm

World cup final in just a couple hours!

Discuss it on RealGM: viewtopic.php?f=266&t=1333628
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,177

Post#47 » by E86 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:30 pm

I'd like to nominate Moocow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#48 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 am

E86 wrote:I'd like to nominate Moocow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second this notion. Easily one of the best mods on this site.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#49 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:18 am

Your votes do not count since you posted them in the wrong thread. Howard has clear rules about how this works. PM or in the appropriate thread. Looks like Geddy wins by default.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,631

Post#50 » by kyphi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:22 am

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Your votes do not count since you posted them in the wrong thread. Howard has clear rules about how this works. PM or in the appropriate thread. Looks like Geddy wins by default.

you know, sometimes you can act like an asshat to people, but so can I 8-)
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#51 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:41 am

kyphi wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:Your votes do not count since you posted them in the wrong thread. Howard has clear rules about how this works. PM or in the appropriate thread. Looks like Geddy wins by default.

probably b/c we are Heat fans.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#52 » by HIF » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:00 pm

Important question:

When are the "soccer" emblems going to be updated so that I can place that of Leicester City proudly next to my name. Back in the Prem after 10 years away!
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#53 » by Maroko » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:40 pm

HIF wrote:Important question:

When are the "soccer" emblems going to be updated so that I can place that of Leicester City proudly next to my name. Back in the Prem after 10 years away!

NEVA ! Your cheese is too smelly :naaa:
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by kyphi » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
kyphi wrote:

probably b/c we are Heat fans.

of course not, but that's what some people say :roll:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#55 » by Revived » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 am

Maroko wrote:About the Strike Amnesty Period, i think the mods should tell that if you are going to appeal, you need to write a letter with more than 5 lines to defend your case. Last time i tried to defend my case, i was judged on the quantity instead of the quality ! This is how i felt and still feel about it. I think you should add that precision because once you have applied and got denied, you have to wait for 6 months to be allowed to do it again

I wrote probably more than 15 lines and it made no difference. Unless you have good connections with the moderating crew or the admin himself, you aren't gonna get your appeal approved.

Is it fair? Idk. But I guess should have thought about that before committing the "infraction" no matter how silly it may have been.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#56 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 am

SF88 wrote:
Maroko wrote:About the Strike Amnesty Period, i think the mods should tell that if you are going to appeal, you need to write a letter with more than 5 lines to defend your case. Last time i tried to defend my case, i was judged on the quantity instead of the quality ! This is how i felt and still feel about it. I think you should add that precision because once you have applied and got denied, you have to wait for 6 months to be allowed to do it again

I wrote probably more than 15 lines and it made no difference. Unless you have good connections with the moderating crew or the admin himself, you aren't gonna get your appeal approved.

Is it fair? Idk. But I guess should have thought about that before committing the "infraction" no matter how silly it may have been.

Just to throw it out there, I'd like to think that I have a few friends in the mod/admin crew of various boards here but I still have had my appeals rejected at least 3-5 times.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by kyphi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:04 pm

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
SF88 wrote:

Just to throw it out there, I'd like to think that I have a few friends in the mod/admin crew of various boards here but I still have had my appeals rejected at least 3-5 times.

stop being an asshat :D It's too late for me, save yourself
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM

Post#58 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:39 pm

kyphi wrote:
ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
SF88 wrote:I wrote probably more than 15 lines and it made no difference. Unless you have good connections with the moderating crew or the admin himself, you aren't gonna get your appeal approved.

stop being an asshat :D It's too late for me, save yourself

You are the best asshat I know, I just want to be like you, please.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,006

Post#59 » by tsherkin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:20 am

Guys, enough. This thread is for meaningful discourse over the contents of Howard's Mass Dispatch posts. Please take OT conversation elsewhere.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#60 » by Revived » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:11 am

Howard Mass wrote:

Instead of breaking down violations bit by bit, allow me to give everyone a simple guide towards not getting violations on our General NBA Board.

DO NOT

-Call out Moderators (For violation or locking thread)
-Direct attacks towards users or fanbases
-Make Unnecessary posts (IBTL, Your getting banned, get out of here, troll, etc.
[b]-Post Unnecessary GIFS that are meant to be jokes and thus derail discussion on the thread
[/b]

Howard, this is something that is not strictly enforced. I can go on the NBA General Board right now and find at least 3 gifs that are meant to be jokes.

Imo it shouldn't be considered an infraction but if you are going to make it a rule, its only fair that you enforce it on everyone.

I honestly have never seen a fight or argument break out over a gif cause everyone just laughs about it. If I said Dragic should be an all star and someone posted a gif like this one

I would laugh about it, not attack him. If I do argue with him, it would be the same way I would argue had he posted "Wow man, I don't think that a realistic possibility, are you serious?".

Gifs are a theme on every forum. Its the new "cool" thing to use. It used to be #hastags but now its gifs. It doesn't create arguments or fights, gifs only lighten the mood.

Return to Mass Dispatch