The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Re: Mass Dispatch 2.0. The Latest Happenings on The Forums 

Post#61 » by fart » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:37 am

SF88 wrote:
Howard Mass wrote:

Instead of breaking down violations bit by bit, allow me to give everyone a simple guide towards not getting violations on our General NBA Board.

DO NOT

-Call out Moderators (For violation or locking thread)
-Direct attacks towards users or fanbases
-Make Unnecessary posts (IBTL, Your getting banned, get out of here, troll, etc.
[b]-Post Unnecessary GIFS that are meant to be jokes and thus derail discussion on the thread
[/b]

Howard, this is something that is not strictly enforced. I can go on the NBA General Board right now and find at least 3 gifs that are meant to be jokes.

Imo it shouldn't be considered an infraction but if you are going to make it a rule, its only fair that you enforce it on everyone.

I honestly have never seen a fight or argument break out over a gif cause everyone just laughs about it. If I said Dragic should be an all star and someone posted a gif like this one

I would laugh about it, not attack him. If I do argue with him, it would be the same way I would argue had he posted "Wow man, I don't think that a realistic possibility, are you serious?".

Gifs are a theme on every forum. Its the new "cool" thing to use. It used to be #hastags but now its gifs. It doesn't create arguments or fights, gifs only lighten the mood.

That's what I've been saying for two years.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#62 » by Fat » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:38 am

i see unnecessary gifs all the time on the GB, everytime i go to view a thread and check out whats happening around the NBA i see a random gif (that same rule that currently has me on read only access) but thats none of my business.

Example

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1335745&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1335737
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1335798
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1334960&start=40

i mean i can link a ton of them

So my question is what is a "necessary gif" compared to a "unnecessary gif" it has to be a basketball related gif to be posted? because half the gifs that do get posted are meant to be (funny) and majority have nothing to do with basketball. *some do but alot really dont.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#63 » by Maroko » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:i see unnecessary gifs all the time on the GB, everytime i go to view a thread and check out whats happening around the NBA i see a random gif (that same rule that currently has me on read only access) but thats none of my business.

Example

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1335745&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1335737
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1335798
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1334960&start=40

i mean i can link a ton of them

So my question is what is a "necessary gif" compared to a "unnecessary gif" it has to be a basketball related gif to be posted? because half the gifs that do get posted are meant to be (funny) and majority have nothing to do with basketball. *some do but alot really dont.

Except maybe the first one as i didnt understand what the poster meant, they were OK gif.
The mods are applying a strict policy for the gifs because it's easy to derail a thread with it but as long as your gif is linked to the thread (no bait and no troll) then it's ok i guess.

Example :

That gif was meant to be funny (a bit border line as he brought nothing to the subject, every time we will speak about Tolliver then you post that gif to collect some And1...Really)

But you could have changed the face of Beasley and replaced with an official "gay" then i will say you were cleary trolling :D

The border line is very thin and SUBJECTIVE !

Return to Mass Dispatch