tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,781

Re: Mass Dispatch: The Latest Happenings On The RealGM Forum 

Post#101 » by tsherkin » Mon Jul 7, 2014 3:10 am

ReturnofMVP3 wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
Mats272-GOAT wrote:Has the stance on posting off topic gifs and images on the GB softened?

They seem to be ignored by mods posting in that same thread, yet others in the past have copped warnings or strikes for it.

Keep in mind that not all mods are GB mods, even if you see the font/color on their name or the title bar indicating that they are a mod.

Are those same mods held to the same accountability (meaning they can get suspensions or even ROA if they break GB rules)?

Of course.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,041

Post#102 » by Sofia » Mon Jul 7, 2014 6:52 am

tsherkin wrote:
Mats272-GOAT wrote:Has the stance on posting off topic gifs and images on the GB softened?

They seem to be ignored by mods posting in that same thread, yet others in the past have copped warnings or strikes for it.

Keep in mind that not all mods are GB mods, even if you see the font/color on their name or the title bar indicating that they are a mod.

But green fonters should be able to, right?

I'm not saying any mods are not doing their 'job' or anything like that, it's just that the application of the rule seems a tad lighter than the past. I was just curious if that was either conscious decision or natural relaxation over time.

Cheers.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,781

Post#103 » by tsherkin » Mon Jul 7, 2014 7:31 am

Mats272-GOAT wrote:But green fonters should be able to, right?

I'm not saying any mods are not doing their 'job' or anything like that, it's just that the application of the rule seems a tad lighter than the past. I was just curious if that was either conscious decision or natural relaxation over time.

Cheers.

Globals CAN mod on any board. That doesn't mean they do, or even that they are encouraged to do so. Team boards don't generally like it when mods not their own interfere with the way they run things because the external mods don't have context for how things go on that board, and the same is true of the GB. The styles and specific policies differ, often dramatically, so off-board mods really don't get involved with the moderation of other boards in any way besides PMs or reports. It's as much an issue of courtesy as consistency.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#104 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Jul 7, 2014 12:01 pm

I think it would be good/useful if a tagging feature (like what's done on Facebook/Twitter) was added.

Sometimes, you would like to respond to multiple people in a post, but the only way to get each person's attention would be to quote something that each of the users previously wrote in my post. Each of the quoted users would receive a notification that they have been quoted (and then hopefully they will reply back).

However, if you don't have a particular statement that you want to quote from users but just want to get their attention, you'd either need to PM them or create a blank quote (which is a bit weird).

I think it would be cool and much easier if there was a button labeled "Tag".

When you click on it, you get the output of [tag]insert username here[/tag].

After you enter a person's username within the Tag and submit the post that person will receive a notification that they've been tagged in a post.

It's similar to the PM system or 'Friends & Foes' option we have in the User Control Panel except it would be public and makes it easy to get the attention of multiple users quickly and in a single post.

I could even see the function being useful for mods who are trying to break up arguments between 2+ people.

If a mod doesn't want to suspend a user (or users) who are arguing but doesn't want to close a good thread, they can tag the offending users and quickly tell them to cut it out. Since each of the users will receive a notification for being tagged, there should be no excuse that the tagged users didn't see the warning from the mod.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#105 » by Maroko » Mon Jul 7, 2014 12:18 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:I think it would be good/useful if a tagging feature (like what's done on Facebook/Twitter) was added.

Sometimes, you would like to respond to multiple people in a post, but the only way to get each person's attention would be to quote something that each of the users previously wrote in my post. Each of the quoted users would receive a notification that they have been quoted (and then hopefully they will reply back).

However, if you don't have a particular statement that you want to quote from users but just want to get their attention, you'd either need to PM them or create a blank quote (which is a bit weird).

I think it would be cool and much easier if there was a button labeled "Tag".

When you click on it, you get the output of [tag]insert username here[/tag].

After you enter a person's username within the Tag and submit the post that person will receive a notification that they've been tagged in a post.

It's similar to the PM system or 'Friends & Foes' option we have in the User Control Panel except it would be public and makes it easy to get the attention of multiple users quickly and in a single post.

I could even see the function being useful for mods who are trying to break up arguments between 2+ people.

If a mod doesn't want to suspend a user (or users) who are arguing but doesn't want to close a good thread, they can tag the offending users and quickly tell them to cut it out. Since each of the users will receive a notification for being tagged, there should be no excuse that the tagged users didn't see the warning from the mod.

Ahahaha i suggested that idea this morning there but you explained it much better than me. Could you post it there if you dont mind ?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1332991

I can say to you that you have great taste :wink:

I hope they will implement that feature
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#106 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jul 8, 2014 2:13 am

Maroko wrote:Ahahaha i suggested that idea this morning there but you explained it much better than me. Could you post it there if you dont mind ?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1332991

I can say to you that you have great taste :wink:

I hope they will implement that feature

Ok...no problem.
XtotheDeezy
Veteran
And1: 1,790

Post#107 » by XtotheDeezy » Tue Jul 8, 2014 6:54 pm

The phrase "HOWARD MASS" is like "FINAL DESTINATION" or "BLOOD BY HONOR"
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#108 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:26 pm

Are you holding a decision 2.0 on my reinstatement? What is going on?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,705

Post#109 » by Howard Mass » Tue Jul 8, 2014 10:42 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:Are you holding a decision 2.0 on my reinstatement? What is going on?

I will be announcing a decision on an Off-Topic Board Appeal but your appeal is still being reviewed by The Committee.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Mass Dispatch