The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,705

Mass Dispatch 7.0."Beat The Commish" and The User Vote 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Mass Dispatch 7.0.

In this week's addition of Mass Dispatch..............

The Mass Matter focuses on Beat The Commish and the NFL Pick Em's Rules, Format and Who is Going To Play? And there is also an Update On Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational User Vote

In Ask Howard, An NHL Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational, Is a Streetball Forum coming to RealGM?

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderators of the Week

Inside The Administrator's Office dishes on what is being said behind the scenes about The Candidates participating in The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational User Vote.

Let's get to The Mass Matter...............

The Mass Matter: “Beat The Commish” NFL Pick Em's Rules, Format and Who is Going To Play? AND The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator User Vote.

The NFL Preseason started this past weekend and my yearly months long Football Fever began.

I am pumped and excited to start a competition that I played in during my High School Years.

As announced a few weeks back, this coming NFL Season I am starting a competition on the Forum where RealGM Users will make their Weekly NFL Picks for ALL of The NFL Games.

It is going to be called “Beat The Commish”.

Here are the Rules

- Each User and Moderator who participates will make their pick (s) for The Thursday Night Game by 7 PM Est. I will have my pick posted by 5 PM EST.

- The Rest of their weekly NFL picks are due by Sunday at Noon EST. I will make my picks by 7 AM and also tweet them out at that time so no one can say I cheated.

- For the Tiebreaker, participants must guess the total points in The Monday Night Game(s)

- I can see original posts so no one will be able to cheat in case anyone tries to change your pick after the deadline.

- Every User who beats me that week and for the season gets listed in Mass Dispatch

The Format

- There will be two separate Divisions
- A User Division and A Moderator Division
- Users Vs. Moderators

While everyone will be trying to “Beat The Commish” which is me, each week there will be a competition between The Users and Moderators in three different ways.

1) To Be The Winner in your Division

2) To Beat The Other Division.

3) Be The Mass Dispatch “Beat The Commish” NFL Pick Em Season Champion

Obviously, in addition to beating The Commish, each week you want to have the top record in your division and win that week.

However, there is more to play for....

Users and The Moderators will be squaring in a Weekly and Season long competition.

That's Right, The User Division will Compete against The Moderator Division each week.

The Division with The Higher Winning Percentage wins The Week.

Each week will be worth one point and The Playoff weeks will be Worth more with each week worth more points.

The Division with the most points wins the Season Series.

And of course.........

There will be a User Champion and a Moderator Champion and The Competitor with the best overall record will be crowned.

The Mass Dispatch “Beat The Commish” NFL Pick Em Season Champion

Of course, to win that honor, you have to “Beat The Commish”.

The Competition starts Week 1 of The NFL Season.

For now, I need to know

Who is In?

If you are, make a post in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1340874

Once I get an idea of how many users and Moderators are planning to participate, I will announce the rewards for winning.

I promise everyone this is going to be a lot of fun so please let me know if "Your In".

Update On The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitation User Vote

Last week, I selected MadNESS as The Winner of The Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational.

Now, it is YOUR turn to select someone to win a Moderator Interview with me.

Several applicants requested not to be a part of the vote leaving 6 applicants.

I have listed them all in the order that they sent their application in and have posted a Poll on The Mass Dispatch Forum

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1340037

Voting Closes on Sunday Night and I'll be contacting The Winner on Monday morning to schedule an interview.

I will hopefully interview The Winner by next week's Mass Dispatch but regardless The Winner of The User Vote will be announced next week. I do hope to have the result of the interview by that time.

Voting closes on Sunday Night.

ASK HOWARD

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column. 

This week's Questions...............

ReturnofMVP3 Asks: Can The Next Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational Contest be for an NHL Forum?

Howard's Response: The NHL Forums are our lowest traffic forums. In fact, they were not even scheduled to be a part of the expansion years ago.

I did not know we were adding individual team forums until a few days before the launch.

This left me scrambling to put things together and as everyone knows, very few forums took off in a league that I feel has definitely over expanded.

As for your question, I do wonder if there will be enough applicants but I'm going to leave the question up to all of you.

I have put up Poll Question for everyone on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1340866

Voting will go on for 6 days and if “Yes” wins, we will have an NHL Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational in September.

DemonLizard Asks: Will RealGM Add A Streetball Forum?

Not sure what everyone else thinks, but it'd be really awesome to be able to talk about my game and hear about others. Tell me what ya'll think. thanks.

Howard's Response: We actually added a Streetball Forum years ago after a User Campaign but we scrapped it years later due to a lack of interest.

I have no plans to add one again but am open to it if a successful campaign is launched on our Feedback or Mass Dispatch Forum to prove there is enough interest.

Mass Dispatch Weekly Awards

It's time for the Weekly Mass Dispatch Forum Awards.

If you know of a User, Thread or Moderator that deserves to be recognized, please either send me a PM or make a post on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Your nominee might just receive an Award.  

Mass Dispatch User (s) of The Week

Our Green Bay Packers Forum Users

The RealGM Green Bay Packers Forum is a success story for our NFL Forums.

While it's Moderators Global Moderator MickeyDavis and Senior Moderator PaulPressey25 are outstanding, they also have a great base on those Wisconsin Forums.

The Discussion on the forum is great and it is an example of how an NFL Team Forum can be successful on RealGM.

viewforum.php?f=161

All of our Packers Users contribute to this and it is why they are our User (s) of The Week.

Congratulations to our Green Bay Packers Forum Users!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The Green Bay Packers Forum Training Camp Thread

viewtopic.php?f=161&t=1337833

I wanted to highlight the thread that Global Moderator MickeyDavis told me was the best thread on our Green Bay Packers Forum.

It has a nice discussion about The Packers and helps get you in the mood for football.

Congratulations to our Green Bay Packers Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

Global Moderator KingCuban

I remember when I first interacted with KingCuban on the forums.

It was on our Off-Topic Board when I had to intervene in a situation where a User was derailing discussion by backing out of a Username Contest.

After I imposed judgment, I noticed KingCuban and felt he could be a good Moderator.

A few months later, he helped me launch our Australian Sports Discussion Forum. Then, he stunned me by becoming a Chicago Bulls Forum whose Moderators have very high standards. After that, he picked up Moderator our General Off-Topic Board and General NBA Board before becoming a Global Moderator next year.

You can argue he has the toughest assignments of any Moderator.

KingCuban also is very helpful to users and helps bust the spammers each morning.

I love having him on The Moderator Team.

Congratulations KingCuban!

Inside The Administrator's Office

When MadNESS was announced as the Winner of the first Mass Dispatch Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational in last week's Mass Dispatch, I had not told one soul.

A few days ago, I sent The Moderator Team a list of users that I was considering for Moderator positions and in it, I mixed in all 6 of the User Vote Candidates along with some random names.

While The RealGM Moderator Team does not know who the 6 participants in The User Vote are, the reaction to some of them was not good at all.

Not all of the candidates got a negative reaction though and some even got no response at all.

Regardless, The Winner of The User Vote will need to bring their A-game if they want to have a chance to walk out of that interview a RealGM Moderator.

I will announce The Winner next week and hope to have the interview complete so I can announce my decision in next week's column.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Re: Mass Dispatch 7.0."Beat The Commish" and The User Vote 

Post#2 » by hermes » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:39 pm

go vikings!
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,456

Post#3 » by SichtingLives » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Congrats Cubes, you're a hero to us all

10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,169

Post#4 » by PaulieWal » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:08 pm

SichtingLives wrote:Congrats Cubes, you're a hero to us all

So that's what King Cuban looks like.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#5 » by blkout » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:59 pm

He didn't even ask anyone to vote for him wtf is this. Vote for blkout.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#6 » by kingkirk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:49 am

Mod of the week.

EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#7 » by EArl » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:49 am

Congrats Cubes. Better luck next time Blckout.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#8 » by MalikJoakim24 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:38 am

blkout wrote:He didn't even ask anyone to vote for him wtf is this. Vote for blkout.

vote4blkout :D
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#9 » by Gremz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:11 am

I was mod of week. I suspend Coot Coot cause otherwise Cubes would have banned him. I will accept payment in radish.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,041

Post#10 » by Sofia » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:17 am

Radish for user of week
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Jugs
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#11 » by Jugs » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:43 am

kingcuban is hands down the worst moderator and poster on RealGM
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#12 » by Dupp » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:28 am

:lol:
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#13 » by kingkirk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:18 pm

Jugs wrote:kingcuban is hands down the worst moderator and poster on RealGM

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#14 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:21 pm

I am Cubes' favourite poster, he keeps sending me lewd PM's offering me a moderator job and I have to keep declining him.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#15 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:44 pm

Great call on Mod of the Week.

As for the users of the week...well done, Packers, but now I feel challenged to get the Texans board to rise to the occasion.

...it would help if we had a better team. :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,293

Post#16 » by humanrefutation » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:44 pm

On behalf of the Packers board, thank you. We have a lot of good posters there and really good discussion going on, and we have since the board started. A lot of our folks from the Bucks/Brewers boards (#5 NBA board and #2 MLB board in terms of number of posts) have worked to make it a great place for Packers talk. :)
magic22s
Junior
And1: 117

Post#17 » by magic22s » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Congratulations KingCuban!
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#18 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:49 am

Way to go Cubes!